Author Topic: Patch 76  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Patch 76
« on: September 24, 2015, 01:40:52 PM »
New version is up!

Become your own editor now!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Patch 76
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »
First message I see online is lost UDP session switching to TCP, every arena, every time.   Logged into AH, no problem there.

I rebooted and tried again. Europe does not switch on first entry after restarting the alpha. Any arena I move to switches right away.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:09:04 PM by FLS »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »
First message I see online is lost UDP session switching to TCP, every arena, every time.   Logged into AH, no problem there.

I rebooted and tried again. Europe does not switch on first entry after restarting the alpha. Any arena I move to switches right away.

Looks like there is a bug if you try change arenas, exit completely from AH to enter each time.

HiTech

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 02:41:51 PM »
Action: Increased the number of fully visible aircraft.

What has it been increased to?  This will really help on some of the larger missions I've built.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »
What has it been increased to?  This will really help on some of the larger missions I've built.

Went from 64 to 128, and thanks I need to go change that setting in the 4 arenas. It is simply a soft limit that has a hard max of 256.

I'm not sure where it is set in the current ah.

HiTech
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:11:55 PM by hitech »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 03:07:00 PM »
Nice. I was hoping for that as well.

:rock
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »
UDP TCP message every arena. Played the Euro map big mission and was UDP\TCP discoed at the end after the bomb drop.

Clouds in the capture the flag arena seem to have been reduced in density. I tested them by flying the length of the banks inside the center switching from cockpit view to F3.

1. - Post lighting on, clutter off, 22-25 fully enclosed inside the clouds. 30-40 if any sky or ground in showing. 30-42 everywhere else except at high alt.
2. - Post lighting off, environment slider 0, clutter off. 25-27 fully enclosed by cloud, 30-50 if any sky or ground is showing through. Everywhere else 40-60 depending on surroundings.

A personal preference. The relationship between light, ground, and the cloud shadows on the ground, is visually more realistic with post lighting off. In the Euro B17 mission, with PL on, my FPS would drop to 12-14 when my B17 was close to other B17. With PL off, FPS would be 20-32.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 03:13:48 PM »
Looks like there is a bug if you try change arenas, exit completely from AH to enter each time.

HiTech

That works.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
So is that big Euro arena staged mission gone for now?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »
OK i am trying to understand the directions on the terrain building test goals... can you elaborate a little more..

"Create a terrain with the pack terrain set , then unzip the following into your new terrain folder.

Restart the terrain editor, You should now see funny colored terrain ."

Do we make a terrain with the zip file you posted or what is that for???

LawnDart

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
OK i am trying to understand the directions on the terrain building test goals... can you elaborate a little more..

"Create a terrain with the pack terrain set , then unzip the following into your new terrain folder.

Restart the terrain editor, You should now see funny colored terrain ."

Do we make a terrain with the zip file you posted or what is that for???

LawnDart

Here you go LawnDart. It doesn't get any better easier then this.
I'm supplying you with a basic Alpha TE terrain as specified. Don't worry, the TE put Airfield #1 in it, I didn't do that.

The instructions say to set the tiles to the PAC set. You do that with the settings menu in the TE. Otherwise, download HTC's sample tile set and follow the instructions given. This terrain comes with a CBM, is currently buildable but not uploadable. You can build and then fly this offline.

My plate is full or I'd be testing this ability myself. Please, anyone testing this, let us know how you did.

Zip file name: terrP76.zip
Terrain name (folder): patch76 with patch76.oba inside

Drop the unzipped folder into C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Alpha\ah3terr

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 05:29:29 PM »
loaded ava map, no issue.
lost udp immediately other 2 maps, tcp took the hand-off immediately both maps.

will attempt flights later.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »
Updated with no problems.

Upon entering any of the 4 arenas "Lost UDP....." came up. Was still able to fly and do anything I wanted.

AvA Arena, no missions were running, and could not load one and set the time for it, when I tried it CTD.

Special Events Arena, no missions.

Missions Arena, missions running okay.

Noticed I could not change "text channels" with the radio box open, had to use the mouse. I could use the channel selection to bring up the radio box, but once it was up any change in the channel had to be done with the mouse.

Both 110's do not have a joystick in the cockpit, and did not notice rudder pedals either.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 02:09:49 AM »
Just to confirm from the previous patch- I cannot die in a mission and reup in another aircraft.  I have to exit and rejoin the arena to get into another aircraft, even if I unassign myself.  When I try to get into another plane I get the -6 -1 error.

Also, confirming the TCP error if I don't log out of the game and switch arenas.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 03:56:58 AM »
Capture the flag worked for me.  Cloud shadows on my plane were frign sweet.  :rock