Author Topic: Can we please...  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
Re: Can we please...
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 12:58:20 PM »
Why  :neener: ?

I kill more ack then it kills me  :aok (Still think there shouldn't be any manned acks)

Sorry Junky but its in good fun; I shot you down about 2-3 weeks ago with a lucky 37mm hit, and then you said the same thing on 200. Probably the only time I've shot you down that I can recall...

IMO the 37mms are really difficult to hit with anyway (esp with tracers off which is my usual setting), so I'll have to disagree with you. <S> - Hetzer

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 01:42:38 PM »
Sorry Junky but its in good fun; I shot you down about 2-3 weeks ago with a lucky 37mm hit, and then you said the same thing on 200. Probably the only time I've shot you down that I can recall...

IMO the 37mms are really difficult to hit with anyway (esp with tracers off which is my usual setting), so I'll have to disagree with you. <S> - Hetzer

Junky is a low to no, risk-taker. player.  That is why he wants less ack.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 01:54:23 PM »
Really sounds like the pendulum is swinging back and another generation of the skillz guys wants Hitech to turn the MA into the super DA again on their terms or, they will I guess pull a Mizzou or something like that here in the forums. I suppose Hitech will have to capitulate out of fear of them rejecting him, fire Waffle as an act of reparation, and delete these from a map being tested in the "Open Alpha" online arenas. After all, they have suffered so much, for so many tours in the MA at the hands of the evil ack.

Oh! So far you can only man the center 88 in each wheel. The spokes are not slaved to the manned center 88's fire control. Yet....

Seems thick enough, Hmmm where have I seen this, Oh...WW2 ack inbound to targets.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 02:06:50 PM »
crap waystin gonna need help deacking fields now.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 02:25:42 PM »
What?  You mean like the Babyboomer's who blew all their cash on land yachts & cocain, and now want to rob X & Y to fund their retirement?  Stones & Glass houses and all... ya know.

I would like to correct this to BMW's and cocaine. Another product of "Generation Y" going on a rant of instant gratification not getting their facts strait. 
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »
Another product of "Generation Y" going on a rant of instant gratification not getting their facts strait.

You are incorrect.  That happens when you react based on assumption.  So, lets hear the facts.

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 02:33:30 PM »
bustr is that not a strat?? 

no furballer is going to fly ALL the way to an enemy strat to dogfight! 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 02:34:45 PM »

a little harsh, Junky is a good stick and of outstanding character.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
bustr is that not a strat?? 

It looks like a friggin SAM site.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
First off yes this is a whine thread.

Do something to 5" AA guns as to where they aren't so damn easy? Literally point and click, and when the round is close it explodes? So gamey, and ruins fights when they can pick you off 10k away.

NOW you're just being mean.  I can't even hit the ground with one of those things, though not for lack of trying.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2015, 02:59:20 PM »
Good Lord folks, open a phreeking history book on WWII once in awhile.

It happened in the war....ships, airfields, and bases under attack threw up a massive AAA.

Don't like it?  Don't fly so close to carrier groups, bases, airfields, or my wirbel.

Gawd is the Generation X & Y a bunch of whining candyarses.

Oh I hear you, and it's historically true. But I can see by your comment that you are not a dogfighter in an air war simulator. I respect you are not good at dogfighting and you like to play the game from the ground. but to some of us, due to distances between bases, the ground defenses are so predominant that they affect said Air War to a negative extend. As dogfights terminate as soon as someone can run back close to his airbase.

The 5" has totally killed aspects of the gameplay such as Torpedo bomber. Those things are useless Vs a 5". The worst thing that happened to AH in term of dogfighting was HTC bumping up the AAA effectiveness to counter base vulching. The ack running is just to a ridiculous level. Spitfire Vs single P47s diving straight down to their ack on 1 on 1 Vs a P47 ... LA7s doing hit and run back and forth to their AAA ... it's a pain to get a proper dogfight. Waffle's words are trully worry some to me.  :uhoh
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2015, 03:21:55 PM »
I'm surprised Randy seeing that I frequently find myself turn fighting a TA152 vs your P38 in the MA.... EDIT I looked at a recent film of one of our engagements, just before I killed you because of a lack of SA on your part I was the only person to go engage the 15k F4U that came in...understand our meetings might just be bad luck on your end....you did 3 v 1 me in the same clip though...

