Author Topic: Can we please...  (Read 7018 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can we please...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 08:45:28 AM »
Not lately, I would guess  :D
no it's been a week lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 08:48:38 AM »
Good Lord folks, open a phreeking history book on WWII once in awhile.

It happened in the war....ships, airfields, and bases under attack threw up a massive AAA.

Don't like it?  Don't fly so close to carrier groups, bases, airfields, or my wirbel.

Gawd is the Generation X & Y a bunch of whining candyarses.
joking right? Want to know how many times I have been well beyond 12k from a CV unit and it's blasting me? Even when I have no intention of being around it... Once the puffy comes it seems like it never goes away.

And about comment about x and y generation, just remember who were the ones to raise us, arse-hat.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »
joking right? Want to know how many times I have been well beyond 12k from a CV unit and it's blasting me? Even when I have no intention of being around it... Once the puffy comes it seems like it never goes away.

And about comment about x and y generation, just remember who were the ones to raise us, arse-hat.

Funny story. The baby boomers and Generation behind them are creating so much technology in such a short period of time to make everyone's lives easier, for the soul purpose of PROFIT, yet they wonder why our generation is "lazier". derp de derp. We get work done 10Xs faster and more efficiently than ever before, but we are still "lazy" because the older generation cannot get over the fact they made it like that.

On a related note, manned puff AAA and Manned acks are the DEVIL!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 09:53:42 AM »
lazy was not the term, it was candyarces.  meaning whiny sissy.  :old:   :rofl

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »

So, if it isn't one of your personal complaints, it's "a bunch of whining" coming from players younger than you?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361494.msg4803740.html#msg4803740

Was your complaint based on your age or perceived entitlement?  I somehow doubt you would answer yes.  So why do you lay off what another player(s) believe to be a legit topic for debate to be just based on the petulance of youth?

I think most players will relate to what Joeacheem is bringing up, but Kingpin also brings up good points as well.  Ad hominem attacks don't really bring much to the discussion. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:27:42 AM by Gman »

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 11:02:33 AM »
With the Low numbers in the MA lets go a step further...Man guns not useable until FH are dropped at a airfield. No guns enabled on CV other then HE guns.

lol  :neener:

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 11:16:28 AM »

Gee, project much?

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »
I was having a thought on puffy the other day. Then I wiped and flushed.

Okay, everybody forget this Geezer business. Innovation is a direct product of laziness - and my laziness motivates me so much that people often mistake me for someone who isn't lazy.

Seriously, to me, the most gamey/unrealistic aspect of the puffy is that I can fly through it with impunity providing it's coming from a friendly carrier group.

Maybe I have this wrong and have been incredibly lucky to have never been hit by friendly puffy..? Or it has happened and I though it was something else?

In any case, people hide in the friendly ack, generally. They'd be less inclined to do so after a few friendly fire incidents. I'd like to see that even in the case of the non-puffy.

Perhaps someone can explain to me the mechanism by which base auto-ack never accidentally impacts a friendly..? I'd expect manned ack to be governed by killshooter.

Otherwise, I have to remind Floob, be careful not to pack the brown suitcase before you travel  :cool:
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »

Perhaps someone can explain to me the mechanism by which base auto-ack never accidentally impacts a friendly..?

It happens rarely, but it does.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 11:44:48 AM »
I agree with Jo,

remove all manned guns / puffy or otherwise.   People might up and defend if they had to.  Vulching doesn't happen in AH anymore so it is safe for them to be removed. 

Look at it this way if there wasn't any auto puffy ack we would have no reason to complain about how randomly accurate it is.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:47:57 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 11:47:17 AM »

What?  You mean like the Babyboomer's who blew all their cash on land yachts & cocain, and now want to rob X & Y to fund their retirement?  Stones & Glass houses and all... ya know.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 11:50:22 AM »

It happens rarely, but it does.

But the same cannot be said for auto-puffy, correct?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »
But the same cannot be said for auto-puffy, correct?

'Friendly' auto puffy can actually be quite deadly at times. I lost a number of fighters, including several Me 262, to it.
It just happens less than it used to be, because auto puffy stops firing on your target once you get to D1000 or closer.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 12:08:18 PM »
From a gameplay PoV the manned guns really hurt gameplay.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »
lol  :neener:
Why  :neener: ?

I kill more ack then it kills me  :aok (Still think there shouldn't be any manned acks)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"