Author Topic: Patch 87  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
Re: Patch 87
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
I was looking at the Yak external and noticed 4 things.

Went to F3 mode, clicked F5, clicked F8, then used the hat switch to rotate the view, then hit the zoom button, and maybe F3 again.  I wasn't trying to do anything in particular other than get a good view angle.

When I used the arrows to rotate around the plane I noticed 4 strange things.  I was unable to repeat.

1) A small black box moves through the screen as I rotate the image around the plane.
2) There is a brown bar on the right side of the screen.
3) There's a tool tip looking box with the text "Open the carrier task force navigation menu." in the lower right part of the screen.
4) You can see faded text in the top right of the screen.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »
You've used zoom.
That's the CB's shadow on the ground. The edge of the CB is on the right and your cursor is over something over the CB off the zoomed screen giving you the tool tip.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2015, 10:01:46 AM »
Easy your CTD sounds like the same thing 715 is having. I know both your machines are very sensitive to any invalid Direct X calls bugs.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2015, 10:24:31 AM »
Thanks for letting me know. I thought I'd bombed my machine again.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2015, 10:29:02 AM »
Thanks for letting me know. I thought I'd bombed my machine again.

Can you try your same test with a different terr set?

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2015, 10:40:07 AM »
The Broom Snakeweed clutter item in beta3 terrain crashes my computer.  (Or at least I think it's that clutter item, but it's definitely a clutter not a tree or bush.)

Found the bug, is one of those I scratch my head and think, how did this even work at all.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »
One thing I forgot, while I was on the road, you'd supplied D3DCompiler_43.dll for my Acer machine without a video card. I've transferred that to my desktop machine now but I'm the family chauffeur to the doctor this morning so I can't do any real testing until late this afternoon.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2015, 11:01:22 AM »
I switched from the eto set to the pac set but no difference. About 5 miles out, over water, it crashes.

You understand that all my other terrains still work and it's ONLY when I place A1 at 2640,2640 that it crashes. I can still build and run terrains so long as I don't place a base there so I'm not stopped with that.

Time for me to run, later.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »
I switched from the eto set to the pac set but no difference. About 5 miles out, over water, it crashes.

You understand that all my other terrains still work and it's ONLY when I place A1 at 2640,2640 that it crashes. I can still build and run terrains so long as I don't place a base there so I'm not stopped with that.

Time for me to run, later.

Duplicated the issue.

HiTech

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2015, 08:55:46 AM »
Yellow CV and after Yellow clipboad.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2015, 12:36:56 AM »
Update:

My custom objects are invisible in both the TE and OE but now that I've moved A1 from 2640,2640, when I reinstall the last versions of them in the texsrc folder, they show in-game.

That could still mean that my textures or flags are porked but I won't know at least until the next patch, because there's too many possible combinations that might be throwing me in the dirt. My bridge should definitely show in both TE/OE since I used a set of textures I exported from an htc shape, and flags that I copied and pasted.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2015, 12:49:28 AM »
While I'm here, here is a screen shot of some of the things I'm dealing with.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2015, 02:14:14 AM »
Howdy,

I've got a brand new ASUS X555UB laptop with i7 6500U 8GB DDR3 and NVIDIA 940M for a 15.6" screen running (choke) W10 (though I'm using Black Viper's services disable suggestions) and since my CH gear has been in storage for a long time I decided to try flying with a mouse.  Interesting . . .

(Any suggestions on optimum video set up would be appreciated.)

Download, install - okay

I flew offline.

I didn't know what video settings to use but now am at 1280/720, max tex at 512

I turned off shadows because they were big fuzzy rasters.

Glass looks good. Reflections good.

Main problem is that I do not have any aileron or elevator control with my generic mouse. I've gone through mapping and calibration a few time with no joy.

I had to remap keys A,S,D to the rudder since they were mapped to something with gunnery, and sorry I didn't pay attention to what function.

I checked all keyboard keys and for a handful I had to "Fix Key" which worked as advertised.

I left the Auto Mode box unchecked, but I did map a shortcut for Mode 1.

I tried " Shift, ; " and ";" and I used my shortcut for Mode 1, with the other keys, and I held down any and all mouse buttons but no aileron or elevator.

Another big problem is that when I spawn on the runway, the HUD circular caret (?) is always pointing N, and the plane always flies to it. Not sure if I clicked something to make it do that, but so far I have no idea how to unlock the plane from the circular caret.

So, I have gone ahead and spawned N, cycled the X, Alt X and have managed to get airborne, on a rail, directly N.

The mouse wheel operates the throttle okay, and gear, flap, guns, RPM and views keys all seem to work okay. Just no ailerons or rudders.

Funny, but while flying the rail due N, if I push A or D for rudder, I get max rudder AND aileron deflection, and if I'm going fast enough the plane rolls around the due N axis. If I push the S key the plane settles down again to due N.

What is really funny is that in the roll, while looking forward from the cockpit, the plane rolls "around" the pilot, who stays oriented to level flight. But if I use any view keys to look in any other direction the pilot view is correctly oriented with the plane.

I was flying the three P38s. I noticed on the J and L that in the KP1 and KP3 views aft there seemed to be a problem with missing "glass reflection" which I could see via a prominent difference in appearance which followed a diagonal. On the G the appearance was different and seem correct.

I'm gonna get a economical stick for the time being and try again.

I like the improvements.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2015, 04:08:51 AM »
OldSport,

There is a new mouse system in place.  You may want to visit this thread:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,373547.0.html

Welcome to the alpha Patch 65.  This was built and released on July 16, 2015.

Test goals:
------------------
This version is for testing the mouse system.

It uses a different settings folder so it will start up in default modes. {snip}

Please do not remap any keys for testing this version.

The keys you need to now are
     H and Shift H     Hold mouse look and Toggle mouse look
     ; and Shift ;      Hold Direct mouse control (also right mouse button) and Toggle direct mouse control.

Please try do most of your flying NOT using direct mouse control, but rather the green circle/commander mode.

Think of the green circle as simply a cursor where you want to go, including when you are taxiing.

The options you can play with are the mouse direction and sensitivity.
For command mode the options are set in
   Options/Preferences/View Mode.

For Direct flight mode they are set in the Map Controllers / advanced system.

I believe this implementation is what we will go with, except for a few possible tweaks.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2015, 06:05:27 AM »
Howdy,

I've got a brand new ASUS X555UB laptop with i7 6500U 8GB DDR3 and NVIDIA 940M for a 15.6" screen running (choke) W10 (though I'm using Black Viper's services disable suggestions) and since my CH gear has been in storage for a long time I decided to try flying with a mouse.  Interesting . . .

(Any suggestions on optimum video set up would be appreciated.)

Download, install - okay

I flew offline.

I didn't know what video settings to use but now am at 1280/720, max tex at 512...

On a 2048 clipboard map, you won't be able to read the sector numbers and may not see all the sector lines. At a minimum, I'd set the textures to 1024 and the field of view to 106. The alpha also depends on shaders, 3.0 common on nvidia cards iirc. You'll want to change that field of view in the first splash screen to 106 degrees and 1024 textures if you're a previous old time player. They changed it to 80 to match other games.

Oh, and of course, break out that CH gear!

Welcome back!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:10:00 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001