Author Topic: A solution for ENY - could apply to perks too  (Read 1877 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: A solution for ENY - could apply to perks too
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 05:48:07 PM »
I'll pay 100 bucks a month if that would guarantee me my p51 every day whenever I want it  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 06:09:51 PM »
I'll pay 100 bucks a month if that would guarantee me my p51 every day whenever I want it  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:.

semp

The Germans would have, too.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 11:57:20 PM »
Why? Are you saying that just because there are fewer than 100 player, and one side grossly outnumbers one or both of the other sides, that one side should still fly their runstangs and other runaway planes? That idea just further insures the LACK of fights. It is frankly a ridiculous idea that could only be thought up by someone who doesn't want to fight, just wants to get "kills". There isn't a font big enough to represent the -1 I give that idea....

How about you reverse your thinking for a minute.  I like to fight in my Mustang and the speed it has enables me to chase other players down.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 03:59:02 AM »
I rarely see mustang fliers do anything but come in fast, and if they get engaged, they "extend" as THEY like to call it. That, IMHO, is not a fight, but just looking for a killl. There's nothing that you can't do in a Bravo Pony that you can't do in a Delta, and you can fight as well in a 109 G-14 as in a K-4. You are stuck on one form of fighting in one plane, and you want to force your will on the rest.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
I rarely see mustang fliers do anything but come in fast, and if they get engaged, they "extend" as THEY like to call it. That, IMHO, is not a fight, but just looking for a killl. There's nothing that you can't do in a Bravo Pony that you can't do in a Delta, and you can fight as well in a 109 G-14 as in a K-4. You are stuck on one form of fighting in one plane, and you want to force your will on the rest.

Well ge golly coppr, with a side switch rule of 6 hours no one will be willing to switch sides, thus causing uneven teams. Change it to 2 hours and more people would be comfortable about switching without being deemed as spies.

I dont really care so much about the eny rule like the others do.

What I care about are furballs and fighter action on, bomber interceprions, and having areas with full size dar bars full of all sorts of action.

With less than 100 players. Eny doesn't really help any team. Would you rather more players log off because they cannot fight in their favorite plane to even the teams that way? Or would you rather encourage side switching and smaller zones for people to play in so there is more action?

Regardless, with less than 100 players, the team with the less players isn't going to even notice whether the other team has an ENY cap or not, thus its not really effective or makes that big of difference anyway.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »
Well ge golly coppr, with a side switch rule of 6 hours no one will be willing to switch sides, thus causing uneven teams. Change it to 2 hours and more people would be comfortable about switching without being deemed as spies.

I dont really care so much about the eny rule like the others do.

What I care about are furballs and fighter action on, bomber interceprions, and having areas with full size dar bars full of all sorts of action.

With less than 100 players. Eny doesn't really help any team. Would you rather more players log off because they cannot fight in their favorite plane to even the teams that way? Or would you rather encourage side switching and smaller zones for people to play in so there is more action?

Regardless, with less than 100 players, the team with the less players isn't going to even notice whether the other team has an ENY cap or not, thus its not really effective or makes that big of difference anyway.
Well, gee golly, Violator, I'm sorry that you want to do just one thing, and in your"favorite plane", but can't due to your side being incredibly larger than the others.Your choice, one way or the other, and because you CHOSE it, LIVE with it. If you intentionally hit your toe with a hammer, DON'T expect anyone to feel sorry for you, you did it on purpose, of your own free will. This thread is just another whine by those who want their way and to force it one HTC and the other player, who accept the game as it is.
The only thing you can change is yourself.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
Well, gee golly, Violator, I'm sorry that you want to do just one thing, and in your"favorite plane", but can't due to your side being incredibly larger than the others.Your choice, one way or the other, and because you CHOSE it, LIVE with it. If you intentionally hit your toe with a hammer, DON'T expect anyone to feel sorry for you, you did it on purpose, of your own free will. This thread is just another whine by those who want their way and to force it one HTC and the other player, who accept the game as it is.
The only thing you can change is yourself.

This isn't my problem copper. I flew a P40N last tour the whole time just for the hell of it. I enjoy the fighter action to the game. I just want to see more action and more players in the game so that the Combat is always assessable.

I didn't participate in the off hours as much but I can provide reason to why they are having such a slow down in the off hours and how that is effecting action in the MA, which is the most popular arena.  I'm sure Hitech is aware, and I too am tired of seeing these threads. But I will post my longstanding opinions because I understand fairly well how the MA opperates after flying in it for 9 years. I hope that Hitech can find solutions that make the game play more actionable during all times of the day, i'm just here to offer my regards for whatever they are worth.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2016, 11:56:02 AM »
eny is a mostly good thing. it forces you to play fair. if we had no eny, we would see the runners and squads of jets avoiding combat more than they already do. take a challenge for once.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2016, 12:23:14 PM »
Hitech has found solutions to it, you just don't agree with it, plain and simple. You can keep beating your head against a wall that is a very correct solution, or you can change. The wall isn't going anywhere, and rightly so. Actually, IMHO, when sides get to be lopsided, the high ENY planes should just be removed from play entirely.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:25:12 PM by Copprhed »

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »
Hitech has found solutions to it, you just don't agree with it, plain and simple. You can keep beating your head against a wall that is a very correct solution, or you can change. The wall isn't going anywhere, and rightly so. Actually, IMHO, when sides get to be lopsided, the high ENY planes should just be removed from play entirely.

Statistically speaking this wall of solutions of you speak of has not been successful in the past 8-10 months. It doesn't take a blind man to realize that certain inactions with the MA operations have driven quite a few people away, while the off hours has grosely shrunk away. I understand that there has been much effort going into the new model and I hope some things are contemplated about the structure. Coppr you just cannot see the other side of the argument that players are struggling with in the off hours and quite frankly i don't think you are seeing the bigger picture. This is not a players decision based issue, its about MA operations correlating with # of players in the arena to increase the level of combat between players.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:08:36 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 01:37:38 PM »
Gee, off hours...when many who play the game are sleeping? You want what you want, like a petulant child, who won't stop pitching a tantrum until they get what they want. I remember a certain group who pitched fits about the 12 hour rule, until they got PNGed...how did that work out for them? Why don't people realize that reality is what it is, not what they think it should be to suit just them?

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 02:08:30 PM »
Gee, off hours...when many who play the game are sleeping? You want what you want, like a petulant child, who won't stop pitching a tantrum until they get what they want. I remember a certain group who pitched fits about the 12 hour rule, until they got PNGed...how did that work out for them? Why don't people realize that reality is what it is, not what they think it should be to suit just them?

It's called the eastern side of the world that is awake. Pretty big market over there too.

Why is it so hard to agree that having a smaller front during hours where a less # of players are playing would make the game more fun and most likely attract more players?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 02:33:30 PM »
Whilst I was flying tonight I had time to think about the ENY issue and people not getting the ride they want.

And you'll endure exactly what HTC say's you will, and like it buster! :uhoh
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2016, 03:54:28 PM »
The pay to make me better is why I do not play the other so called games.

I am a long time AH player and would leave should this game ever fall to that level.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)