Author Topic: My "This game has become junk" rant.  (Read 18407 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: My "This game has become junk" rant.
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2015, 05:50:55 PM »
and this is why 2 arenas is a good idea.  it lets the mindless social conglomerates flock to the largest numbers and lets the rest of us play in another.  some loved titanic tuesday others hated it.  they put us in one sand box and half left. hmm.  :headscratch:

edit: and looking back this was one of ht's first great blunders/over reactions.  the problem was people did not like getting locked out at noon eastern/europe prime time.  he could have unlocked the two arenas and let them be but that was never tried.  ultimately the second arena was dropped all together and players have precipitated ever since.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:02:24 PM by NatCigg »

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2015, 06:03:42 PM »
and this is why 2 arenas is a good idea.  it lets the mindless social conglomerates flock to the largest numbers and lets the rest of us play in another.  some loved titanic tuesday others hated it. they put us in one sand box and half left. hmm.  :headscratch:

No, they put us in one sandbox BECAUSE half the players left. There just wasn't enough players to support two arenas. Now it is getting to the point were there isn't enough to support a single arena. I really feel for our brothers across the sea.  :(

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2015, 06:15:38 PM »
We got put back in one arena when the numbers dropped due to the economic down turn in 2007-8. We got two arenas before that when the community at 500-700 players a night turned into a vile cesspool.

I guess Hitech simply lied to us to cover up experimenting with two arenas for awhile. Then everyone got mad at Hitech and left while the economy has always been at 6% unemployment since 2009. I guess 94 million Americans decided to leap into the ocean and remove themselves from the face of the earth in 2009 when many families in America had to tighten their belts and cut back on discretionary spending. Wonder how many of that 94 million played our game in 2006?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
I love how half the squad shows up to defend the others here on the board. They are starting to sound/look like 49ers  :devil
I like how you talk this big ole high and mighty crap then try to call out arguably the largest squad left in the game like it's going to help the community...

Take your C list talent else where guy.

To address Voodu, you could not be more wrong about POTW...yes we are a large group. We, understanding that the player base is less these days, call on 200 when we up in mass at a field....begging for a fight. Do members of POTW HO, Gang, Vulch, ect ect? Absolutely because it happens right back to us just as much as we lay it out...it is inevitable in the way the game is set up that it will happen...been here almost 10 years...been the same stuff.

After the holidays I'm going to become a Marshall of Aces High...I'm hunting Fugitive  :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
i rarely chase for more than about 30 seconds. if they dont want to fight in a fighting game, i turn away and drag em and trap em. then i chalk it up as another reason to stop playing.

so they chased you for 20 or 30 minutes because you didnt want to fight in a fighting game.  wasnt that you rant?

seriously dude.  we dont target you because honestly you arent that important.  and even if we were to target you we wouldnt know where you are to begin with unless you happen to kill one of us or we happen to kill you.

but we arent gonna go out of our way just to make you feel miserable.  that would give you too much power.  if you want to feel miserable then do it on your own.

what is funny about people who quit that game is that they always seem to blame everybody else.  they never see their own shortcomings.  and they always seem to come here to the bb to justify to themselves the reasons they quit.

and most break our hearts as they always tried to make the game better but they failed because we didnt help them, so they must go.  been hearing this same excuse since I joined 8 or 9 years ago.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
We got put back in one arena when the numbers dropped due to the economic down turn in 2007-8. We got two arenas before that when the community at 500-700 players a night turned into a vile cesspool.

I guess Hitech simply lied to us to cover up experimenting with two arenas for awhile. Then everyone got mad at Hitech and left while the economy has always been at 6% unemployment since 2009. I guess 94 million Americans decided to leap into the ocean and remove themselves from the face of the earth in 2009 when many families in America had to tighten their belts and cut back on discretionary spending. Wonder how many of that 94 million played our game in 2006?

07-08 was when i and many others got here. the first fuss was people being locked from joining their squads, (waiting for blue to populate 'wink,wink'.)  i never once saw a complaint about to few people being in a arena.  when we were put in one box with 500 the tired of this silly gangbang / the point of this thread / the complaint of fighter jock pick squads / was the norm.  I know, i was a blue arena player / ive been here since april 07.  i saw the radar fiasco, i saw the white flag rebellion, i flew at noon every weekday and lived the complaints. 

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2015, 06:40:06 PM »
I like how you talk this big ole high and mighty crap then try to call out arguably the largest squad left in the game like it's going to help the community...

Take your C list talent else where guy.

