Author Topic: to the 49th's  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: to the 49th's
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 02:39:13 PM »
I don't know about others, but I have thanked them several times in these threads. They tried something really cool Friday. I hope they keep doing it.

Regardless, "haters gonna hate" coming from Dallas made me chuckle.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »
your b29 mission was a very successful mission.  it created a lot of excitement in the arena. we looked forward to it for a couple of weeks.  I was planning to take a day off if I was scheduled to work friday.  I say it ranked up there with fso.

but at the same time, understand that we planned to hit you when you were taking off. why?  because you were most vulnerable then.  we talked about it for a couple of weeks.  we just waited to see which map was up and then we knew exactly which base you were taking off.  no spying just common sense.

the fact that you went off the map, i kind of expected and honestly I would have done the same.  so we waited till you came back on the map and hit you again.  then again as you traveled to your target.

but in all it was a lot of fun.  congratulations on your successful mission. the mission was more to create excitement in the game, I think, rather than counting on how many bombs fell or how many rtb.

semp
doesnt surprise me one bit that you guys flew all that way to bounce em off the end of the runway. cant have anything nice in this game, someone always spite playing and griefing just to do it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:34:00 PM by VuduVee »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 03:00:23 PM »
You guys should be thanking the 49th for keeping your interest in the game, even if it's by doing things you think are gamey, lame, or cowardly. They keep coming back as a group doing those things providing you guys with an evil enemy to shoot at. Then you get to come in here and channel your inner Internet game hero self by picking up the fight and hating your enemy in glorious gory text even more. That Oh so hategasmic feeling of self righteousness. I'm good, you are bad, let me lambast you over the many shades of your evil that damages "My Game"...... :mad:

Combat games need hero's and villains to look forward to hating and trashing. Everyone is a hero from behind their keyboard. The 49th seem not to mind being villains to so many while providing that very important service. And you guys have no lack of outrageous indignation to heap on them over their antics.

Win, win all around.

It's always been this way. It took you this long to figure that out?  :huh

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 03:16:29 PM »
It's always been this way. It took you this long to figure that out?  :huh

:rock

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 05:08:03 PM »
doesnt surprise me one bit that you guys flew all that way to bounce em off the end of the runway. cant have anything nice in this game, someone always spite playing and griefing just to do it.

it wasn't at the end of the runway. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 06:03:45 PM »
Oh yeah.....it was after they climbed 3k.

Way to promote realism.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »
well what is your suggested time.  be aware the b29s were in box formation.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »
1 ping Vasili! 1 ping only.  :neener:

Ping nor Vasili are participating in this conversation! Stay on topic!!!!!  :old:

:)
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 06:49:50 PM »
You guys should be thanking the 49th for keeping your interest in the game, even if it's by doing things you think are gamey, lame, or cowardly. They keep coming back as a group doing those things providing you guys with an evil enemy to shoot at. Then you get to come in here and channel your inner Internet game hero self by picking up the fight and hating your enemy in glorious gory text even more. That Oh so hategasmic feeling of self righteousness. I'm good, you are bad, let me lambast you over the many shades of your evil that damages "My Game"...... :mad:

Combat games need hero's and villains to look forward to hating and trashing. Everyone is a hero from behind their keyboard. The 49th seem not to mind being villains to so many while providing that very important service. And you guys have no lack of outrageous indignation to heap on them over their antics.

Win, win all around.
They did do something interesting...but they also did something very lame, and Merlin has already said that it was a mistake and they aren't doing it again, which I applaud them for that. Dallas is another subject....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Stormdag

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 07:58:44 PM »
You are all evil SOBs :bolt:
Who is Skyyr?
Why are there so many Bish?
And what the hell is RuAmL smoking?

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 12:34:57 AM »
Duplicate see below
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:40:40 AM by Dundee »

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 12:38:30 AM »
your b29 mission was a very successful mission.  it created a lot of excitement in the arena. we looked forward to it for a couple of weeks.  I was planning to take a day off if I was scheduled to work friday.  I say it ranked up there with fso.

but at the same time, understand that we planned to hit you when you were taking off. why?  because you were most vulnerable then.  we talked about it for a couple of weeks.  we just waited to see which map was up and then we knew exactly which base you were taking off.  no spying just common sense.

the fact that you went off the map, i kind of expected and honestly I would have done the same.  so we waited till you came back on the map and hit you again.  then again as you traveled to your target.

but in all it was a lot of fun.  congratulations on your successful mission. the mission was more to create excitement in the game, I think, rather than counting on how many bombs fell or how many rtb.

semp

Thank you for the kind words about our B-29 Mission it was fun planning it and it was a blast executing it also. We have already begun work on the February Mega Mission and the link to that thread is here    http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377522.0.html

Thanks again,

49Dundee

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 01:36:01 AM »
I for the life of me dont see why anyone would have a problem with that mission given the aspect of attacking it right at the start.

Unless you were one of those who did and then wasted all of that time chasing them while they climbed. LoL you historical/fair tards are something else.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO