Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 2
« on: January 21, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »
New version up!

Fix it!  Fix it NOW!

Please keep all issues for this release in this thread.  Thank you!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Beta 2
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:08:01 PM »
Auto updated no problems.

FW190D9 still missing turn coordinating ball under gunsight.

On arena exit clipboard showing arenas is smaller, quitting to first clipboard menu restores size.

Offline 68hobo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »
Could not Down Load patch2. I had to Down Load Full Version.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »
My download stopped with 1% remaining and was stuck for over an hour before I closed it out.  It was during download.  Never got to install.

Will try again tonight when I get home.

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:51:05 PM »
I just uninstalled the Alpha based Beta a couple of hours ago...

The game started fine, but when I answered "yes" to if I'd like to get the new version Windows announced that the program hadn't worked as should. The same happened with the previous update, too. However the update itself ran flawlessly. Apparently Windows (7) doesn't like the way the update shuts the main program down.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »
I still would like to see a little more separation between the airplane and the icon. I have tried a different range of settings, none are satisfactory. Thank you.
I have a 24" monitor and there is no problem with this on AH II.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 02:32:52 PM »
I still would like to see a little more separation between the airplane and the icon. I have tried a different range of settings, none are satisfactory. Thank you.
I have a 24" monitor and there is no problem with this on AH II.

I agree, I just keep forgetting to do it. I also don't like how the icons look, but is not a simple  issue to fix.

HiTech

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 02:37:35 PM »
Thank you hitech.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 02:40:35 PM »
updated and installed fine, have one question...should a Spit 8 be able to easily kill a Panzer or a Wirble? They sure do...and by easy i mean on e quick pass....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 03:17:03 PM »
On Crater map in melee arena, the lighting takes on a green tint with the sun low in the sky.   The sun is still 1/4 of the way up, but the light seems dark and definitely green.   Flying through the clouds, it is green too.   Picture attached below.

Still the sound issue in the cockpit.   This time in the D11.   The back view makes the engine sound the loudest.  Louder than front view or any other.   The back/left and back/right views are similar to front view volume.   Holding the up view adds a weird vibration sound as well.   

Using the hat switch: move to left (or right) view and back to center changes the sound level, when it shouldn't change at all.   Doing this multiple times, like you would in a dogfight, will get very annoying.   It is like covering and uncovering your ears when you are being nagged, the volume keeps changing.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »
There seems to be no sound of the 16" guns loading. Other guns are ok.

Also the tank guns and some of the ships large guns fire a red smoke cloud. This is only seen in tanks if you are not in the gun position. Of course if you are going to fire the tank main gun, you would be inside looking at he target.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 04:10:40 PM »
4096 mode, vsync off for testing. GTX 760 2G, max FPS registered on NDilses offline 100FPS.

Offline NDisles.

Testing for FPS starting at A1 in a Yak3, flying to A22 auto level.

1. - Spawn NE, sitting runway 33FPS.
2. - Climb to 5k NE, at 2k FPS moves to 45FPS and holds to 5k.
3. - Turn for A22 auto level starting at 5k, FPS holds 45 dipping to 33 when looking at A1.
4. - Halfway mark to V2 FPS jumps to 75 then changes based on view direction and zoom 54-75. I reduced alt to 3k over A2.
5. - 3k level flight the rest of the way to A22, FPS moves up to 58-100 depending on direction of view or zoom.
6. - When close enough for drones to shift over A22, FPS drops to 45 and dips to 33 while over A22.
7. - Once past A22 at the shore line, forward 180 view arch FPS 55-75. Rearward 180 view arch FPS 33-45.

How many "New" to the beta players are testing from A1 at NDilses offline and getting proportional results like this based on the strength of their graphics card. Then exiting and coming into this forum upset might be a question. Had the same problem proportionally with my 6770 with A1 on most of the NDieles version for some time. 22-32 FPS was the norm with my 6770 in 1024 mode unless I disabled post processing. Once you move away from the large airfields over the water or an island with a single small of medium field, FPS goes up.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »
Updated fine. 

From the Department of "What Does it Matter?": ammo bunker AMB001 at vehicle fields (CraterMA online) is not hittable or destroyable by shells.  All the rest are, as are all at other types of fields.

From the "Only Slightly More Important" Department:  I still have the problem of sounds disappearing and reappearing, such as the tank track sound or the foliage crushing sound.

I also saw the green tint to the sky and clouds at a certain time in the morning.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 05:27:21 PM »
bustr, same here on great fluctions, however, my best RF has only been 64 and thats with a lot of things turned down.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 05:37:40 PM »
After the update mine goes straight to ahbeta.exe has stopped working when I launch the game.