Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18365 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2015, 06:12:55 PM »
Backing out now eh?
LOL  :ahand bubba dont like it
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2015, 06:13:45 PM »
LOL  :ahand bubba dont like it

I'll take that as a yes.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2015, 06:31:23 PM »
I think people just need to understand that we are all different and it seems we will be unable to come to any sort of agreement on this issue.

For me, you guys that drop the HQ are like someone that farts in a nice restaurant.  There is no rule against it but the majority of people in the restaurant do not like to see it happen.

There are a few who will get a real giggle from the fart though.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »
I think people just need to understand that we are all different and it seems we will be unable to come to any sort of agreement on this issue.

For me, you guys that drop the HQ are like someone that farts in a nice restaurant.  There is no rule against it but the majority of people in the restaurant do not like to see it happen.

It's everyone's $14.95 and they can play how they want. The majority will always be against it so they shouldn't come in here bragging how they are "helping" the game. They need to get thicker skin or be prepared for the responses.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
It's everyone's $14.95 and they can play how they want. The majority will always be against it so they shouldn't come in here bragging how they are "helping" the game. They need to get thicker skin or be prepared for the responses.
get with your iron saints pals about trying to HQ grief bubba...

Bomb and bailing and bombing HQ fail :x just now

unlike you I do something about the issue... I resup my city and defend HQ :)
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2015, 06:45:10 PM »
wasn't talking to you princess emoticon. So did you still want my address? You seem to be avoiding that now.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2015, 06:46:54 PM »

I have faith that HiTech is going to fix this in the next version.  It is clearly pissing people off and he knows it.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2015, 06:50:34 PM »
Hitech probably keeps logs for the MA that give him trends of population min\max, login and logout. In the past from Hitech's answers to some issues, players leaving in numbers either by mass logoff or subscription cancelations caused him to act on specific issues. Complaints here in the forums would be a source for checking such events. Still, not all things we complained about here in the forums cause anything more than future complaints.

Hitech changing the rebuild time to 5min and 125,000lb of bombs can be considered he looked into the situation. But, he did not set the down time to 1min which would be the closest he could come to making it a worthless strat target. So 5min and 125,000lb is a compromise to both parties.

The City's health is still a multiplier to strat rebuild times. At 45% down the HQ takes about 40 minutes to rebuild when I looked at the knight City to see why the HQ didn't come back up after 5 minutes. So he left something for the bomber guys to still use as a goal. They pay $14.95 to him each month and Hitech left the ability to down the HQ in place, albeit modified.

Instead of trying to use a mob to threaten a small number of players who pay their bill on time with "our $14.95 is worth more than your $14.95". Reason with Hitech who is the ultimate power of arbitration. Wizz and the 49ers involved are just going to get their jollies pissing you off.

It sounds more like many in this post want Hitech to remove the HQ entirely while the wizzing match with Wizz and other HQ killers is cover. Along with trying to bully them with a manufactured right of the collective Hitech never sanctioned you to bully other customers with.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2015, 06:52:13 PM »

Honestly I think Dale (HiTech) Is going to have to do something with the HQ problem just make it indestructible, if you want to attack a base and capture that base then you have to take the radar down at that Base that you're going to capture it only makes sense.

It's going to come to a point to where people are just going to start voting with their wallets if they don't like how the HQ is going to get resolved they're just going to quit, I don't know it just seems like select people want to fly around without being seen and sneak their Bases or whatever, it's kind of ridiculous. Its a combat game and half the people don't want any combat.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2015, 07:00:42 PM »
get with your iron saints pals about trying to HQ grief bubba...

Bomb and bailing and bombing HQ fail :x just now

unlike you I do something about the issue... I resup my city and defend HQ :)

Have no idea who they are or why you're changing the topic. You have no idea who I am or how I play.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2015, 07:28:09 PM »
lets go there bubba

You must change :neener:

The only thing you can do is come find me and shoot me down unless your taking this personal bubba. In that case my address can be given via pm apon request if you would like to discuss this in person :rock
ok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »
Here is more proof that these clowns do this just to piss off the players.

In the hours they take to navigate and hit strats to drop the HQ they could split their group into smaller groups and hit multiple bases at once dropping town and VHs at a number of bases leaving them open to easy capture. How many buff groups do you need to carpet bomb the town? I always thought that a good spacing and the right drop timing could give you a white flag in one pass with 2 groups. Never tested it.

Do they do this? Heck no! First off, they might draw attention to themselves and heaven forbid a fight break out. Of course if a fight DID break out they would mostly be shot down as they have very little skill in fighting.

Instead of being the "scourge" of the game they could be the heros creating fights all over the map, but they choose.... well we all know what they choose. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:02:23 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2015, 08:35:54 PM »
Wow this thread has some virtuoso millaging goin on, I thought this subject was over when Hitech said he would manually adjust the HQ settings on map change, guess not. How about a poll: eliminate hq vs keep HQ. If the vote showed a clear majority, say 65% would ya'all stop bombing it or stop complaining about it being bombed? I personally think that in the present context HQ is just dumb but if a majority says keep it up as is I can live with it. My question to you mavens of HQ mayhem is: if 65% of players wanted you to desist would you or is what you want somehow more important than what the rest of us 14.95 voters want?
Pies not kicks.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2015, 08:58:44 PM »
It provides enough strategy to completely derail a lot of people. If I want an advantage such as not being able to be tracked the HQ must go! No matter what time of day. The argument mute.

Yes HQ needs to be better defended I agree with you there. add manned guns!

No, it provides a reason to piss off a lot of people and cause them to log off, there by making the game boring period. The only person who benefits from it is the HQ downer, and they don't do watermelon for the rest of the team.

One person going base to base in bombers does very little to the overall win the war strategy. Deal with it. This is a teamwork game.

The only time you should kill HQ is when your team is about to win the war and you kill HQ so you can take the last base quickly when the other team has no idea which base you will attack.
Doing this when you still have 40 bases to capture really adds nothing to the strategic aspect, there is no group effort, no team work, and it adds no fun for any team. It really doesn't. My experience of 10 years proves my argument time and time again. It does absolutely nothing for any team but cause players to get bored and quit.

You seem to miss the overall picture and instead are selfish toward your useless "strategy" of downing the HQ. There are much more effective "strategies" to deploy that would be more beneficial with your time, team, and win the war strategy.

If you want to go under the radar, go NOE, No one will see you then... in fact go roll a base that no one is even at away from the main action and you will enjoy all the bombing you can imagine.

I honestly just do not get you people sometimes.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2015, 09:06:46 PM »
No, it provides a reason to piss off a lot of people and cause them to log off, there by making the game boring period. The only person who benefits from it is the HQ downer, and they don't do watermelon for the rest of the team.

One person going base to base in bombers does very little to the overall win the war strategy. Deal with it. This is a teamwork game.

The only time you should kill HQ is when your team is about to win the war and you kill HQ so you can take the last base quickly when the other team has no idea which base you will attack.
Doing this when you still have 40 bases to capture really adds nothing to the strategic aspect, there is no group effort, no team work, and it adds no fun for any team. It really doesn't. My experience of 10 years proves my argument time and time again. It does absolutely nothing for any team but cause players to get bored and quit.

You seem to miss the overall picture and instead are selfish toward your useless "strategy" of downing the HQ. There are much more effective "strategies" to deploy that would be more beneficial with your time, team, and win the war strategy.

If you want to go under the radar, go NOE, No one will see you then... in fact go roll a base that no one is even at away from the main action and you will enjoy all the bombing you can imagine.

I honestly just do not get you people sometimes.

I think we have been punk'd.  Wizz is trolling us at an epic level.    We need to stop feeding him.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -