Author Topic: Quote of the day - Sad state of affairs.  (Read 8523 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Quote of the day - Sad state of affairs.
« on: September 09, 2015, 06:18:19 AM »
Picture this.

Base flashes - up a 51 to defend.  F4U up on a perch..we circle for a minute or 2 but no real action as he is 5k above and does not want to commit.

2nd defender ups..190A5

F4U makes a pass....then eggs something...not sure what but not the radar which I was expecting it to hit.

We give chase...190A5 is left in the dust but the F4U turns out to be a F4UD - well, my P51 can haul it in.  I chase for maybe 2 minutes and get to 800 out.  BAILS!!!!

The reason given...."I got what I came for, not going to give you points!"

Seriously?  bomb and bail has now made it to the fighter aircraft.  With 26 players on it was hard enough to find a conflict and then this!!! I obviously cannot name the pilot because that would be in breach of some rule but maybe the Gun Fighters need to have a chat and see if that is the behaviour they want from their squad.

What a waste of time.  Very disappointed.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Quote of the day - Sad state of affairs.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 06:23:58 AM »
You should give his name anyway. Bomb and bail should be publicly humiliated
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:01:39 AM »
Don't worry about it.  Once he is old enough for hair on his junk, he will become a better player. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 07:50:53 AM »
Picture this.

Base flashes - up a 51 to defend.  F4U up on a perch..we circle for a minute or 2 but no real action as he is 5k above and does not want to commit.

2nd defender ups..190A5

F4U makes a pass....then eggs something...not sure what but not the radar which I was expecting it to hit.

We give chase...190A5 is left in the dust but the F4U turns out to be a F4UD - well, my P51 can haul it in.  I chase for maybe 2 minutes and get to 800 out.  BAILS!!!!

The reason given...."I got what I came for, not going to give you points!"

Seriously?  bomb and bail has now made it to the fighter aircraft.  With 26 players on it was hard enough to find a conflict and then this!!! I obviously cannot name the pilot because that would be in breach of some rule but maybe the Gun Fighters need to have a chat and see if that is the behaviour they want from their squad.

What a waste of time.  Very disappointed.

In this situation it's no different than if they were able to run away like 95% of the P51s and 190Ds you come across in the MA. Sure you would have cought the F4U in the long run and this is a very dweeby thing to do, but I consider this situation no different than if they just were able to out run you.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 08:14:46 AM »
A certain 56th pilot started doing this as well after they were shot down repeatedly. Happened several times now. Got film of it too.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:22:19 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 08:19:42 AM »
Two different objectives, both valid, in terms of the game. His: to hit and run. Yours: to enjoy a dogfight. "Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks." *shrug*

Personally, I view almost anything I do in the MA as just practice for Special Events, so I consciously try to avoid taking it too seriously. Among other things, that's why you'll often see me in a Storch.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »
Yes, tell the enemy to stop doing the opposite of what you want.

Because giving them instructions on how to piss you off will make them grateful and compliant.

I agree it sucks but they likely won't see getting shot down as an improvement over bailing.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:58:38 AM »
hey skyyr, you wouldn't happen to have a, let's call it a doppleganger, named "ryyks" would you?  :devil

Just noticed that this incredibly cheeky (in maneuvers, not manners) pilot whooped my butt with a name that is reverse of yours... weird...

and i'd like the record to show that last night I flew my swiss cheese b17s into city strat under 10k... if someone lost my dot after i downed them it was due to city strat ack lighting me on fire not my crew bailing out...  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 10:07:13 AM »
Bomb and bail should be publicly humiliated

You asked for it.

Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 10:19:23 AM »
hey skyyr, you wouldn't happen to have a, let's call it a doppleganger, named "ryyks" would you?  :devil

Just noticed that this incredibly cheeky (in maneuvers, not manners) pilot whooped my butt with a name that is reverse of yours... weird...

Yeah, that was me.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 10:21:14 AM »
You asked for it.

:cry  so sad....   Jinx you're something...   :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 11:47:35 AM »
A certain 56th pilot started doing this as well after they were shot down repeatedly. Happened several times now. Got film of it too.
If I had a nickel for every time Skyyr ran a half sector or more from me I'd have a free subscription this month.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:33 PM »
If I had a nickel for every time Skyyr ran a half sector or more from me I'd have a free subscription this month.

With all due respect, sir, I don't run from you. In fact, here's the current tour record:

My kills (18 total):
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=102&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=89&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=28&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=102&kname=Ryyks

Your single kill:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=Skyyr&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=42&kname=LilMak

So no, I don't run from you and have no reason to, unless you attempt a typical 2v1 or 3v1 (even then, I typically extend and kill you one by one, as seen here). I don't post any of this to inflame or even insult, I post it simply to set the record straight and to show that I actually don't run from combat, as I fly entirely for the purpose of fighter combat.

I'll state what I always state: if you feel that my kills on you are unfair, then you're welcome to go to the DA and we can have a same plane, co-alt, co-E duel - that's as fair as it can ever be. No interruptions, no friends to help, no ack to run to - nothing but your plane and your skill. There's nothing that I enjoy more than an balanced duel. You can even pick the planes. ;)

That being said, bailing out of a fighter to avoid a pure 1v1 when the sole purpose of upping the fighter was to find combat seems rather... unproductive. To each his own, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:27:21 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »
With all due respect, sir, I don't run from you. In fact, here's the current tour record:

My kills (18 total):
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=102&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=89&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=28&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=102&kname=Ryyks

Your single kill:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=Skyyr&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=42&kname=LilMak

So no, I don't run from you and have no reason to, unless you attempt a typical 2v1 or 3v1 (even then, I typically extend and kill you one by one, as seen here). I don't post any of this to inflame or even insult, I post it simply to set the record straight and to show that I actually don't run from combat, as I fly entirely for the purpose of fighter combat.

I'll state what I always state: if you feel that my kills on you are unfair, then you're welcome to go to the DA and we can have a same plane, co-alt, co-E duel. No interruptions, no friends, no ack to run to - nothing but your plane and your skill. There's nothing that I enjoy more than an balanced duel. Let me know when you'd like to fight P-47 vs P-47 in the DA. ;)

That being said, bailing out of a fighter to avoid a pure 1v1 when the sole purpose of upping the fighter was to find combat seems rather... unproductive. To each his own, I guess.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 12:29:08 PM »

This thread is not about running.....its about running and bailing when caught.........we have all run at some point to regain position when at a disadvantage or out numbered.......but if caught we fight it out...win or lose....running and then bailing when caught to prevent giving points is as lame as it gets in a combat flight sim game...... :old:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:35:14 PM by Canspec »