Author Topic: frame rate of 15 what up?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
frame rate of 15 what up?
« on: January 14, 2016, 05:31:34 PM »
it a high end brand new pc

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: frame rate of 15 what up?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »
Dxdiag?   
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 07:07:07 PM »
What video card do you have in it?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 07:17:41 PM »
Since you had 15 FPS, I will guess that you have at least the minimum requirement of 1 GB of dedicated video RAM. 

So, don't panic!  You have tons of options.  First thing I would try to do is to turn the environmental map slider to none.

Next you can move top two graphic detail sliders to the left (no pun intended).

You can adjust the max texture size down from whatever it is.  4096 is the highest definition down to 256 or 512 as the lowest.

Also, the screen resolution can help gain FPS.  This will have to do according to the size of your viewing monitor.

* After that you can panic, but only because you will not see the very cool cockpit effects if you turn off post processing, but as I just learned, probably most GVers will be doing that anyhow to avoid the blinding flash when in the scope.

** Even then, only seriously panic if you are unable to upgrade video cards.  But back to the obvious, please post your dxdiag.txt as an attachment (helps to take some of the guess work away).

Puller,
Windows has a built in hardware id system.  Go to run command and type dxdiag.exe (should do the trick- if not let us know).  There will be a button at the bottom that allows you to save the results as a txt file, that you could post here but more helpful to HTC if you also post it in the sticky thread above.

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 10:43:24 PM »
dx

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 11:27:48 PM »
Here are some comparisons of video cards. the 740 comes in two versions, 2G GDDR5 and 2G DDR3. My old video card an HD6770 1G GDDR5 would run the game in 1024 mode between 30-60 FPS depending on what was going on. Did you try lowering the texture mode to see if your FPS increased?

Download GPU-Z and find out if your video card is the DDR3 version. Unless you have some other issue, I will bet your low FPS is due to the slow memory. GPU-Z is free.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Your video card:

GeForce GT 740
2G GDDR5 or DDR3
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width DDR3 - 28.8 Gbyte\sec.
Band Width GDDR5 - 80 Gbyte\sec.
Shader Processers - 384

First the card I did 18 months of alpha testing with and then my new card.

AMD HD6770
1G GDDR5
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width - 80 Gbyte\sec.
Shader Processers - 800

GeForce GTX 760
2G GDDR5
Data Paths - 256bit
Band Width - 192 Gbyte\sec.
Shader Processers - 1152

The minimum requirement video card to play the game in modes under 1024 textures that we have been told since last year by Hitech and Skuzzy.

Geforce GTX 9800
512Mb GDDR3
Data Paths - 256
Band Width - 70.4 Gbyte\sec.
Shader Processers - 128
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 05:42:39 AM »
don't feel bad I downloaded the beta and with all the graphics turned down the fr I could get was a 2. I guess once they go to AH 3 I wont be able to play until I can get a way better pc. In Ah2 I have a fr of 59 constant with all the graphics on!!!! As Arnold says " I'll be back"!!!! :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 05:56:05 AM »
The NVidia 740 video card is a medium to low end video card.  You will need to disable many of the graphic detail options.  There is no way that card is going to run with all the graphics features enabled.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 06:25:51 AM »
I turned everything down in beta fr of 2 is the best I can get, Iknow I'm gonna have to get a better computer to handle it that's for sure
 :salute :salute :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 08:29:57 AM »
so what video card do i get?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 09:48:55 AM »
If you want to run with all the graphic options enabled.  The NVidia 970 would be the slowest card to consider.  Wait until some of the other players chime in with their experience before committing to that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »
I got a GTX 760 2G for Christmas. With the default graphics at 4096, I have smooth shadows, no tree flickering, FPS mostly at 58-60 when not in the tower or hangers. And when testing FPS in the center of the NDiles cloud bank, 42-55. I turned all the sliders up to full and took a 3-5 FPS hit across the board on HTC generated terrains.

It is a PCI-X 3.0 card running in a PCI-x 2.0 slot. Memory type and amount, data paths, band width, and number of shaders matters with GPU intensive games like AH3 has now become. Without the band width to push the results of shaders and other processing, and the memory type fast enough....2G does you no good when it comes to frame rates. This is the lesson I learned by being fortunate enough to have tested this game with two different video cards. It was a night and day experience.

GeForce GTX 760
2G GDDR5
Data Paths - 256bit
Band Width - 192 Gbyte\sec.
Shader Processers - 1152

My old card that I did the last 18 months of testing with would give me 30-60 FPS in only 1024 mode with blocky shadows, flickering trees and 20-40 FPS in clouds. When we tested the massive AI bomber missions I had to turn off post processing or my FPS dropped to 7 while attacking 60 bombers.

AMD HD6770
1G GDDR5
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width - 80 Gbyte\sec.
Shader Processers - 800

Your Card.

GeForce GT 740
2G GDDR5 or DDR3
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width DDR3 - 28.8 Gbyte\sec.
Band Width GDDR5 - 80 Gbyte\sec.
Shader Processers - 384
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 12:12:36 PM »
Will you (HTC) be doing any optimizations to the game? I have a GTX 980 (EVGA SC edition) and my frames drop considerably with everything turned up, which is quite disappointing considering the other games I can run maxed out @ 60 frames.

(This is not a rant, just an observation.. I really appreciate everything you're doing here  :salute)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:16:06 PM by Krupinski »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »
Krup,

Is this a tower with a graphics card in a PCI-X 3.0 slot, or are you still using a laptop for gaming?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »
Are you trying to run with full environmental mapping enabled?  It will take cause a frame rate hit, even with a 980 card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese