Author Topic: vulching turns to harassment  (Read 7135 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: vulching turns to harassment
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 09:31:44 PM »
Personally, there have been many of times where I fly solo under 8k to an enemy base with no other response then 88's. At which point I will proceed to deack. If your the poor sob that ups afterwards, I will vulch you.

Why?

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2016, 09:33:52 PM »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2016, 09:36:57 PM »
Exactly

Well that I can get.  If you two are the only ones around, c'mon, let him up and make it fun. 

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2016, 09:44:42 PM »
How do you know if the one in the plane is the one that was just in the manned gun you took out?  if he won't up even with his ack up why would he after he doesn't?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:10:30 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2016, 09:55:21 PM »
On second thought I'll just shut up and let the grown ups talk
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2016, 10:17:54 PM »
Heck, i have brought a single TU2 to hostile fields at 3k and circled the base, only response was the ole wirb-queen brigade and 88's. Furthermore, I have nothing against people in 88's, although I do not particularly like wirbs, "I think they ought to be regulated to ports and Vbases without spawns, but as I stated earlier if I up solo and proceed to a enemy base and nothing substantial ups after 5 minutes I will deack it. With that being said, if i deack a base, "My main AC is not exactly the best deacker either" If I have enought fuel or ammo, I will go for the vulch.

Chuikov

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2016, 10:20:52 PM »
Vulching is a gift from the gods.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2016, 10:34:06 PM »

Shooting someone in a parachute is totally fun!  :t :rock :x
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2016, 10:48:45 PM »
Never shot a chute before, and I don't vulch landing planes.

Chuikov

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2016, 11:46:49 PM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2016, 04:47:53 AM »
If chutes weren't meant to be shot at, they wouldn't explode when you hit them.  Shooting chutes is another way to practice your gunnery skills, those little meat bags hanging in the chute are small targets, takes a good aim to hit them.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2016, 05:24:39 AM »
If chutes weren't meant to be shot at, they wouldn't explode when you hit them.  Shooting chutes is another way to practice your gunnery skills, those little meat bags hanging in the chute are small targets, takes a good aim to hit them.

heheeh Well said!
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2016, 05:44:29 AM »
Learn to fight not how to HO and vulch.
:salute

I see both sides of this. Vulching can be a valid tactic when trying to take a base. (And fun lol! Have you ever done it with the 40ENY yak7? Soooo many perks.... Especially when you get an air to air kill with the anti tank rocket! haha! :x ) People should up at another base if it bothers them. Butttt It sucks when you're vulched and you just want a good fight.  :bhead

I really hate HOing Hoers, Especially if I nose down hard to avoid it and you fill my cockpit with lead. Where's the fun in Hoing? I want a ten minute fight, not to wine about a HO on 200. What's with the guys who've been playing 10 years with four stars doing nothing but HOing? C'mon guys. Don't get me wrong, If I get HOed I'll HO back and get your wing, And when you cry about it on 200 I'll send you the film. I'll make sure your four star face is red with embarrassment. - true story.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
I up'ed from another field after I was forced to land gear-up on a vulched field (and survived).

I arrived just in time to see a bunch landing of the newly captured field, or in circuit doing it.
I Dropped my bomb on a buff set, and strafed 2 others in process of landing.

I wish I'd saved screenshots of those PM's I got  :D

Shooting chutes is prohibited in Loose Deuce, the only exception would be allowed is if enemy jump out of a fully functioning plane over town to hide in HQ to kill troops.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2016, 02:19:49 AM »
starting to do it? LOL they have always done it since I started in the game in 2005. the so called good pilots  vulche and horde just as much as the next guy. Only difference I see in the so called good sticks is they stay high in the horde and pick when a good opportunity presents itself.

I personally try to play by an honor code but I don't expect others to follow it.

All Im saying here is as this is a game of combat why not have combat instead of either avoiding it, or cutting any chance of it developing by vulching and HOing? It not a "code" of any sort, its just providing more opportunity for fighting. Thats all.

I see the problem getting worst as now more and more "vets" are doing this as you so mentioned. I have seen a lot of "vets" doing more and more of this lame play and they used to be the standard others followed. I probably have film of a dozen of them HOing vulch and picking from a horde. I only named violator because he brought it up that he was vulching last night and tied it to an "well in the war" comparison. At which point he got on his high horse defending his game play.

The leaders in this game need to lead toward good game play, not lame game play.
Tour 70 2005 to present