Author Topic: CraterMA  (Read 11965 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: CraterMA
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2016, 04:02:42 PM »
I think this is more likely to be a problem with the large V field object, rather than the map. Does the same bunker on a different large V field have the same problem?

I reported this bug in Beta 2: "ammo bunker AMB001 at vehicle fields (CraterMA online) is not hittable or destroyable by shells.  All the rest are, as are all at other types of fields."  I sort of recall that I did test the same bunker at other vehicle fields and was unable to destroy or hit them with tank shells.

Correction: it is AMB002 at large vehicle fields, not AMB001.  (I could have sworn in Beta 2 it was 001, but it's definitely 002 in beta 4 so maybe I was in error before).  It's only large vehicle fields, not small.  All large vehicle fields on CraterMA show the bug.  I checked other terrains, but none seem to use the large vehicle field.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:02:22 PM by 715 »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2016, 06:42:03 PM »
CraterMA, Was shooting at Radar tower of A65, had about 9 hits form an M18/HE. In AHII the tower would have been down after the third shot.

Also noticed as an nme con approached the Bishop Radar Factory, the adjacent Vbase (V50) flashed, but the Factory did not.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »
It is possible many objects are mislabeled. Hitech found I think he reported, an ammo bunker mislabeled as clutter.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2016, 09:02:05 PM »
That would explain the radar tower.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Seighin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2016, 04:18:16 PM »
Two things I found.
1 cv fire remains after boat is sunk.
2 View from cockpit while flying. The horizon over a 30 degree arc when look level at the horizon is flat no fogging. Tilt your head up 20 degrees and it arcs again like normal with fogging. This seems to be a map specific issue. attached pics
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:30:01 PM by Seighin »
To be the best you have to fly with the best.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2016, 04:48:58 PM »
Two things I found.
1 cv fire remains after boat is sunk.
2 View from cockpit while flying. The horizon over a 30 degree arc when look level at the horizon is flat no fogging. Tilt your head up 20 degrees and it arcs again like normal with fogging. This seems to be a map specific issue. attached pics

Are you speaking of the canopy reflection being cut off?

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2016, 06:24:06 PM »
Looks like how the graphics engine is rendering the illusion of a bulged piece of clear plastic.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Seighin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »
Nope hitech...  Not a reflection cutoff... does this in 360 degrees.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:45:12 PM by Seighin »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2016, 01:48:23 PM »
Nope hitech...  Not a reflection cutoff... does this in 360 degrees.

Sorry but I do not see what your speaking about in the 2 screen shots. Can you edit it with an arrow to show me what you are looking at?

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2016, 01:59:10 PM »
Sorry but I do not see what your speaking about in the 2 screen shots. Can you edit it with an arrow to show me what you are looking at?

HiTech
I did notice a difference. In the ahss7 shot, the horizon looks normal between the wingtip and the canopy frame but in the ahss6 shot, that same area has a very sharp line for the horizon to the left of the HUD ladder.

I hope this helps
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »
I did notice a difference. In the ahss7 shot, the horizon looks normal between the wingtip and the canopy frame but in the ahss6 shot, that same area has a very sharp line for the horizon to the left of the HUD ladder.

I hope this helps

Yep Now I see what he is speaking of.

HiTech

Offline Seighin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2016, 12:03:20 PM »
 :)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2016, 04:25:43 AM »
I've uploaded a new version of CraterMA which can be accessed online as normal through the Melee tab. There is a problem with the terrain at the moment where the new fields I have added do not have the correct default countries assigned to them.

Changes in this version include:

Re-cleared the ends of runways and FOV of SBs of trees to match the latest terrain tiles.

Reduced the tree count near bases to help FPS.

Added a fourth port/CV per side.

Added chains of V bases running from TT over the crater rim including some of the new mini V bases. One of these mini bases per side is set at 11,000 ft in a snow-filled canyon on the top of the rim. I was a little concerned that tank engines would be affected by the altitude but if that is the case it does not seem to be a problem in the game.

Added an extra mini V base on each front line. These bases are set in the bottom of a bowl with six SPs ringing them on the rim. Anyone spawning at the base will likely come under fire from the hills around the base so two of the six SPs are from the base itself. So even if all the other SPs are enemy held the field can still be defended from two SPs. You can drive for a minute and be in a position to lob HE shells onto the map room.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 04:33:35 AM by Greebo »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2016, 02:06:58 PM »
When I first logged into the new CraterMA, the hanger offerings at all bases were red. Slowly they started turning to available. Right now the first GV base on the outside of the crater and the tiny one at the top still have all rides redded out. All other based are fine.

Greebo, I love what you have done with place. Who is your decorator....... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2016, 02:42:41 PM »
Some buildings to the SE of the center of tank town have over high foundations as do Quonset huts at center.  This house is floating:

29467,149,2450,-0.0,-5.0,23.0
craterma
FOV = 50.5

At 12:30 PM Pacific time these bases had nothing enabled in hanger: V136, v139, v142, v145, v148.