Author Topic: AH HA No-Tags Arena  (Read 226 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
AH HA No-Tags Arena
« on: May 20, 2000, 01:10:00 AM »
HTC,
When you guys finally get this, please give Udie, or the group in charge of setting up, the ability to also choose which planes are enabled in the arena for which sides.

Also, If please get the Dora soon to compete with the 51s. Otherwise the Axis pilots might surrender so they don't have to listen to my whining...lol. I am starting to like that 109G6 though. But the Dora is the COOLEST LW WW2 Prop plane (That saw action). Oh and please hurry on that Ju-88 too. We need the Ju-88 more then Lancaster. Of course, since the Allies have the B-26, perhaps the Ju-188 would be in order, since it is more of a contemporary to the B-26 (or the Do217M-1).

P.S. - How is the beta of the terrain editor doing?

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 05-20-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
AH HA No-Tags Arena
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2000, 10:27:00 AM »
I have played both Allied and Axis, and let me tell you... both sides have planes capable of doing the job.

When I was Allied, the 51 and Tiffie had the speed, the Spits had the stealth.

The LW side has stealth and speed as well, not to mention outstanding climb.

What I see is this; lone-wolfing is tougher in the SEA. Twice last night I wound up low between two 51's in my 109. Handling one would have been easy enough in either case, but I got my ticket punched both times (after a good standoff) when they used their advantage (coupled with enemy ack). I wouldn't have had it any other way (ok, maybe away from the ack  ).

Of course if you listen to Hangtime it was all a cakewalk for the Allied.  

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
AH HA No-Tags Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2000, 10:33:00 AM »
Oh... and to directly address the other part of your question...

Right now, there is nothing in the code that diables any plane type. The icons-off part of the CM tool doesn't work either. I would give these features low priority for right now, as I would much rather see the new features of 1.03 and 1.04 first.