To address Voodu, you could not be more wrong about POTW...yes we are a large group. We, understanding that the player base is less these days, call on 200 when we up in mass at a field....begging for a fight. Do members of POTW HO, Gang, Vulch, ect ect? Absolutely because it happens right back to us just as much as we lay it out...it is inevitable in the way the game is set up that it will happen...been here almost 10 years...been the same stuff.

After the holidays I'm going to become a Marshall of Aces High...I'm hunting Fugitive  :aok

LOL!!! and another squadmate jumps in! and joins the general harassment of other players ex. "I'm hunting Fugitive"

Lets see, the Bops had one of the biggest squads, the V guys did too, then it was the 49ers. Do you guys feel the need to slip into the vacuum all these others squads have left when they disappeared?

Seems to me if your squad is so big it could have an influence on game play as well as general player attitudes. Are you guys going to be good for the game or not? Just asking.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2015, 07:11:15 PM »
LOL!!! and another squadmate jumps in! and joins the general harassment of other players ex. "I'm hunting Fugitive"

Lets see, the Bops had one of the biggest squads, the V guys did too, then it was the 49ers. Do you guys feel the need to slip into the vacuum all these others squads have left when they disappeared?

Seems to me if your squad is so big it could have an influence on game play as well as general player attitudes. Are you guys going to be good for the game or not? Just asking.
Nope we have been here the whole time, wrecking those guys and having fun. Seems some people are jealous of our size.. :uhoh
our playstyle hasnt changed in years, now people are just looking for reasons to complain. Complaining has become the defacto culture around here if us Pigs focus one guy then just think about all the other people that can go and hide in the ack unmolested
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:13:46 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2015, 07:12:34 PM »

didnt you used to belong to one of the biggest squads at one time?  what happened?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2015, 07:13:36 PM »
I love how half the squad shows up to defend the others here on the board. They are starting to sound/look like 49ers  :devil

They sound and look like friends to me.  That's what friends do...and that squad is pretty damn tight.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »

Harrasment??? Are you serious. the POTW have always been good for gameplay even before I joined this squad I've always been a lot of fun.  And what we do as a squad is really none of your business in the first place now is it.  Vuduvee is just butthurt because he lost a 262 plain and simple who freaking cares I've lost quite a few of them just kill shoot myself on the runway lol.

Fugitive as far as you're concerned you're just here to stir the pot while sitting on your high horse.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2015, 07:18:50 PM »
They sound and look like friends to me.  That's what friends do...and that squad is pretty damn tight.

Just like the Muppets are real tight when you fly with people for years and you know them personally and help them through personal tragedies you become a tight knit group....
Hey we join squads and become Muppets with pigs wings lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »
the POTW have always been good for gameplay

I agree with this.  Waystin is one of AH's best people.  Bustr needs his meds regularly, but he's a fair opponent.  This is the wrong squad to try to trash.

- oldman

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2015, 09:12:23 PM »
so they chased you for 20 or 30 minutes because you didnt want to fight in a fighting game.  wasnt that you rant?

seriously dude.  we dont target you because honestly you arent that important.  and even if we were to target you we wouldnt know where you are to begin with unless you happen to kill one of us or we happen to kill you.

but we arent gonna go out of our way just to make you feel miserable.  that would give you too much power.  if you want to feel miserable then do it on your own.

what is funny about people who quit that game is that they always seem to blame everybody else.  they never see their own shortcomings.  and they always seem to come here to the bb to justify to themselves the reasons they quit.

and most break our hearts as they always tried to make the game better but they failed because we didnt help them, so they must go.  been hearing this same excuse since I joined 8 or 9 years ago.

semp

I think you're mostly right here, semp, but I'd add one thing I noticed myself. I have a tendency to take every death, especially if it's from the same handle more than once, like some kind of vendetta. And I saw it that way until the first time I did the same thing to someone else. Then I realized, hey, it just ain't that personal.

Otherwise, yes, a little maturity would help with this problem as would, my point, an ability to see it from the other side.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2015, 09:43:33 PM »
What really burns my butt, I've been paying and playing for the last 15 yrs.
It's a good game but it's some the players that make it such a miserable experience.
Some of the Pigs have become nothing more than a bunch of arrogant, snot nosed three year old bullies. What do you do when your not in the game? Steal wheelchairs from handicap people and brag how tough you are. Or do you give each other points for it?
Nobody really cares how big and bad you think you are in this game.
Nobody can even have a discussion in the forum without one of the Pigs bulling his way to highjack it and thump his little chest. If you couldn't join the conversation, you should have at least been man enough to have the maturity to keep your mouth shut.
This thread had nothing to do with who shot who.

Its one thing to get mad and be a sore loser.
But it's worse when you become a sorry winner.