Author Topic: Patch 87  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
Re: Patch 87
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2015, 07:53:10 AM »
You've used zoom.
That's the CB's shadow on the ground. The edge of the CB is on the right and your cursor is over something over the CB off the zoomed screen giving you the tool tip.

What is "CB"?
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »
"CB" is Clip Board

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2015, 09:34:42 AM »
While I'm here, here is a screen shot of some of the things I'm dealing with.

Thats not having stencil alpha enabled.

HiTech

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2015, 12:20:30 PM »
You've used zoom.
That's the CB's shadow on the ground. The edge of the CB is on the right and your cursor is over something over the CB off the zoomed screen giving you the tool tip.

Yes sir.  You are correct.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »
Thats not having stencil alpha enabled.

HiTech

That's true, you're right. But when I did that, the front two stencils hid the stencils on the backside of the tower and blocked the vision of other objects, ie. the airfield's hangers wouldn't be seen behind the stencils. I expect to re-enable stencil alpha at some point, I just don't know when it will be time to turn them back on. It's a huge problem at the top of the tower where four stencils (one stencils for each side of two polys) running North-South are crossed at their centers by four more stencils running East-West with end caps at all four corners. Another jpg.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:06:36 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2015, 05:22:19 PM »
In all 20 terrain types in the eto set, I've placed mpr0's and in each case, it doesn't pick up the terrain texture from below. Same for placing it on an airfield. It looks like it's trying to pick up a texture from the ground of a town. See the cobbled street painted over the front half. The maproom object in the TE does the same thing
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2015, 02:59:13 PM »
TE

When setting spawn points, the octogon is missing. Perhaps when the spawn is rotated, it could snap to the appropriate compass points.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2015, 08:18:39 PM »
I'd like to thank the team for their incredible work thus far. I'm looking forward to contributing as much as I possibly can from here on out

I have had a strange issue with the clipboard and am having a hard time trying to duplicate exactly what causes it. When first loading the game I'm able to relocate and adjust the size of the clipboard normally as well as zoom on map, but when in flight and manipulating the head views/zoom control via my hat/throttle controls I've had the clipboard appear as if I've enlarged its size to fill half the screen and am unable to relocate or change it size other than bringing it up and putting it away.

I have no accidental key/button bindings that control the clipboard. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this? I'll do some further investigation tonight.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:21:03 PM by Stratocaster »
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2015, 02:48:37 PM »
Try unzoom to see the clipboard controls.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »
I flew the Yak 7, Yak 3, Typhoon, and Spit XVI offline recently.  I took it up to 7k-8k, shot at the drones, and landed.

During the Yak 7 ride I caught a pair of B24 engines on fire.  I attached a screen shot of the burning B-24.  Not sure if that is the burning effect you wanted. 

During the Yak 3 ride I noticed the engine is variable.  The manifold pressure is operated by the throttle slider but does not control the RPM’s as normal.  The throttle sound will go up or down if you manually adjust the RPM’s.  I tried remapping the slider on the stick but no joy.  Also during this ride I collided with a B-24 and it damaged my engine.  The damage message reported a failed engine, manifold and rpm’s dropped to 0, and the engine noise quit but I noticed no physical damage to the prop.

In the Typhoon, there was no audible indication when WEP was engaged.  You could see the boost jump (not by much) but no greater engine sound.  When you spawn from the hanger at A1 the engine gets damaged immediately.  I did see a damaged prop.

The Spit XVI ride was uneventful.  You could hear when WEP is engaged but the bump is much greater than the Typhoon WEP.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2015, 07:30:25 AM »
Shrike is correct about the engine sounds when using the rpm adjustments, however even this does not work in certain instances when the manifold pressure stays high.   Good catch Shrike.  :aok

By the way when the engine sound is variable it sounds amazing.  :rock

On several occasions, enemy AI continue to fly and maneuver when such control surfaces were missing (almost acting like drones in this manner, but for not as long, or circular flight path).

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »
I forgot to mention when I was flying the Yak7 and looking out the side window the oil streak looked kind of strange.  I also had a pilot wound too.  I could not see out the front windscreen.  It made for a challenging landing :).  See Yak7OilStrek ss.

On the other hand, the Temp oil streak looked really cool.  I noticed there is not cockpit art in the Tempest.  Maybe there never was so it's just an observation.  I had a damaged engine in flight on this one and there was not visible damage to the prop.  There was also a busted aileron which showed missing.  The rudder was damaged too but it was not missing, however, there was no deflection with rudder inputs.  The left elevator was also out.  Like the rudder the control surface was present but no deflection for inputs.

I flew the Tu-2's for awhile with nothing to report.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2015, 01:26:05 PM »
A20-G
In AH2, the enemy icons disappear with some views but it's fixed in the Alpha. However, when I use zoom in the Alpha version, my point of view drops to the top of the instrument panel instead of moving to the gunsight.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »
A20-G
In AH2, the enemy icons disappear with some views but it's fixed in the Alpha. However, when I use zoom in the Alpha version, my point of view drops to the top of the instrument panel instead of moving to the gunsight.

The default view is tilted down for the instrument panel. You can reset it with Home and F10 to zoom in with the gunsight centered.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2015, 02:10:13 PM »
I flew the TBM across the map at dusk and into the evening.  The cockpit art is amazing.  Nice work whoever worked on the TBM!

The attached screen shot shows what the inside of the canopy looks like night.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95