Author Topic: CraterMA  (Read 11361 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: CraterMA
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »
As Bustr said the Vbase a the top of the mountian, has all GV's and Manguns unavailable. Are we to have access to the 88's at the Flak bases? :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2016, 02:18:59 AM »
The problem with rides being unavailable is the same one as the fields originally being assigned to the wrong countries. When I uploaded the terrain the files that set the fields' correct country and ride settings were part of the package I sent. However for an MA terrain these files have to be applied manually at the host end by HTC and I didn't tell them to do this. So long as the field arrangement does not change between terrain versions this isn't a problem as the host just uses the previous files again. I'll mention this in the beta 11 bugs thread so HT can sort it out at his end and when he does the ride settings should work.

Each flak base has nine player-crewed 88 mm guns but the new mini V base has no player-crewed guns.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »
The ride availability for the new fields on CraterMA is fixed now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2016, 12:13:45 PM »
A48 Needs its vehiclez spawn point rotated south.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2016, 12:34:04 PM »
Guys weez is slacking off here if the chief cook, bottle washer, bring home the bacon and fryer upper, can do our bug hunting job on top of all that... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2016, 02:18:06 PM »
A48 Needs its vehiclez spawn point rotated south.

I've fixed the A48 SP and re-uploaded the terrain.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2016, 01:51:52 AM »
Uploaded a new version of the terrain. I have just fixed a few minor issues and deleted the test bomber spawn from A1.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2016, 04:30:35 PM »
Spawned in from V39 and took a M4 to Rook Radar Factory, it never flashed. Upped a Storch at the adjacent base and it still did not flash. While in the factory, the only guns shooting at me were the Tower guns. No ground based auto ack ever fired at me.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2016, 04:32:50 PM »
You can kill your own factory right now, too; and the guns. But it's still just beta.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2016, 04:38:49 PM »
Has the factory bug been reported in the beta thread?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2016, 04:56:06 PM »
You can kill your own factory right now, too; and the guns. But it's still just beta.

I would assume protect structures (host setting) is off so you can destroy your own stuff.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2016, 01:31:48 AM »
Does the map design control things like the horizon? Or is that a game setting that is universal to all terrains? Reason I ask is that the horizon on your map looks funky. It looks like a wall, very straight edge. It only get worse when at high alt also, as the terrain behind that line you can still see. Almost like a horizontal split screen kind of way. Its not me, as just about everyone I asked had same effect. Just curious as to how this could be fixed.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2016, 01:47:44 AM »
The only things any MA terrain designer can do is shape the terrain and coastlines, apply textures to the terrain, add clouds and place the allowed objects (airfields, fleets, strat, SPs, SBs etc.) into it. I know of no way of affecting how the horizon appears in the game. It is possible this is another host-settable effect, that's the only reason I can think of one terrain differing from another.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2016, 11:05:25 AM »
Would fog settings affect that?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »
Would fog settings affect that?

Yes I believe I have the distance set at about max in the CraterMA online.

HiTech