Author Topic: My "This game has become junk" rant.  (Read 18433 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
Re: My "This game has become junk" rant.
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2015, 10:59:16 AM »
Sooo what... you get chased and killed boohoo  :cry 
In your mind its wrong for someone to chase you down and kill you but it's ok for you to come over pick from the high heaven's and then run and cry on 200 about how someone else is ruining the game..... how bout STFU.  :ahand   
This game is NOT a 1 on 1 duel arena game... so go to the dueling arena if you want that kind of fight. What ruins the game its trolls like you that want a high score and whine when someone kills them, I believe you need to take scoring out of the game so butt hurt pilot's stop complaining. We make a contest out of killing the most 262's its a blast, sorry you don't have fun in this game because AH is the best game ever. If your red your dead if you dropped bombs on our main land you will die. This is war all is fair. This is only a game, play it or don't play it, stop all the whining because that's what is truly ruins a game. As we are irritating to you so are the lone guys that wait in the heavens to pick off mission's they are irritating to Us. (that includes you)

You act as if running to the ack is a bad thing, but its a way to profile to see if their a good pilot or not, a good pilot will avoid the ack... a crappy pilot will run right through the ack .. there are many ways to play the game. The pigs are just a group of friends that get together on Tuesday night to enjoy the game and the friendship's that we have built over ten years. Whiners like you are ruining the game, NOT the people playing the game that are trying to have fun. if it's not fun for you find another game maybe you've been playing to long. This game is not junk it's the best game I have ever played that's why I have played 12 years. Maybe you should take up chess. :aok

lol wow, i wish you were joking. but, just like i said in my post, there will be many ardent defenders of the current hider/runner/ganger gameplay mentality. so be it. but when there are 30 total people playing, it wont be my fault.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2015, 11:02:13 AM »
I do not fly Zeros.  Point stands. <S>
yeah wantex flies the zero, i get you guys mixed up because of how similar your play is, in my opinion. the taunt salute is still alive and well from you though. you just did it again. lol

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2015, 11:18:41 AM »
Sorry, but this is a thread about nothin'... IN.

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2015, 11:58:45 AM »
So, for the cost of two meals at Mcdonalds I can play for a month? 

Sounds like a good deal for me...   :neener:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »
Ha! I'm still trying to figure out why the POW decided to re-rail the topic and make a personal vendetta on VuduVee.
Or did you guys even bother to read what the topic was about.
You guys aren't adding anything constructive to the conversation.   
You've simply started ganging VuduVee in here.
So let me ask you this. 
What is the defining difference in a Horde and a Mission?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2015, 12:48:03 PM »
none of what semp said, was my main point. what i said was, the same people who will run from a fair fight/1v1 instantly are the same ones who will gladly jump into a gangbang. i didnt run from a fair fight. i ran in a jet from a 6v1. 3 jets, a 51, a 38 and a tempy.

You got caught in knight land thinking you were impervious due to the virtues inherit in your ride. That is generally why lone players range out across the enemies back field in a 262. The can't touch this aspects of 262s. So you got touched in a massive way to let you know you could be touched. We flew our 262s into your ack to do it. The rest of the Pigs who showed up were supporting Waystin because he is Waystin. Tuesday nights are POTW squad night and knight land becomes Pigland. You chose the wrong night to get frisky with a 262 in Pigland.

The funniest thing about that night, we really had no clue who was flying your 262. Wasytin called a scramble and we killed an enemy 262 that violated Pigland airspace. My you have taken this to a new level of looky at me in the AH forums.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2015, 12:58:51 PM »
when 2 teams are dogging 1 team so bad that the 1 team literally has 20 or 30% of their own bases

3 Countries fighting each other, no limits on population (any more at least).  Good luck changing this one

when i see my teammates dogging 1 red, lets say 5 on 1,...

Conga lines provide some of ~the~ most opportune targets.  In you're complaint (if you're really gonna take it that far), you left out "Target Fixation" (TF).  TFers are lame beyond measure.  Barely a step above Suicide tards.  Anyway, personal choice is what you're dealing with, tactics be damned.  These guys are why the RL "Military" has command structure, rules, and consequences.  It's also why the Military has to "lure" a LOT of its population in, and why "tired of putting up with B.S." is one of the most widely used phrases heard in every branch of the military.

when people are chasing empty bombers or clearly rtb planes...

This one makes a whole lot of sense

bomb and bailers, to me, they are gaming the game.

Good observation.  Honestly, I can't BELIEVE we haven't heard inevitable "I pay to play MY way" whine in response to your complaints.  However, on Bomb-and-Bailers, you are spot on.  This IS a war game, right? Unfortunately, some people simply can't survive without relying on "the path of least resistance"... not in a game, and probably not in real life.  You, me, or Jesus will NEVER change them.  Only HiTech.  Good luck.

suicide defenders
  Ya?  What are you gonna do?

the runner comebacker
  This doesn't qualify as a "tactical" thing you find wrong with AH.  You don't like it, good enough.  I would offer you the choice of not chasing.

What about the "Shoot ME'er"... you know, the ever more popular tactic of getting someone on your 6, so you can pull wildly unrealistic maneuvers.  Fix?  SOMEWHAT REALISTIC VIEWS! FWIW, some pile-its actually do maneuvers that are clearly valid.  However, this is one where Lag-Bandits reign supreme.  Game-the-Game fits.

