Author Topic: review wep times, toughness values  (Read 6027 times)

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
Re: review wep times, toughness values
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2016, 01:20:16 AM »
Why is the A-20 much more durable that his similarly sized german and russian counterparts? Like the Me110 is made of paper, and the Tu2 will break down if the pilot silent farts!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »
Why is the A-20 much more durable that his similarly sized german and russian counterparts? Like the Me110 is made of paper, and the Tu2 will break down if the pilot silent farts!

And the same silent fart kills the ME410 6k away...
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »
A-20 should probably not be so much tougher than a B-24...   :noid

Oh, and Brewsters that don't have self-sealing fuel tanks and very little armor...   :noid

And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"...     :noid :noid :noid
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:24 PM »
A-20 should probably not be so much tougher than a B-24...   :noid

Oh, and Brewsters that don't have self-sealing fuel tanks and very little armor...   :noid

Been saying it for a while now...Brewster needs it's ENY lowered...same with Yak 3.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2016, 02:12:32 AM »
Been saying it for a while now...Brewster needs it's ENY lowered...same with Yak 3.
The Brew is a scrap feeder just like the ki43 zekes and FM2. The only way they can pose a threat to Late war planes is by arriving with lots of excess energy and jumping an un aware opponent, or by jumping into another's knife fight where a friendly LA7 has the enemy pinned down and forced into a knife fight.

A group of Brews or its like without the low ENY planes to assist them are not much of a threat.  No need to lower its ENY.

It does however, though not as bad as the yak3, seem to be able to take quite a bit of damage for a small plane with little to no armor.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2016, 02:21:09 AM »

The Brewster does not need its ENY to be lowered.  Those that think the Brewster is uber just don't know what they are talking about and really no nothing of the Finnish Brewster.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2016, 06:19:39 AM »
There is one general rule when it comes to the Brewster: If it kills you, you screwed up. Fighting in a Brewster means you are on the defensive 90% of the time. Unless the opponent is a complete noob you will have to work really hard to neutralize his E-advantage and against a good opponent you will not succeed. Anyone complaining on the Brew should fly it for a tour.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »

:rofl
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »
The Brewster does not need its ENY to be lowered.  Those that think the Brewster is uber just don't know what they are talking about and really no nothing of the Finnish Brewster.
Your right I don't know about the history or the specs of the plane, but you can't deny I have a pretty good knowledge of the game and the fighters in it....and that's what I base my opinion on ENY off of....like it or not it's just my opinion.

If I can up it and land 4-5 kills pretty easily, I think it should have a lower eny....I literally upped it after a conversation about it's eny on 200 and landed 7 in a ozkansas center island furball.....I was flying a K4 prior to that and was having problems getting 2....EVERYONE would agree the K4 is pretty easy mode in the MA.

Instead of 20, I just think it should be 12-15.....you can almost always up no matter the ENY but it isn't a perk farmer.

Again just my opinion
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2016, 05:14:44 PM »
Junky just because you're really good at flying the Brewster doesn't mean that it should have its ENY lowered.

Maybe it is you who is overpowered. I vote we lower Junky's ENY!!  :neener: :joystick:
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2016, 07:19:40 PM »
Junky just because you're really good at flying the Brewster doesn't mean that it should have its ENY lowered.

Maybe it is you who is overpowered. I vote we lower Junky's ENY!!  :neener: :joystick:

He ain't that good.  Leave his ENY as is.  :banana:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2016, 12:11:42 PM »

I've only flown it like 5 times...that's the point...I have a TON of experience in luft rides but I can fly a Brew better???? It's not me it's the plane.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2016, 12:16:15 PM »
He ain't that good.  Leave his ENY as is.  :banana:
You can speak to me when you actually fight your own fights against me big guy :ahand
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2016, 05:12:43 PM »
I've only flown it like 5 times...that's the point...I have a TON of experience in luft rides but I can fly a Brew better???? It's not me it's the plane.

Fly it for a tour doing and see if you still have the same opinion.
i have flown the Brewster a lot and getting a k/D ratio of >2 isnt that easy. its a lot easier in a dora or a similar plane were you always have the option to disengage and run if it gets too hot. A Brewster is a killer in a low E furball were you can pick off people with bad s/a but in all other cases you will be on the defensive most of the time.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2016, 01:57:26 PM »
You can speak to me when you actually fight your own fights against me big guy :ahand

Killed ya plenty.   So quit while you're behind.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted