Author Topic: Eny  (Read 11248 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Eny
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2016, 03:07:45 PM »
The most straw men I have seen for a while.

HiTech

Nothing straw about those observations.   :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »
im surprised there is an ENY argument at all.  looks like the ganger/ runner/ hiders cant freakin stand it. the ENY exists because people do not police themselves worth a crap. so HTC has to do it for them. if there werent an ENY it would be even worse than it is now with all the easy moders jumping to the high number/winning team, essentially, to avoid (pretend)combat at all costs.

A valid theory....

If true there would be data showing population migrations from teams with fewer to teams with more players. And that the rate of change would increase as a function of the diffrence in player numbers.
Then there would be data after ENY that shows that it corrects the situation by creating a negative rate of change of player growth as a funtion of population, resulting in more player number stability over time.

Does such data exist?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:13:10 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2016, 05:48:15 PM »
vinkman the point of eny is to stop one country from having 80(not sure of the actual percentage) percent of the players every day.  like it has happened in the past.

so less players will switch to the high side while at the same time to give an incentive for some to switch from the high side to the low side.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2016, 02:27:04 AM »
I am not a fan of ENY.  I understand why it is there, I am not convinced it works as intended and I am still not a fan :)

I agree that as a community the player base is incapable of policing itself.  Most are here for their own gains and don't really care about whether the other guy is having fun or not.

• If they are runners they will find a plane to run in - ENY or not.  I have seen slow planes run from slower planes.  ENY will not affect that.  It is their $15
  • If they are buff pilots and prone to avoid conflict they will still milk run and bail.  ENY will not affect that - It is their $15
  • If they are GV drivers they will still look to spawn camp where possible.  If they cannot spawn camp they will try to get a high value tank and sit on tarmac to tower at the first sign of trouble.  ENY will not affect that. - It is their $15
  • ENY exists to encourage players to level the sides by joining the low side.  It does not work.  In fact, I change sides a lot to go to the low pop side and I get regular abuse about being a spy. - Hey, it is their $15

My belief is that despite the good intentions it actually does little in terms of game play.

ENY, however, is not killing this game.  The player base is!  We would do well to put more effort into that than worry about ENY.  But you know the biggest stumbling block to that is........yep. it is their $15.

People care about themselves.  It is the way the world is sadly.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2016, 04:49:30 AM »
What Eny 40 plane can they run away from a fight in  ?

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2016, 07:52:44 AM »
The most straw men I have seen for a while.

HiTech

They never get near any kind of fire.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »
What Eny 40 plane can they run away from a fight in  ?
What I got from his statement is no matter the ENY, the run-from-a-fight player will run.  He will just not stick around as long and run sooner (purse swinging) if he's in a high eny plane.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »
What I got from his statement is no matter the ENY, the run-from-a-fight player will run.  He will just not stick around as long and run sooner (purse swinging) if he's in a high eny plane.

It's amazing how many people will run from any kind of alt disadvantage, even from a far inferior aircraft.  The same people will come back and try and pick you while you are fighting two of their friends. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2016, 02:14:27 PM »
It should be seen as an ideal opportunity to get seat time in some of the earlier war higher ENY rides.
You'd be surprised how much fun many of them are to fly, some are a challenge and it is challenging yourself which is rewarding.
It goes without saying that you'll learn more and faster if you are being challenged.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2016, 02:46:48 PM »
It goes without saying that you'll learn more and faster if you are being challenged.

Why do you always assume that the goal of every single player is to learn to be the bestest fastest?

It's amazing how many people will run from any kind of alt disadvantage, even from a far inferior aircraft.  The same people will come back and try and pick you while you are fighting two of their friends. 

Worse yet, it amazes me how many people will run from an alt equivalency.  I'd say well over half of the people I run into at 20k dive to the deck if you're even a couple thousand feet below them...  No comprende.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2016, 02:51:16 PM »
Why do you always assume that the goal of every single player is to learn to be the bestest fastest?

Wiley.

You did not notice "fun" in my post? It was placed before learning.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
You did not notice "fun" in my post? It was placed before learning.

Same thing applies, really.  You assume others' idea of fun is the same as yours.  I'd say the arena behavior blatantly shows most people don't find challenging themselves fun.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »
I'm challenging myself to have the most ho kills using rockets.  so far 3 .

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »
Oh Wiley, tell us what the others want.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2016, 04:08:49 PM »
Oh Wiley, tell us what the others want.

I don't have to, they show us every time we play.  You're the one on about how everybody should go about having fun.

Wiley.

JG11