Author Topic: Patch 87  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Patch 87
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »
New version up!

Someone get a light on that thing!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: Patch 87
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
down load fine.

consistent long freeze when pressing t to talk. after a long freeze my name shows up for the length of my transmission but no sound.

p-47 engine sound is invariable.

spit 9 engine sound varies with wep only.

:salute

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »
1. Update To 87-OK
2. VOX-Not working right.  Mic is staying keyed after released and I can hear myself echo about 3 times.
3. Clipboard appears to remember my settings.

Coogan
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:20:36 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:48:45 PM »
Download ok, VOX works in mission arena. Name hangs on for a bit after transmission playback. And some sounds are derped for now I guess.

Air spawn function now works when setting that object on a terrain and setting "y" higher than the terrain. Thank you.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »
AutoUpdater updated from 86 to 87 w\o issue..............

All arenas open up w\o issue.......................

VOX now working in all arenas....................... ...
Note: I noticed that the quicker you speak once VOX is triggered the quicker your voice plays back....
The longer you hold the channel button before you actually speak the longer it takes for your voice to play back after the channel beeps.............

I like the new engine start up & idle sound of my SpitIX..............

Hadn't gotten around to flying yet but will get there soon.......................

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:03:01 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 06:09:10 PM »
Updated fine.

Logged into Missions Arena, joined mission in progress. Discoed.

Restarted AH3 Missions Arena unavailable, opened Captured the Flag arena worked fine. Vox tested ok.

Opened Missions arena, joined mission in progress. Discoed.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 06:32:31 PM »
Went up & flew around & all was working OK except......................

The new engine sound would throttle up w/ my throttle just fine & WEP would also throttle up when enabled & throttle back to 100% mil when disabled..........but the engine sound wouldn't throttle back down when throttle was pulled back................stayed at 100% throttle until I landed & hit the brakes........when I envoked the brakes the engine sound then returned to idle..........

Now while on the ground the engine sound synched w/ the throttle just fine........

All other items, tach, airspeed, etc worked as expected from throttle positioning......just the engine sound did not stay synched w/ the throttle while in flight...............

This was while flying the Spit IX.....................

Will take up other planes & test.......................

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 06:37:49 PM »
down load fine.

{snip}

p-47 engine sound is invariable.

Plane engine sounds ramp up nicely but, they do not mirror throttle movements at all after that.  The only time the engine revs decline after a certain speed on the runway (almost stopped).  Then the engine sound ramps down nicely (but like stated before, has no connection to the throttle position).

Went up & flew around & all was working OK except......................

The new engine sound would throttle up w/ my throttle just fine & WEP would also throttle up when enabled & throttle back to 100% mil when disabled..........but the engine sound wouldn't throttle back down when throttle was pulled back................stayed at 100% throttle until I landed & hit the brakes........when I envoked the brakes the engine sound then returned to idle..........

Now while on the ground the engine sound synched w/ the throttle just fine........

All other items, tach, airspeed, etc worked as expected from throttle positioning......just the engine sound did not stay synched w/ the throttle while in flight...............

This was while flying the Spit IX.....................

Will take up other planes & test.......................

Engine does sound VERY cool  :rock  It has a more surround sound effect.... is that the new sound system or the audio file?

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 06:47:48 PM »
Update:

Tested sound again in Spit IX again...................

While on ground engine sound synched to throttle just fine..........

Throttled up & took off using full mil power (100%throttle).

Once wheels left runway & raised gear I pulled back on throttle.......all responded except the engine sound (stayed at 100% mil sound level)...............

There seems to be an issue w/ the new sound system staying synched to the joystick settings file for some reason allowing other stick settings to interfere.................... ..

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »
Plane engine sounds ramp up nicely but, they do not mirror throttle movements at all after that.  The only time the engine revs decline after a certain speed on the runway (almost stopped).  Then the engine sound ramps down nicely (but like stated before, has no connection to the throttle position).

Engine does sound VERY cool  :rock  It has a more surround sound effect.... is that the new sound system or the audio file?

I'd say it's the new sound system instead of an audio file change........that would explain the sound synching issues to the game settings.....................

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
Object Editor

I know, it's not related to the patch testing. :D

When I create a tile with 45 speed tree objects and 107 other objects, I can not change the properties for the speed tree objects. That suggests they're clutter only, is that as it's supposed to be?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »
In the TE, notice the yellow spot in the terrain TE screen shot.

I set the ground to 10 feet elevation and then go back and set a spot for -500. Then go back and reset the elevation for 10 feet and see the yellow spot.

To fix it, I reset the elevations to -10 feet and repainted the water in that area, and then follow that with +10 feet to make it match the surrounding area.

In the 2nd jpg I could barely see the yellow so I repainted to better highlite it. Two different terrains, same outcome.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 10:24:16 PM »
Excellent audio update! Nice development app too!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 12:07:57 AM »
The bug that Engine sound muted.
https://youtu.be/Xngcoz9mwnY[size=78%][/size]
Film Viewer terrain alt error.

---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 01:03:12 AM »
VOX works in GS4 arena now (and the others).

Spit IX engine sound ramps up with throttle, but once in air it stays at full power no matter what the throttle setting.  It only ramps back down on landing.  Also, Preferences/Game Sounds/Master Volume has no effect on engine sound.

Spawning SE from large fields on beta3 no longer instantly crashes plane.

Flying low to the deck in beta3 terrain crashes my computer very often.  I'll test further to see if a particular tree or bush or ground clutter is the problem.

Selecting a different terrain or arena without restarting the program still crashes the program.

The new brightness is not growing on me.  In fact, kind of the opposite.  I'd like to change my vote to StndShape 1.4, Terrain 1.2, Trees 1.0.  (My display is a TN LCD and was semi-calibrated at one point for brightness/contrast and color.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:10:13 AM by 715 »