Author Topic: Kudos to the J0kers  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Kudos to the J0kers
« on: January 27, 2016, 10:39:24 AM »
I just wanted to pass on appreciation for the J0kers. During a time when the numbers are so low the J0kers manage to help everyone find a good fight.  Even when they dont have a lot of numbers on or eny is not in their favor they stay focused and take bases (or attempt to).

Admittedly they shoot me down more than I do them...at least there is a good fight to be had!

Kudos to them.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
Re: Kudos to the J0kers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »
is this a joke? they are awful for the game. 77 and 64 vs 33 and they were hiding from combat doing noe missions on Tuesday and probably doing the same right now.  people logging off in droves because of it.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
Yep they can be sneaky.  They are base takers.  That is what they do.  They like any squad dont tend to announce when they are taking a base.  I have no problem finding them most of the time.  :rock

It also seems to be true that when a base becomes to hard to get they go elsewhere.  Still pretty easy to guess where they are going next.

I am in here for air combat.  If I wanted to site-see I'd play Microsoft Flight Sim.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:50:12 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »
Jokers Chokers are good snacks...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »
slade, you mustve gotten drunk at lunch today. you may come to AH to fight, but they dont. they do noe's on undefended bases vs the least amount of people as there possibly can be. there was 77 bish, 64 knits vs 33 rooks tuesday.  Jokers, Alchemists and G3-mf doing noe raids vs 33 rooks. pathetic!  i wouldnt call that promoting combat. i would call it game killing considering how many people logged off when they got on after work and seen that rooks were already so far behind and flustered that there is no use in staying logged in. basically what it amounts to is a small group of people manipulating the game of everyone else who have NO CHOICE in the matter because we have to work in the daytime.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »
Heck I love kill'n J0kers. Cool to get them all in one place.  More targets.

Too each his own VuduVee  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 12:53:08 PM »
I have had my fair share of time getting murdalized by J0ker and the boys when I flew Rook and Knight (and getting kills in here and there), and it can be frustrating fighting them, for sure.  But now as a Bish, I can say that they are a good bunch to play alongside with.  In a fight over a base, they communicate non-stop with everyone else, and are good team mates.  I think they get a bit of a bad rap.  As for doing NOE when it's 77 v 64 v 33, NOE is fun.  This is a game, after all.  They're playing the game in a way that is fun for them.  Would it suck to be on the other side?  Probably, if all you're after is a furball.  But we all play the game the way that's most fun for ourselves.  If the day ever comes when I'm forced to stay online and play the game the way someone else wants me to, that person better be prepared to pay my subscription.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »
lol... the Jokers got NOTHING on the the dumbf***ery of a couple other squads.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »
Whos the bigger looser, the loser who names his squad after himself or the loser who joins said squad.
See Rule #4

Offline salt101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 02:01:40 PM »
Whos the bigger looser, the loser who names his squad after himself or the loser who joins said squad.

lol
Salt,
The three most dangerous vehicles in AH are the C47, M3 and LVT

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »

:rofl :aok :rofl
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 02:17:49 PM »
Joker is my hero :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 02:23:01 PM »
Slade's describing a normal day in the MA back when 400 players a night was the average with 500-600 on weekends. A 300 player night worried people that the game was dying. And most missions were exactly what the Jokers did last night. And everyone whined it was killing the game. But, they were whining about an environment so target rich, just spraying around with a field gun during any NOE attack got a few kills.

The jokers ran NOE hoard missions with what looked like at least one squad playing furball diversion to sand bag the knights into ignoring their bases being stolen. Sucks to be a lone wolf on the receiving end of the hoard when you aren't used to that kind of game play anymore.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 02:59:27 PM »
I have had my fair share of time getting murdalized by J0ker and the boys when I flew Rook and Knight (and getting kills in here and there), and it can be frustrating fighting them, for sure.  But now as a Bish, I can say that they are a good bunch to play alongside with.  In a fight over a base, they communicate non-stop with everyone else, and are good team mates.  I think they get a bit of a bad rap.  As for doing NOE when it's 77 v 64 v 33, NOE is fun.  This is a game, after all.  They're playing the game in a way that is fun for them.  Would it suck to be on the other side?  Probably, if all you're after is a furball.  But we all play the game the way that's most fun for ourselves.  If the day ever comes when I'm forced to stay online and play the game the way someone else wants me to, that person better be prepared to pay my subscription.
"But we all play the game the way that's most fun for ourselves.  If the day ever comes when I'm forced to stay online and play the game the way someone else wants me to, that person better be prepared to pay my subscription."
and there we have it. a few players having fun. the rest getting on after work and seeing that its pretty much game over and they never even had a choice or a chance. and then logging off. then the next person sees the same thing and logs off. (this surely cant be good)

in my mind, theres no need to do noe's vs any team that has HALF the people and who is also fighting 2 teams. how great can you really be if thats your big win? the only challenge in that is not crashing into a tree.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »
Sunday I thought it was very effective for the Joker's to have someone in each country doing strategic bombing.

Sure hope they weren't communicating back and forth across country lines

And if you believe that I have some beach property in Arizona I would be willing to sell :x

AkCaine