Author Topic: Patch 76  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 76
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 11:16:37 PM »
Flying in the mission arena.  Either being shot down or landing, afterwards I can't go into the hangar, can't go into the o'club, can't change fields without relogging.  Quit/reenter and it works fine other than TCP message.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »
My Patch 76 experience:

As with previous patches the Europe and Sheep terrains hard crash my computer always, sometimes within seconds of loading.  Ndisles hard crashes my machine if I drive a Jeep through a corn field.

With Patch 76 all the BCCode errors are 8e which is KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HAN DLED with P1=C0000005 = STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, indicating that a memory access violation occurred.  The memory referenced is always in the top 1GB of my 4GB.  Previous patches also crashed about 1/3 the time with BCCode 50 which is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and BCP1 is address (also top 1GB) and BCP2=1 means write operation, but Patch 76 has not thrown that error yet.

I tested my RAM with MEMTEST86+ and it ran for 30 minutes with no error (alpha often crashes in seconds).  I updated my Catalyst drivers to 13.9 (from 13.4) but that had no effect.  (Note that 13.9 is the latest my card manufacturer lists for WinXP 32bit).

Since I don't want to be a broken record I'll stop posting about patches unless they don't crash my machine.

E8400 @ 3GHz, 4GB RAM, HD7870 w 2GB, WinXP 32bit SP3, DX9.0c, 1920x1080, 4K textures

32 bit anything, seems to be a problem with Alpha.  Everyone seems to recommend Windows 7 professional 64 bit

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »
Downloaded and updated via the game, no issues. Mission arena, participated, got a leak, accidentally landed on an enemy field, got killed. Waited until the mission had stopped, no issues taking off an entirely different plane.

What I find slightly disturbing is the "forests": There's more trees in a park than in the AH woods. One shouldn't be able to count individual trees from above, and that should be true as well here in the north as in the Pacific looking areas. Of course there's the issue with GV's, but isn't there a way to make them look like forests from above?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 02:18:31 PM »
I love those forests. From any angle but straight down, they look great but they also cut my fps by half, but hey, I have very good hardware and still run at 30 fps. I'm afraid most people will dial back the tree detail range.

We have the tiles and textures now. Talk to Blauk and Kantorri about in-filling with skinny no-collide sapplings similar to the videos of Finnland that I see.

btw, is Kantorri still in the game?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 02:30:48 PM »
btw, is Kantorri still in the game?
ATM it looks like he's more interested in another flight sim. Pity, he might have had a lot to give to this project.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »
ATM it looks like he's more interested in another flight sim. Pity, he might have had a lot to give to this project.
Agreed.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2015, 02:42:56 PM »
32 bit anything, seems to be a problem with Alpha.  Everyone seems to recommend Windows 7 professional 64 bit

I suspect that is going to turn out to be true.  Unfortunately it would cost me over $2300 to switch to Windows 7  (mostly from the need to replace some current software that won't install in Win 7, one of which is worse than the version I have, yet costs $2000).  It is odd though, because I've checked with Process Monitor and the alpha uses way less than 1/2 of my 4GB of memory so I don't really think it's running out of memory space.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2015, 02:55:36 PM »
I suspect that is going to turn out to be true.  Unfortunately it would cost me over $2300 to switch to Windows 7  (mostly from the need to replace some current software that won't install in Win 7, one of which is worse than the version I have, yet costs $2000).  It is odd though, because I've checked with Process Monitor and the alpha uses way less than 1/2 of my 4GB of memory so I don't really think it's running out of memory space.

I'll fix or find the issue you are having at some point 715, I just have not gotten to it yet.

HiTech

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2015, 03:35:47 PM »
Unfortunately the last few versions I have had the same issue.  On trying to load an arena, the screen goes black, then comes back to loading and black again repeatedly.  I have no options but to task manager out of it (or even reboot).

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2015, 03:38:29 PM »

A lot of people still use XP. No need to update. However, for less than $2300 you could build a gaming PC and still run your software on your current PC.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2015, 04:21:25 PM »
Sorry F77, I was working on a 64bit OS issue that day and had that on the mind when I responded about your XP. I'm running win7 64bit. Again sorry about that.

In the past, those BSOD on my PC's and at work on servers and PC most often were bad hardware, a driver problem, or corrupted OS file or files. Sometimes the dump file will show you which.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2015, 07:42:10 PM »
I'll fix or find the issue you are having at some point 715, I just have not gotten to it yet.

HiTech

Thanks.  You've already affected it: starting with Patch 76 I no longer get BCCode 50 errors, only 8e.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 03:13:46 AM »
Are you aware that Windows7 Pro has a built-in XP mode? Here's Microsoft's tutorial: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

Kotisivuni