Author Topic: ENY - and why it is bad for the game  (Read 10711 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: ENY - and why it is bad for the game
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2015, 03:58:39 PM »
I know this is a shallow response, but if you're devoted to one low-ENY plane, then move over to a country where you can fly it if ENY rears its head.  If you're devoted to one chess piece, then deal with the ENY when your numerical advantage cranks up.  Having both (low ENY rides, plus a numerical advantage) doesn't seem like the answer.  My advice would be to pick the one thing that's most fun or important to you, and give on the other.

That is all well and good, switching sides to fly the plane you want, but what happens an hour later when those low numbers have had another shift by only a few players logging off from one side, and logging in on another? Stuck for 4 more hours not being able to switch nor fly your favorite plane.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »
That is all well and good, switching sides to fly the plane you want, but what happens an hour later when those low numbers have had another shift by only a few players logging off from one side, and logging in on another? Stuck for 4 more hours not being able to switch nor fly your favorite plane.
One of the many reason I fly buffs full time!!! and when im not its just for fun :cheers:

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »
bustr - why do you always have to include some form of insult with your posts?

This is not about having to ride the fast uber planes to make sure I can stay safe, it is about a preference.  I am not crying or rage quitting and threatening to pull my subs. I have an opinion about ENY and I chose to raise it in the forum.  I could easily get into another plane and fly that, I just prefer to fly the 51D and if you care to ask around I am more than willing to fight in it.

Your assessment of me and why I posted is way off the mark.  If you cannot be nice then how about you don't post!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2015, 08:26:01 PM »
One doesn't have to fly every single plane in the MA to have fun, just like people shouldn't really concern themselves what other players fly.

Agreed.  But we were discussing the people who said they would not fly at all if they could not fly one, and only one, ride.

- oldman

Offline amp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2015, 10:24:14 PM »
Maybe one finds one particular plane more enjoyable to fly over the rest of the plane set.  One doesn't have to fly every single plane in the MA to have fun, just like people shouldn't really concern themselves what other players fly.

ack-ack

Wow!  You finally said something I agree with.  :aok

Few things feel as nice as sitting in a mighty MK VIII, flying around wonderring why so many fly inferior aeroplanes. ENY does force me into the mighty MK IX, on occasion, but it's a worthy second choice.

May each of us always be able to fly our aeroplane of choice. :old:

I would rather switch country than to pry my fingers off of my mighty MK VIII. :old:

That brings up the side switching issue, but that's for another thread and time. :bhead

:airplane: :joystick: :banana:

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2015, 07:12:49 AM »
mighty mighty mighty indeed!    :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »
ENY - A great concept.  I understand the intent and I agree with it.

HOWEVER.....it causes people to leave the game because they cannot fly the plane they want.  Anyone who thinks ENY is not an issue, spend some time logged in when ENY is in full force.....just log in and look at the chat buffer.

I do not know the answer.  My personal preference is no ENY ever. 

I was advised by another player tonight that I should embrace EW and MW planes and ENY would not be an issue.  I understand and accept the approach.....BUT...I want to fly a P51.

It really is a simple as that.  When you take that away from me I log off.  Is it that hard to understand??????

No Not at all.........Oh and by the way people in hell want Ice Water.......

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »
... the mighty MK IX ...

:aok

Welcome back!
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2015, 07:30:02 AM »
Wow!  You finally said something I agree with.  :aok

Few things feel as nice as sitting in a mighty MK VIII, flying around wonderring why so many fly inferior aeroplanes. ENY does force me into the mighty MK IX, on occasion, but it's a worthy second choice.

May each of us always be able to fly our aeroplane of choice. :old:

I would rather switch country than to pry my fingers off of my mighty MK VIII. :old:

That brings up the side switching issue, but that's for another thread and time. :bhead

:airplane: :joystick: :banana:
The plane-dedicated crowd (I am one of them by the way) have the option to switch to a higher ENY model of their plane or switch sides. There are very few high or moderately high ENY models without a high ENY alternative. We have spits, 109s, 190s, p38s, p47s, p51s, LA and Yaks model series that span a wide range in ENY.

If someone is such a huge fan of the La7 (p51d) with 3 cannons (6 0.5s) that he cannot possibly fly the poss 2 cannons La5 (4 0.5s p51b) and is too chess piece loyal to switch - well, he has a problem.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2015, 10:57:16 AM »
Bozon, it  still gets back to being able to choose what plane you want in a pay to play game.

I still like the bounty idea when eny restrictions apply.  Maybe make their icon blue to indicate a bounty will be paid in perks for the downing of an eny restricted plane.  Maybe even neater, have the bounty be paid by the player who choose an eny restricted plane.  I am thinking like a 5 perk, bonus.  Maybe 10.

I know this may not be practical but interesting anyway.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2015, 11:45:45 AM »
Bozon, it  still gets back to being able to choose what plane you want in a pay to play game.
No, it gets down to a specific model  (always the latest and greatest, except the spit 14) of the plane.
Hey! I'm a P51D-5 fan and I won't fly the P51B that just pretend to be 95% as good as the D. Those 5% make it a total pos, and besides, it is ugly.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »
I like the idea of being able to switch to the country with the least players in order to balance out the teams regardless of some side switch time. This would at least encourage players to even the #s if they want to fly their favorite plane.

ENY correlates with side switching. You have to balance them so that all players can enjoy the game without making it too big of a deal, especially during off hours.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:58:51 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ASBATT

• Zinc Member
      • http://dsl.sbc.yahoo.com
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2015, 12:18:05 PM »
ENY works just fine, don't be so stubborn,expand your skills. you would be surprised how well EW & MW planes fly.I fly bish we have 29 ENY almost daily. Go to rooks or knights they have less time under the ENY. Enjoy the challenge of getting kills on your P-51,instead on only flying one Game has a big learning curve. the more you learn the more fun you will have.
EXIT

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2015, 01:37:28 PM »
Santa could be naughty and flood the MA with AI after human numbers dropped below a certain point. I was convinced an AI during the first rounds of closed alpha testing of the AI missions was an MA vet in the mission for the other side.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2015, 01:46:49 PM »
So you are willing to trade relatively few whines against a lot more whines? ;)

I think it will be the other way around. ENY tries to address teh "Hey we're being hoarded" whine as if players being hoarded will not whine about being hoarded because they are being hoarded by P-40. I think no reduction in hoarding whine is produced by the effectof ENY.

New whine is introduced "Hey I hate ENY I can't fly my La7"

So no loss in Hoarding Whine + New Whine = more whining. Not less.  :salute  :)
Who is John Galt?