Author Topic: Resupply of Towns in the MA.  (Read 4989 times)

Offline tunes

• Copper Member
Resupply of Towns in the MA.
« on: January 02, 2016, 02:06:15 AM »
I would like to open the discussion of discontinuing the practice of resupplying a town with supplies.

Look at the economy of scale here.

To take down a town takes two heavies and one to two
town de-acker's. Then to finish you need troops.

That's in the air to attack with four to five Pilots. Town Down for 35 mins.
The pressure is on time wise for a small squad to take a base.

However to defend this attack. Three supplies and the town is well on its way to being up.
So instead of defending the town with Aircraft or GV's and fight.
Just out supply your attacker and he is defeated.

This is not Combat. It's logistics.

I ask that a conversation begin on eliminating the town resupply rule.
LCA Squadron

Realize Your Potential www.lcasquadron.org

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Resupply of Towns in the MA.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 02:18:56 AM »
Thing is, if you hit the City Strat hard enough, you'll increase the down time for a town to around 2 hours if I recall correctly (0% City I believe).  If you want the town to stay down longer/require more supplies to resup, then consider hitting the enemy's City strat prior.  The other option if you don't wish to do that (which MOST folks don't), is to knock out the connecting VH's a couple of minutes before hitting your target base.  If one or more of the connecting VH's are a Vbase, then just hit the barracks.  If anything, it's easier to hit the barracks at a Vbase than to knock out the hangers anyways.  A lone pilot can do it in one pass.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 03:54:24 AM »
I've seen this happen on all sides, Rook, Bishop and Knight. It is exactly the way it was designed, and frankly, can't be pulled off without at least SOME defensive fighting. It works just as it's intended.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 06:22:48 AM »
Have to agree with copprhed & volron on this one. If your playing to win the war everything must depend on good strat attack strategy. I understand the amount of time a good strat run takes but what a difference it can make.

I mean no offense by saying this but I have to state the obvious here. If downtimes are 30 minutes different strategies are needed for a capture such as surprise and effect. Most of the time 3 or more friendlies on a base take can almost guarantee it will be defended or resupplied especially with dar down.

Coordinating a precision attack where base is dropped, porked, and town wf/deacked leaves no room for error either. We cant as a community change a good system because it is difficult. Experiment new tactics and see what works and what doesnt. Maybe a City/AAA run to start an offensive might help for starters.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »
Exactly, Wizz! Yesterday, the Bishops were attacking one of our bases, in an organized, LARGE raid. They had a great plan, but the Knights rallied,and fought like HELL to keep the base, which we did, and then turned around and rolled 3 or 4 of the Bishop bases in retaliation. That was some of the most fun I've had ingame in a while. The knight defense and counter-attack was truly inspired.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 10:52:33 AM »
Supplies to town and field guns takes away from the p2p experience.  Flat out lame.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 10:55:55 AM »
How about taking out the supply chain to prevent guys from spawning in with supplies? Take down the troops at bases with spawns to the town?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 11:02:41 AM »
I'd like to see ALL object resupplying done away with.

No matter how you slice it, it takes players out of the real fight.

It's boring as hell too.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
If I'm outnumbered 5+ to 1, then yeah I won't try upping a plane to become fodder for the horde. Tactics, strategy and coordination of forces should be the norm, not hordes who only know smash-and-grab...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »
I like the resupply option the way it is.  As long as you have strats that can be damaged, the counter-balance of resupplying levels the playing field.
"One-Eye"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 12:20:16 PM »
I'd like to see ALL object resupplying done away with.

No matter how you slice it, it takes players out of the real fight.

It's boring as hell too.
"Supplies to town and field guns takes away from the p2p experience.  Flat out lame." From Lazerr
The fight is for bases and to win the map, 1v1 is secondary, while the all out fight, air to air, GV to GV and air to GV is the primary part of the game. Those who want to just furball must understand that it is no longer, for a VERY LONG TIME, the primary interest of the vast majority of the player base, and they need to get a grip on it. These constant whiners that air to air combat is  becoming less need to look for where the fights are, and take part in them.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 12:22:35 PM »
once again, the game is fine. the players need to change if they dont like it.
this looks like another way to kill an aspect of my game and im not a fan. dont want them to resupply? go kill their troops. that is a strategic target that involves dive bombing, which i love. cant dive bomb? hit me up, ill show you how.    thats not fighting, not combat huh? ok well, when you go and kill troops at an airbase or the vh there, almost every time, youre going to have to fight your way out. trust me, the pure defender ack hiders will slobber themselves to get your half plane and youll have to fight your way out. and its a big rush when you get your targets and smack those guys down and make it home.

Offline tunes

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 01:09:48 PM »
Hello, tunes here ...

I can see we all have opinions on this part of the. Pardon the expression. "Game Play" of
AHII.

As pointed out. There are checks and balances to the town resupply issue.
Maybe totally getting rid of the town resupply issue is to far of a corrective move.

What came along with the town re-sup was all the dot commands. To be able to check on all objects down and when they will come up. I find them useful but cumbersome to use.

The playability in AHII use to be a Captain and a handful of second lieutenants.

Now we have Squad level G2 to check on planning. Not that this is a bad thing.
But it leads directly to how many Pilots for how long to take a base. To have fun.

I thank everyone for their input. Also in keeping the discourse civil.

Mine was a late night post when I have a rule of not. And playing the cards I have been dealt.

I ask for any more comments to be positive and productive towards increasing the Fun Factor.
Making the MA Attractive to all.

Skuzzy can Lock this post at his desecration.

See you all in the air. tunes

LCA Squadron

Realize Your Potential www.lcasquadron.org

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
"Supplies to town and field guns takes away from the p2p experience.  Flat out lame." From Lazerr
The fight is for bases and to win the map, 1v1 is secondary, while the all out fight, air to air, GV to GV and air to GV is the primary part of the game. Those who want to just furball must understand that it is no longer, for a VERY LONG TIME, the primary interest of the vast majority of the player base, and they need to get a grip on it. These constant whiners that air to air combat is  becoming less need to look for where the fights are, and take part in them.

No whining here. I think resupply runs are boring, so i don't make them. I only run vehicle supplies with the storch, because I think it's fun.

I never said anything about not being able to find fights. I never have that problem.

Less guys on boring object resupply runs means an even better fight, whether it be on the ground or in the air.

I get that it's "part of the game" but do you actually enjoy making resupply runs to the strats, fields, and towns?
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »
I enjoy defending a town and keeping the bishops or rooks from capturing it, whether it's in a plane a GV or an m3 running sups. I enjoy dogfighting, and if I don't get enough, I get a couple of friends and go to the DA where I can dogfight to my heart's content. In the Ma, I do what is needed to win a map, or keep someone else from winning it. That's is the purpose of the MA, as dogfighting is the purpose of the DA.