Author Topic: vulching turns to harassment  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: vulching turns to harassment
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2016, 02:35:21 AM »
What's with the guys who've been playing 10 years with four stars doing nothing but HOing?

It's a reflection of the modern need for instant gratification. 

Unfortunately, some of the absolute ~B E S T~ HO's in the game, are also some of the most "respected" for their cartoon abilities.  I don't get it, but then I've never had a lot of respect for those who choose the easy way... or the lame.

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2016, 02:42:03 AM »
People who arent vets here wont understand this concept because 99% of flight combat games are structured towards arcade style action. With that said MajWoody is correct in his statement. If a player does not like to be vulched simply do not up from that base or man a gun.

You have to consider the time and effort that is put into vulching. From De-acking to maintaining the advantage and everything in between. Vulching is something earned by the player/players vulching and can be overcome. Not foul play here.

can de-ak a small airfield in about 30(2 people) sec to a minute(1 person) and.. lob a shell 2k out and hit a plane on the runway if i so desired.. nothing is "Effort" here.. its all easy that is why so many do it only airfield that poses a threat is large

never the less the OP's point is quite a good one.. and when you wonder why we have no new players hanging around and dropping arena numbers.. its not rocket science

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2016, 08:00:32 PM »
Vulching is evil , HOing is ghay   sometimes it is fun to be evil.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2016, 01:30:52 PM »
Shooting chutes is prohibited in Loose Deuce, the only exception would be allowed is if enemy jump out of a fully functioning plane over town to hide in HQ to kill troops.
On one hand, leaving them hanging in the chute means they aren't re-upping :)

In FSO, it's encouraged.  It's against the rules to hang in the chute...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2016, 07:33:09 PM »
wondering just exactly how many that have posted in this thread have read Brooke's "Good Game Etiquette" write up from back in the day?.......

maybe Brooke might post it, or someone else who has it archived........

hey everyone.... cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2016, 07:59:58 PM »
Hi ya TC  :salute
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2016, 06:28:13 PM »
Scott will you just let the grown up talk please  :bolt:

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2016, 08:24:45 PM »
Scott will you just let the grown up talk please  :bolt:
was waiting for the grown ups but they never showed up  :bhead
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Molten

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2016, 06:28:53 PM »
I always thought that Aces High was a WWll simulation. You think a WWll pilot would pass up the opportunity to kill a plane on the ground? I'd say they would have been happy to get the kill while taking a plane out while on the ground. So goes it with this game. Even though it's frustrating to get vulched, it's part of the simulation of real war. For those of you complaining that vulching is frustrating for those poor newer pilots who are getting killed, therefore we should all stop doing it, what else do you want to eliminate that is frustrating? Go play the "Care Bears" game on PC if you want something non-frustrating.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2016, 07:31:42 PM »
I always thought that Aces High was a WWll simulation.

* looks at hook *

* swims away *

- oldman

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2016, 06:49:14 AM »
Go play the "Care Bears" game on PC if you want something non-frustrating.

is it available in all good retailers?   What age range would you recommend it for?  Looking for something less stressful than AH.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2016, 11:00:49 AM »
 getting vulched is 100% the uppers fault,anyone who crys about it should consider upping from a uncapped field

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2016, 11:09:13 AM »
  It's a reflection of the modern need for instant gratification. 

Unfortunately, some of the absolute ~B E S T~ HO's in the game, are also some of the most "respected" for their cartoon abilities.  I don't get it, but then I've never had a lot of respect for those who choose the easy way... or the lame.

I am one of the best hoer in the game.  nobody respects me.  who should I complain to?

and by the way, there's only 1 rule in the game and that is that all red planes must be killed.  I'll do anything to bring the red con down, I'll ho it if I have to, vulch it, rocket vulch it, bomb it, heck sometimes I'll even ram him if it is needed.  and I expect to be treated the same.

those that play by a "code of honor" are just full of themselves.  there's no honor in killing a con that you know is not very good at the game.  and yet you do it all the time.

at least I am not a hypocrite.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2016, 11:15:24 AM »
I always thought that Aces High was a WWll simulation. You think a WWll pilot would pass up the opportunity to kill a plane on the ground? I'd say they would have been happy to get the kill while taking a plane out while on the ground. So goes it with this game. Even though it's frustrating to get vulched, it's part of the simulation of real war. For those of you complaining that vulching is frustrating for those poor newer pilots who are getting killed, therefore we should all stop doing it, what else do you want to eliminate that is frustrating? Go play the "Care Bears" game on PC if you want something non-frustrating.

:aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2016, 05:48:16 PM »
I always thought that Aces High was a WWll simulation.

You thought incorrectly.  AH is a game that allows you to recreate aerial and ground combat using WW2 planes and vehicles and in no way tries to recreate or simulate WW2. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song