Author Topic: ENY - and why it is bad for the game  (Read 11143 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY - and why it is bad for the game
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »
ENY - A great concept.  I understand the intent and I agree with it.

HOWEVER.....it causes people to leave the game because they cannot fly the plane they want.  Anyone who thinks ENY is not an issue, spend some time logged in when ENY is in full force.....just log in and look at the chat buffer.

I do not know the answer.  My personal preference is no ENY ever. 

I was advised by another player tonight that I should embrace EW and MW planes and ENY would not be an issue.  I understand and accept the approach.....BUT...I want to fly a P51.  It really is a simple as that.  When you take that away from me I log off.  Is it that hard to understand??????

ENY never affected me, as I was proficient in various airframes.   But I always chuckled when folks like yourself scream at your monitor as you have to look at your ride in the hangar. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2015, 01:01:01 PM »
What if you took away the six hour rule if you were switching to a side that had fewer guys? like 10% fewer?

As much as I hate switching sides. I HATE that people who switch, Mainly to know what's going on like they can see that were gearing up for an attack/mission or they know where CVs are.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2015, 01:05:01 PM »
What if you took away the six hour rule if you were switching to a side that had fewer guys? like 10% fewer?

As much as I hate switching sides. I HATE that people who switch, Mainly to know what's going on like they can see that were gearing up for an attack/mission or they know where CVs are.

This is simply hogwash.   The majority of those who switch, do so because the fighting is better.    The "zOMFG SPIZ" is overblown in the argument against ENY.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2015, 01:09:21 PM »
Eny has never been an issue to me but I do understand the problem with the players wanting their P-51D.

Maybe a modifier could be used.  If ENY restrictions come into play, restrict the number of P51s available to each player by time.  A WAG would be one per hour as an example.  I know this might limit engagements with eny restricted P51s but that would have a similar effect of full restricted eny planes.  May be doggone hard to program into AH.

The point is, a compromise might be in order.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »
This is simply hogwash.   The majority of those who switch, do so because the fighting is better.    The "zOMFG SPIZ" is overblown in the argument against ENY.

Haha foreal, as of lately, if you switch to the bish, you will be having fights up to your neck for hours.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:50:19 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »
Simple solution:

All those in favor of the ENY model will receive a topless, bouncing, gif, BBS avatars approved by me.  :salute

Problem solved. 

Please begin immediately PMing all of your selections so I can begin the approval process. 

Dale and Skuzzy, I will forward any unacceptable or marginal submissions to both of you for your consideration.  We only need beauties in here, right? 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2015, 03:08:07 PM »
Well if you want a simple answer.  When ENY kicks in and I cannot fly what I prefer I am going to log off.

I cannot believe I am the only one.  Hitech has already stated that more logged off without ENY than with it so he has made that choice.  My choice is to log off.

I do the same.

I also fly when numbers are low and have seen ENY destroy some great rolling battles that were fun for both sides.

The P-51D is way overvalued on an ENY basis as I see it.  I concur with that assessment by a previous poster. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:13:36 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2015, 03:14:01 PM »
(stupid guy voice) How many times has that particular scenario actually happened?  Be honest.

Specifically, how many times have the numbers reversed so much that side A had 51s locked, you switched to side B and two hours later, side B had 51s locked?

It has happened many times.   I have been there on many occasions with Fess.  We switched to the low side and half an hour later the tables have flipped.   Logoff. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2015, 03:15:25 PM »
I do the same.

I also fly when numbers are low and have seen ENY destroy some great rolling battles that were fun for both sides.

The P-51D is way overvalued on an ENY basis as I see it.  I concur that assessment by a previous poster.

Not really, the plane is capable of almost anything in this game. You haven't played the game long enough IMO to make that assessment. When you see what TonyJoey puts up when he flies the P51 you'd realize that it actually is a very incredible plane in AH, as it was in real life as well. The only thing IMO that makes the plane imperfect is the 6 50 calls. Other than that, the plane is uncatchable and unstopable in most cases in the MA.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2015, 03:15:27 PM »
How about just the last five years, then?

Perked rides with their considrable higher K/Ds are far off the right. They all have comparatively little usage.

With both charts, only A2A kills & deaths did count.

As said before, that ENY is not just about plain usage or air to air success, but also raw performance aspects and most importantly, multirole capability.
ENY values also fulfill two functions in the arena, one determining the perks gained in combat and second as a limiter for balance purposes (which sometimes leads to odd results, giving you much more perks for shooting down a rather helpless Lancaster than a B-17).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:20:05 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2015, 03:18:55 PM »
Yea that was one of our ideas that we decided we would not do again.

HiTech

Dump EW and MW and throw an RPS up in its place?

I enjoyed RPS.  Was a blast.  But I know that's a minority view.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »
I've got it Hitech!

Add a perk cost the eny value as the #s differentiate. So that way people can fly their favourite planes, but they have to pay a perk cost since the #s are off!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »
Not really though... the spit 8 is much more versatile. The spit8 makes the pony B look like a fat pig. I really don't see how you could compare the 2 planes as they don't really fly with the same style.

just a matter of opinion.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »
Not really, the plane is capable of almost anything in this game. You haven't played the game long enough IMO to make that assessment. When you see what TonyJoey puts up when he flies the P51 you'd realize that it actually is a very incredible plane in AH, as it was in real life as well. The only thing IMO that makes the plane imperfect is the 6 50 calls. Other than that, the plane is uncatchable and unstopable in most cases in the MA.

If the Dora is a 12 then Pony is at worst a 10.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2015, 03:41:05 PM »
If the Dora is a 12 then Pony is at worst a 10.

The Dora should be lower. The P51 is much more versatile in terms of performance, flight characteristics, Ord, gas, you name it. It's a much better plane.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-