My reason for saying we should not have man guns is so people up something that is a worthy kill....I could fly 190F8s all day and kill an entire airfields ack but....yep in the end they do the same thing...sit there and shoot yellow crap back. The problem I see in game is people (win the war crowd specifically) are more inclined to either A get in a man gun at a base being attacked or B run supplies so the ack comes back up instead of C get in a whirb or plane to defend it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:43:43 PM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
So removing objects from the game won't help as in stead of running to ack, they will bail or some other lame crap. What needs to be done is to change the game in a way that it PROMOTES active fighting. Leave the ablity to run to ack, so no one can cry about removing their crutch, but add a "carrot" that will get them fighting instead of running.

25 perks for a win the war reward, give them a perk per kill at the end of the tour. In most cases it will be more perks than they can earn given most fly late war monsters.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2015, 03:30:52 PM »
From a gameplay PoV the manned guns really hurt gameplay.

While I respect your opinion as a long-time AH player, I'm curious what your reasoning behind this statement is.

Here's my reasoning on ack and what I'd like to see in AHIII:

Anything that keeps fights further from airfields is good, IMO.

How many times have you engaged a co-alt con who does a split-S down to his airfield/town ack at the first merge?  Annoying? Yes.  But maybe he was slow/heavy or whatever when you found him (since you found him close to his field) so down to the ack he goes.  But you don't have to hunt the low/slow/heavy to get kills (they aren't really "fights" after all).  If you are circling an enemy base, you aren't looking for a fight, you're looking for an easy kill.  Instead fly between bases (or on the edge of their radar) and look for good fights, that's where you'll find them. 

The best furballs happen between fields, not over them.  We've all experienced those great, evenly matched furballs that seem to go on for a while.  Ever notice they seem to be out in a no-man's land between fields?  Being away from the fields tends to result in people fighting and also tends to keep the fights more evenly matched.  However, when the furball starts moving (due to increasing numbers on one side, a fresh squad coming in and dominating the fight, players on one side getting bored, or whatever the reason) the furball then moves closer to the enemy base, and this generally turns into a vulch fest (that auto ack does little to dissuade).

Vulching is horrible for game play.   Yes, it happened in reality during WWII; it was how most 262s were shot down – but that doesn’t make it good for the game.  I've seen a squad spend hours at the same base deacking and vulching with no intent on taking the base -- just for the purpose of racking up easy, meaningless kills.  In fact, witnessing this as a regular occurrence is the main reason I started practicing with manned guns.   The real downside of organized vulch-fests, I think, is that it takes a disproportionate tole on newer players who don’t know better, don't know the "don't up from a capped field" mantra, and are just looking to get into a fight.  They are often the ones who wind up repeatedly killed on the runway or just off it.  I don't see how that is good for gameplay or player retention.

The auto-ack at small fields, ports and v-bases is practically harmless.  Deacking one of these is ridiculously easy and can be done by a single player using a small number of cannon rounds.  Look at all the full-time base-porkers we have in the game (something that while strategically valid does not exactly promote good combat gameplay).  How many times have you seen someone swoop down, strafe down radar, loop around in the ack, strafe down an ord bunker, loop around in the ack again and strafe down the 2nd ord bunker and then fly away unscathed?  There are players who do this and only this, and seem to have never bothered to learn a single defensive ACM.

For the reasons above, I believe more/better ack at bases would actually raise the bar and improve gameplay in AH.

Since manned guns make ack somewhat more effective and less predictable, I also think they are good for gameplay.

<S>
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:17:19 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »
So removing objects from the game won't help as in stead of running to ack, they will bail or some other lame crap. What needs to be done is to change the game in a way that it PROMOTES active fighting. Leave the ablity to run to ack, so no one can cry about removing their crutch, but add a "carrot" that will get them fighting instead of running.

25 perks for a win the war reward, give them a perk per kill at the end of the tour. In most cases it will be more perks than they can earn given most fly late war monsters.
Who said removing them from game? My suggestion is disabling them until FHs/VH goes down.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"