Author Topic: Sick and tired  (Read 9431 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Sick and tired
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2015, 11:27:50 AM »
ask [/color]

I hear this is bad for your health, err or was that bad for only some peoples' health?

Hmm, can't quite remember the exact, perfect quote or exactly the intended, perfect context!!

;)

JUGgler

HOLY CRAP!

Where the hell did you come from?!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »
HOLY CRAP!

Where the hell did you come from?!

He came from a thread where this topic was addressed by Dale.  Specifically by Dale.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »
He came from a thread where this topic was addressed by Dale.  Specifically by Dale.

So that's how we summon him...  :noid

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »
Im not bothering to start a new thread so I will kidnap this one: The Brewster is now parked in the hanger for good, "Zimme83" will never take to the skies anymore. I want to thank the awesome guys of the 97th BG, the best bomb squad of the game. I also want to salute guys like Latrobe and Bruv, for always kicking my *ss, Pipz, for..... well.... being Canadian... And of course all of u that died in front of the mighty Brewster  :salute
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »
Im not bothering to start a new thread so I will kidnap this one: The Brewster is now parked in the hanger for good, "Zimme83" will never take to the skies anymore. I want to thank the awesome guys of the 97th BG, the best bomb squad of the game. I also want to salute guys like Latrobe and Bruv, for always kicking my *ss, Pipz, for..... well.... being Canadian... And of course all of u that died in front of the mighty Brewster  :salute
:salute to the sound of taps
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 03:23:29 PM »
the result of lack of a much needed healthy community, too much AH everyday, and lack of proper understanding of how this game works. Excellent example snail :salute

I'd suggest that you represent very well what you just described in terms of the game and the community.   :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 05:34:42 AM »

:(   are you just going to fly something a little harder or for good? 

Always a pleasure fighting you Zimme, prepared to dive in and mix it up but the pleasure is all mine when it comes to kicking azz!   :D

we can't afford to lose any Euro/off peak players...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:36:36 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 08:14:38 AM »
I killed my account so if im going to return it prob will be under a different name. But as long its more fun to fly in offline mode (the drones neither run or bail) its not worth the money.
Its a great game and koncept but with the numbers and the (as it seems) desire to avoid fighting its not fun anymore.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2015, 12:32:29 AM »
I killed my account so if im going to return it prob will be under a different name. But as long its more fun to fly in offline mode (the drones neither run or bail) its not worth the money.
Its a great game and koncept but with the numbers and the (as it seems) desire to avoid fighting its not fun anymore.

... quiter

and u bust my balls?
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »
It all in HOW you hit the tank. I am FARRRRRRR from a average tanker. There are time I hit a guy 3-4 times and die, but there are other times I can hit a guy once and he dies. Luck of the draw? I don't think so, I think I just hit the right spot to get that one shot kill. In the old days with the super zoom and making you shot spot it was much easier to hit that spot just above and just in front of the next to the last wheel to kill the driver, but these days it is a bit tougher..... unless you have a grease pencil mark  :huh

Learn to hit the right spots and they go down. The same as dropping 50 rounds into the fuselage of a buff where 20 in the wing will drop them easily. Learn to aim.

From my "little bit of experience", Fugitive is right. Its not how many times you hit them, its WHERE you hit them, and I suspect that was the way it was in real life. You always see on country, "DR7 is camping spawn at XX" and when you get there he is tearing us up. But give credit where credit is due, he is a Crack Shot that knows where to hit any given tank type. This lead to 1 shot kills. Same applies to Elk or Redctrch or any of 50 other top gun GV'ers.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2015, 01:24:57 PM »
... quiter

and u bust my balls?

I can do both.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2015, 02:53:13 AM »
I've had one or two sorties in a gv and never once thought hack..people like dr7,tyfoo, mano , airstud and many more just know exactly how to and where to hit what ever I'm driVing...it's jUst practice and knowledge of tanks weakness..of course at times I will admit I'm not happy losing a t2 to an m8 or m18 in a couple of hits lol but I have been a panzer that took 8 hits and I turn my gun around and one shot my attacker thinking man I should have died 4 shots ago
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2015, 01:38:53 PM »
If you fly the faster plane, they can't run. 

Pilots of bombers always had the control to salvo bombs.  Even with the doors closed. 

This thread may as well be 200 whine chat. 

Offline dave

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:53:50 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »

You fly a plane that only a few can really tangle with and wonder why people run from you? 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."