Author Topic: Yo you going to let this game die or what?  (Read 9205 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: Yo you going to let this game die or what?
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2015, 08:50:20 PM »
715, Thank you for the explanation.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »
The gunsight is round because it isn't a 3D rendered object, it's just a bitmap drawing used as a texture.  For plane windows, which are 3D polygon objects, to be round requires way more polygons.  This is because almost all graphic cards can only render 3D surfaces as a collection of straight triangular segments.  To make something approximately round, like an engine nacelle or window, requires you use multiple short segments, i.e. many surface polygons.  This slows rendering down because many more triangular polygon surfaces must be rendered.  There is always the tradeoff between smooth detail and rendering speed.

There may be a few advanced professional graphics systems than can render B-spline surfaces (smooth curves), but not for game computers.  What modern game computer graphic cards do have are tessellation systems which automatically interpolate smooth detail by adding extra polygons.  I thinks some advanced games use them.  I am not sure how much they impact rendering speed.

I like the idea of making it more cartoon, not to say realisim is not the goal but a clean looking game in 3d with lots of players and a smooth running experience is worth gold. cheap tricks and painted background is lame imo.  AH's great gaming experience allows my skills to show through.  :old:

The sky is the limit with AH3. if things are that bad there is not much room to go down.  Lowering the cost could bring more in, i would bet big money that is HTC's number one problem.  They will have to figure it out.  I hope they keep the openness of the arenas because that is whats separates the game from the rest. Unfortunately the community has defaulted away from WW2 missions and needs htcs help to bring back that excitement.  I see it in the missions program they have made and hope the can incorporate it in a successful manner. the biggest problem i see is the open world is more appealing and restricted by the masses desire to be lame (shakes had at selfish dweebs).  simply put, in they end they need more numbers to make it all work. a tough task indeed.

:salute  sorry it had to be this way, a true champion like walmart will survive, but a well buttered and  hand crafted pie will die. not for lack of effort, but more a selfish result of the customer.

ill put my my money with grandma, she will not be here forever but ill support her to the end. and beyond.

:airplane:

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »
It runs much better, minus the clouds and some of the goodies turned off.  The cockpit looks much more realistic with glass reflections what with the improvements in tracers, explosions, fire etc.   Not sure what you mean by cartoon scale maybe the colours are much more vibrant/brighter than the dull looking current version.   

To test it fully and measure up how it will run with larger fights, as seen in the MA, we DO need more guys to download it and look at the europe map with AI missions.  The more people test the quicker HT can roll this out.

When HT does decide to unleash it on the rest of the crowd I don't doubt for a second we will hear  :x  I can't play anymore whines from guys who haven't even bothered to look at the Alpha because capturing base A256 is of far more importance.   You can't stop progress so adapt now and get your heads straight because doing this    :bhead  :bhead  :bhead is not cricket. 

Even driving a GV (yuk) around the new towns and strats would be a start in seeing how the objects blow up and look.

Wow I just down loaded the Europe terrain you mentioned and it seems my machine can't come close to running it. Current game...60 fps with everything up to max. New game.....22 fps with it cranked way down.

So, lets see. do I invest a G in computer parts to play a game? let me think.....No :bolt:
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »
maybe you can just upgrade your vid card then..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »
Im kinda surprised they havnt taken the obvious step and gone to only two sides using only the smaller maps. That at least would give noobs the impression "something" was going on.

I know everyone likes their chess pieces but we'd adjust.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2015, 06:50:29 AM »
o brother lololololooolool

I'm not bitter, I just want more players!!!! Who is responsible for the loss of half there subscribers? In the real world someone would lose there job. Who ever is running the show seems disorganized at best. How about a target release date for AH3? A common practice among stable companies.
It has been a long and slow decline starting with the recession in the economy.
Plus setting a release date is not a good idea, it has resulted in many botched game releases in the past due to development teams being rushed and unable to flesh everything out.(Rome 2)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2015, 08:09:50 AM »
Im kinda surprised they havnt taken the obvious step and gone to only two sides using only the smaller maps. That at least would give noobs the impression "something" was going on.

I know everyone likes their chess pieces but we'd adjust.

Switching to a 2 sided map would make things worse.  Image the guys jumping to the side with numbers to just crush the only other team. With 3 sides there is always the other team that come at you on a flank.

Smaller  maps on the other hand I think  would help until  the numbers  go back up..... if they do. If game play doesn't  get changed / adjusted you can pretty much just start digging hole now.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2015, 08:27:45 AM »
Wow I just down loaded the Europe terrain you mentioned and it seems my machine can't come close to running it. Current game...60 fps with everything up to max. New game.....22 fps with it cranked way down.

So, lets see. do I invest a G in computer parts to play a game? let me think.....No :bolt:

The game not done yet and could use your input w/ your machine as is.  Try turning things to default and go from there.  There may be parts of your computer that would not mind some use.  :airplane:

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »

What video card do you have, Busher?  The new version is supposed to put more workload onto the video card than the previous version.   Have you ever updated the drivers for the card?     

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »
sorry it had to be this way, a true champion like walmart will survive, but a well buttered and  hand crafted pie will die. not for lack of effort, but more a selfish result of the customer.

Hi Nat,
  I'm curious as to what this means. Could you expound on it? I hadn't realized until reading
it that we're all (save for you of course) "selfish" and apparently responsible for the
huge decline in subscriptions to AH.

Regards, Odd

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »
Busher bud you been around long enough to remember when ah2 was coming out alpha sucked the life outta PCs then.But when ah2 was released
fps went way back up. I beg you guys don't pull the trigger till we get a finished product from HT.
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2015, 12:27:51 PM »
Hi Nat,
  I'm curious as to what this means. Could you expound on it? I hadn't realized until reading
it that we're all (save for you of course) "selfish" and apparently responsible for the
huge decline in subscriptions to AH.

Regards, Odd

grandmas pie sells for 15dollars, walmart sells a similar pie for 5$.  the walmart pie leaves a bad taste in your mouth but hell i got 10 bucks in my pocket! screw you grandma!  My other selfish reference was to the communitys inability to organize and work together.  Its hard to play checkers when kids keep wanting to play hockey with the chips, and then they rant excessively of how checkers is for conformist morons.

Did that help?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2015, 12:28:55 PM »
There is no doubt the economy crash was a major factor but there are a number of other reasons.  The decline of the baby-boomers in AH is another.  Baby-boomers had the closet ties to WW2 having parents that went those bad years.  We are getting older.  The decline of the PC with Tablets, game stations and expensive-cell-phones all emerged in the same time frame.  Maybe it was the perfect storm for AH.

Keep in mind too, AH is addictive.  Break the addiction with a crashing economy and you may never get those people back.

The graphics I would say has little to do with the decline of AH but may have everything to do with attacking new players.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »
Did that help?

Not at all. Your anaolgies are rather obtuse and nebulous.
Enjoy that pie. :O

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »
I beg you guys don't pull the trigger till we get a finished product from HT.

im waiting.. my current rig runs the existing game mid-high detail pegged 60fps.. the alpha with everything off, 7-10fps.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.