Author Topic: Can we please...  (Read 7017 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Re: Can we please...
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »
Really sounds like the pendulum is swinging back and another generation of the skillz guys wants Hitech to turn the MA into the super DA again on their terms or, they will I guess pull a Mizzou or something like that here in the forums. I suppose Hitech will have to capitulate out of fear of them rejecting him, fire Waffle as an act of reparation, and delete these from a map being tested in the "Open Alpha" online arenas. After all, they have suffered so much, for so many tours in the MA at the hands of the evil ack.

Oh! So far you can only man the center 88 in each wheel. The spokes are not slaved to the manned center 88's fire control. Yet....

That looks really cool, good job HTC  :rock It's going to add to the gameplay and I'm looking forward to it ... but know that each of them spells "No dogfight zone 5 miles radius".
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2015, 04:07:16 PM »
The problem I see in game is people (win the war crowd specifically) are more inclined to either A get in a man gun at a base being attacked or B run supplies so the ack comes back up instead of C get in a whirb or plane to defend it.

Junky, you are a good stick and a worthy opponent, so please don't take this as an attack on you, because nearly everyone in the game does this:

Circling an airfield at 3K away is not looking for a fight, it is looking for an easy vulch kill.  When I see someone doing that, they are my first target with the 88.  Poof, goodbye would be vulcher.  System: Natasha shot you down.   :)  Then I will up my fighter and defend the base.

If you are looking for a good fight, loiter just inside the radar circle, well outside of ack range, not 3K from the field.

As you see in my more lengthy comment above, my belief in having effective ack (auto and/or manned) is to push the fights away from the runways themselves, so that good fights can be had.

<S>
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:09:30 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »

:D

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2015, 04:10:40 PM »
Junky, you are a good stick and a worthy opponent, so please don't take this as an attack on you, because nearly everyone in the game does this:

Circling an airfield at 3K away is not looking for a fight, it is looking for an easy vulch kill.  When I see someone doing that, they are my first target with the 88.  Poof, goodbye would be vulcher.  System: Natasha shot you down.   :)  Then I will up my fighter and defend the base.

If you are looking for a good fight, loiter just inside the radar circle, well outside of ack range, not 3K from the field.

As you see in my more lengthy comment above, my belief in having effective ack (auto and/or manned) is to push the fights away from the runways themselves, so that good fights can be had.

<S>

One of the best explanations of the system I have read.

Coogan  :aok
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2015, 04:18:31 PM »
For the reasons above, I believe more/better ack at bases would actually raise the bar and improve gameplay in AH.

Since manned guns make ack somewhat more effective and less predictable, I also think it is good for gameplay.

I agree with all you've said here.

It does seem to me that fights are now taking place over the bases much more than they used to (admitting that my memory may simply be going bad).  That's the worst place to have fights, either because the ack will pick off attackers, or because defending a/c will always be at an altitude disadvantage.

My fundamental view is that anything which discourages vulching is a good thing.

- oldman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2015, 04:33:26 PM »
a little harsh, Junky is a good stick and of outstanding character.

I have seen him on more than one occasion abandon his fellow red bait ship on the deck when there was no more easy picking then run for home from his vulcher position several thousand feet above the fight.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »
Everyone here needs to fly with or around Dodger for one evening.  You'll have more fun and fights than your little tiny selves will know what to do with.  Then, for a nitecap, take him to the DA for an hour. 

You guys are boring.  Lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
Everyone here needs to fly with or around Dodger for one evening.  You'll have more fun and fights than your little tiny selves will know what to do with.  Then, for a nitecap, take him to the DA for an hour. 

I agree.  Dodger is fun to fight, both with and against.

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
I see where JO is coming from.. there are a lot of things that tend to drag guys away from defending a base.

"Hey, we won't up one plane to defend this base, but we will run a pile of m3's to town to supply it"

or

Hey,  We wont up one plane, or even GV for that matter, to defend this base... just pile m3's in"

See the constant?  You can fly towards a base solo when there is no action, and geeeeez... take part in cartoon combat to defend it.. or.....you can sit in a gun or run m3 supplies..

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2015, 08:32:42 PM »
I see where JO is coming from.. there are a lot of things that tend to drag guys away from defending a base.

"Hey, we won't up one plane to defend this base, but we will run a pile of m3's to town to supply it"

or

Hey,  We wont up one plane, or even GV for that matter, to defend this base... just pile m3's in"

See the constant?  You can fly towards a base solo when there is no action, and geeeeez... take part in cartoon combat to defend it.. or.....you can sit in a gun or run m3 supplies..

The only exception is when you have to resup the base to keep it from being taken....cuz it's the only fight in town at that moment.  Lose the base, lose the fight for a while.  Unless Dodger is on.  Then you just follow him and crap starts up again some where else lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2015, 09:57:21 PM »

<S>
As Lazer said, the win the war crowd has easier ways to "defend" a field then upping a plane or tank.....

I have seen him on more than one occasion abandon his fellow red bait ship on the deck when there was no more easy picking then run for home from his vulcher position several thousand feet above the fight.
HAHAHAHAHA I refer you to a video I made of me fighting a CO E F4U in a 152...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWCVcZOANE&feature=youtu.be I'm not afraid to duke it out and normally will fight anything 1v1....you claiming I only fight from the advantage is absolutely ignorant.  Oh and I have seen you on more then one occasion bottom feed for easy gangbang kills...I normally pick those guys as my targets because I know they aint got the balls to fight straight up

I hate Cam Newton but hell he had a point....You all don't want us to get close to your field and pick you? Up and stop us!!! That is what we are asking...We are asking for you all to come up and gangbang/pick/HO/ PWN us to death. I'd rather have 10 kills and 100 good deaths in intense fights then 500 Kills and 10 deaths to something as stupid as ack.

:salute

except you Randy...... :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2015, 08:08:44 AM »
I agree with Jo,

Vulching doesn't happen in AH anymore so it is safe for them to be removed. 

Somebody lives in a mental fantasy world.  :rolleyes:

PLEASE pass me some of that weed you are smoking.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2015, 08:11:50 AM »
joking right? Want to know how many times I have been well beyond 12k from a CV unit and it's blasting me? Even when I have no intention of being around it... Once the puffy comes it seems like it never goes away.

And about comment about x and y generation, just remember who were the ones to raise us, arse-hat.

The AAA has been this way for years and now you want to whine about it because you are dumb enough to fly into that AAA?   LOL

And about X & Y, I didn't raise you, because I would have beat your butt fire engine red when you acted out.  Blame your parents.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2015, 08:56:51 AM »

The AAA has been this way for years and now you want to whine about it because you are dumb enough to fly into that AAA?   LOL

And about X & Y, I didn't raise you, because I would have beat your butt fire engine red when you acted out.  Blame your parents.

No he is whining about it now because years ago MOST players didn't run to ack, they stuck it out and fought it out. Now it seems to be more important to players to lawndart their ords for the good of the "win the war", or hide in the ack until the 88 clear the air, or they just ignore them as they really have no intention to fight the attackers as they are not there to "take the base" and so they are no threat to their "win the war " style of play.

Fighting for the bases and the "wwin should be made more a part of the game, not less as the trend seems to be going.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2015, 09:48:29 AM »
Do something to 5" AA guns as to where they aren't so damn easy? Literally point and click, and when the round is close it explodes? So gamey, and ruins fights when they can pick you off 10k away.

It's been years since getting a kill more than 5k away unless the bogie is coming straight at me. What's the trick? How does one explode the round in the face of the enemy when distances vary so much? Alas, I suck in 88's as well  :bhead