What about Stick Stirring?  Ok, as bad as this one is... I don't think allot of people realize what they're doing.  Watch a film or two from the cockpit of a bad guy chasing you while you're doing evasives... you're likely to see yourself doing it, although you thought you were not.  I WILL say, I think far to much stirring is allowed, and there IS and obvious, in place, waiting to be used, fix.  Fixing it would however, nerf some of the "greatest" hero's of this game entirely.  So, again.. Good luck.  Just sayin.

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2015, 01:33:58 PM »
You got caught in knight land thinking you were impervious due to the virtues inherit in your ride. That is generally why lone players range out across the enemies back field in a 262. The can't touch this aspects of 262s. So you got touched in a massive way to let you know you could be touched. We flew our 262s into your ack to do it. The rest of the Pigs who showed up were supporting Waystin because he is Waystin. Tuesday nights are POTW squad night and knight land becomes Pigland. You chose the wrong night to get frisky with a 262 in Pigland.

The funniest thing about that night, we really had no clue who was flying your 262. Wasytin called a scramble and we killed an enemy 262 that violated Pigland airspace. My you have taken this to a new level of looky at me in the AH forums.
first, i was not in your back field. it was at v64, a frontline base. second, semp is the person who turned this into a "looky at me" with his insults telling me how easy i am to kill. so go talk to him about it, not me. he didnt have to say anything to me did he? third, you just again admitted that you kill jets out of pure spite. harrass/spite playing.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »
3 Countries fighting each other, no limits on population (any more at least).  Good luck changing this one

Conga lines provide some of ~the~ most opportune targets.  In you're complaint (if you're really gonna take it that far), you left out "Target Fixation" (TF).  TFers are lame beyond measure.  Barely a step above Suicide tards.  Anyway, personal choice is what you're dealing with, tactics be damned.  These guys are why the RL "Military" has command structure, rules, and consequences.  It's also why the Military has to "lure" a LOT of its population in, and why "tired of putting up with B.S." is one of the most widely used phrases heard in every branch of the military.

This one makes a whole lot of sense

Good observation.  Honestly, I can't BELIEVE we haven't heard inevitable "I pay to play MY way" whine in response to your complaints.  However, on Bomb-and-Bailers, you are spot on.  This IS a war game, right? Unfortunately, some people simply can't survive without relying on "the path of least resistance"... not in a game, and probably not in real life.  You, me, or Jesus will NEVER change them.  Only HiTech.  Good luck.
  Ya?  What are you gonna do?
  This doesn't qualify as a "tactical" thing you find wrong with AH.  You don't like it, good enough.  I would offer you the choice of not chasing.

What about the "Shoot ME'er"... you know, the ever more popular tactic of getting someone on your 6, so you can pull wildly unrealistic maneuvers.  Fix?  SOMEWHAT REALISTIC VIEWS! FWIW, some pile-its actually do maneuvers that are clearly valid.  However, this is one where Lag-Bandits reign supreme.  Game-the-Game fits.

What about Stick Stirring?  Ok, as bad as this one is... I don't think allot of people realize what they're doing.  Watch a film or two from the cockpit of a bad guy chasing you while you're doing evasives... you're likely to see yourself doing it, although you thought you were not.  I WILL say, I think far to much stirring is allowed, and there IS and obvious, in place, waiting to be used, fix.  Fixing it would however, nerf some of the "greatest" hero's of this game entirely.  So, again.. Good luck.  Just sayin.

i rarely chase for more than about 30 seconds. if they dont want to fight in a fighting game, i turn away and drag em and trap em. then i chalk it up as another reason to stop playing.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2015, 01:47:18 PM »
Good grief, enough horse beating already. If the game and players are that disgusting to you, move on to something more palatable.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
Vudu, I avoid 200 a lot precisely because of people like you. You taunt and whine ad infinitum. If enemy players found out you were in a perk plane and decided to up en masse to get you, you probably invited it because of your conduct. Don't expect strategic behavior on the part of your adversaries when your conduct invites the opposite.
  :aok
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »
Good grief, enough horse beating already. If the game and players are that disgusting to you, move on to something more palatable.
max, thats the plan for me. like i said, i knew there would be ardent defenders of the gameplay i listed. its sad that people are told to move on, all because they want the game to live and others are hell bent on killing it. when there is practically no one on in primetime, dont blame me, i tried.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2015, 03:00:39 PM »
max, thats the plan for me. like i said, i knew there would be ardent defenders of the gameplay i listed. its sad that people are told to move on, all because they want the game to live and others are hell bent on killing it. when there is practically no one on in primetime, dont blame me, i tried.
I won't...

:bolt:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2015, 03:58:57 PM »
Its all about the plane you fly, the situation in which you fly that plane, and your goal when flying that plane.

I realize that gangs happen. I realize that sometimes hoards happen. It's all a part of war in these types of games. Especially war that is unorganized from all 3 sides.

Patience plays a big roll in this game.

Skill plays a big roll in this game.

Time (experience) plays a big roll in this game.

If you are getting ganged or horded every fight, you are either doing something wrong and/or you are flying the wrong plane for the situation. I'm not saying you have to fly easy mode planes to get kills but you should at least be aware that flying really slow planes (like the N1k2) are the biggest target for gangers. I think it makes the game very challenging and thats why I am still here playing it today.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2015, 04:10:45 PM »
I love how half the squad shows up to defend the others here on the board. They are starting to sound/look like 49ers  :devil