Author Topic: Beta 1  (Read 8325 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 1
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2016, 03:04:03 PM »
Never noticed that in the last 18 months. Yes, the icon is snuggled up against the drone no matter what size you change the font to. I tested from 18-30 and the relationship never changed.

Having been testing this for the last 18 months and this is the first time I ever had a reason to look. What is wrong with this?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2016, 03:38:02 PM »
Just got the beta installed and working. Have to have everything turned down/off. Reflections seem to be stubborn. Box checked to disable reflections, but every time up airplane reflections are there, have to uncheck then recheck box. This makes me wonder if everything else checked to disable is disabled, should I see a big change from the cockpit sitting on the runway if I check then uncheck boxes?

Pem,

Are you sure that you have turned the "ENVIRONMENTAL MAP" slider to NONE?

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2016, 03:55:56 PM »
The icons are covering the planes, thats the trouble. They are set at the smallest ( 10) setting. Can see the icon, hard to see the plane.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »
The Battleship is showing 8" guns instead of 16" guns.  Has the range and power been changed ? Have the guns been upgraded to the strength of the 16" and  showing that the ship is carring 8" just and over sight.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2016, 04:03:33 PM »
In the end we all chase the icon for it's range feed out while at about 400 that sniggled up icon isn't even an issue. Turn off icons in the Beta and see how that fairs for you...not well.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2016, 04:05:03 PM »
There is a resource up loader in the Beta folder.  It let me upload an ndisles staged mission I set up in the Alpha mission editor and reedited in the current Beta.  However, it does not show up in the staged missions when I set up a custom arena.  Custom arena does work.  No staged missions show up even if show missions for all terrains is checked.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
Updated no problem. Noticed the same thing 715 noticed about aircraft not being heard. 49Merlin was also there in a friendly wirbl, his engine sound was drowning out ALLother sounds and I could get the sounds adjusted down.

Went back in later and was flying at night, noticed any light reflection on the canopy scratches made it almost impossible to see the ground or any other object in that direction.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2016, 04:24:53 PM »
Waffle, any chance of getting the scratches toned down a smidgen. At night they pick up all light sources and almost fog out the plex.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2016, 05:07:43 PM »
While flying in the Melee tag GS4 arena I noticed that the cockpit shadows displayed across a wing were very jagged until the shadows transitioned across the wing hump over the Hispano cannon in towards the cockpit...there is an invisible line that shows up where once the shadows edges cross it the jaggies go completely away & are very clean & sharp.

Saw this across both wings on my Spitty Mk IX at the same exact place of reference.

Looks like there is something amiss in the transparent mapping that is saying apply AA on cockpit shadows up to a certain point across the wing area but no further..........

Cockpit shadows that are cast on objects inside the cockpit are jagged as well but not as severe.

Could hear planes passing outside my cockpit..............

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »
Gun sighs are hard to see, even with brightness set all the way to the brightess setting.
They also seem small. Have tried different ones .

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »
Image taken firing across the most in TT NDisles map. (image reduced from 4k)

The game is crashing on exit forcing a brute force remedy.

The water splash should not be occurring, because the impact area is the opposite bank of the moat.

I have AA turned off in NCP, and disabled in graphic details. Post Lighting disabled also in other words.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:23:35 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2016, 07:20:33 PM »
I second the scratches on the canopy. They are very hard to see through depending on sun angle. Could be toned down a bit.

Gotta say though, pretty impressive all around.

So far getting FR of 59-60 unless in ack / fire / smoke. I lose a few there. Down to 35 - 37 at times.

Not sure what FR will do in heavy furballs yet.

RTR
The Damned

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2016, 07:32:45 PM »
Gun sighs are hard to see, even with brightness set all the way to the brightess setting.
They also seem small. Have tried different ones .

What texture mode are you selecting, what FoV have you set for your monitor, What size monitor, and what kind of video card are you using.

Waffle has duplicated a real world problem with gunsights. The projector lens and barrel are picked up by the reflector plate and even the windscreen.  Daytime reticle from some gunsights were projected white. Reddish ones were night reticle. A few like the Russian, some AAF and the Common Wealth had yellow orange diffusers. Once clouds are enabled, you will run into another real world problem. You will loose them against clouds. A problem with the K14 family was chasing a con against a cloud and the white reticle blending in. You may have noticed you loose any color reticle against the sun and it's glare area.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2016, 07:36:29 PM »
I'm loving what this new version does for screen shots!

This is an 8k dynamic super resolution screenshot, which should be very playable sometime this year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2yxbmib9oz7j5x/8kScreenShotBest.jpg?dl=0
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2016, 08:34:53 PM »
Just now, 4 of us all had a CTD at the same exact time. We are all on Ventrilo so everyone reported the same thing. Kinda like a mass disco but no loss of TCP or anything, just CTD.

Got back in and same thing happened about a minute later. Trying a 3rd time now.

GS4 arena. Using field A27 Knights.

EDIT: 3rd try, same thing. Since it's squad night we went to AH II.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:37:25 PM by 68Raptor »
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers