Author Topic: CH pedals  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: CH pedals
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 07:24:01 PM »
Saiteks are wider by a fair bit than CH, IMO that makes them more comfortable.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 08:00:42 PM »
Well these will deffinatly take some getting used to
Especially the opposite input
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
Well these will deffinatly take some getting used to
Especially the opposite input

The learning curve shouldn't be that steep.  Fly offline for a couple of hours doing basic flight maneuvers and afterwards you'll start to get a feel for the pedals.  In all honestly, it shouldn't take no more than a couple of days to get comfortable using them.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 10:17:44 PM »
Well, I started but jumping right into a furball. At first it was frustrating, but after an hour or so I'm getting the hang of it. Now I just need to figure out what to do with my other free hand lol. Might be time to get a throttle :banana:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 01:49:36 AM »
Well, I started but jumping right into a furball. At first it was frustrating, but after an hour or so I'm getting the hang of it. Now I just need to figure out what to do with my other free hand lol. Might be time to get a throttle :banana:
Definitely! A throttle is a must! How come you have managed so far without one?

My only issue with my current setup is that I don't use the dozen buttons on my stick base at all. I should have an extra pair of hands for them!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 07:13:56 AM »
Definitely! A throttle is a must! How come you have managed so far without one?

My only issue with my current setup is that I don't use the dozen buttons on my stick base at all. I should have an extra pair of hands for them!
Honestly my ch flightstick was fine. It has a throttle wheel, so my hand jumped from their, to the a s d keys for rudder and the key pad for views since my hat switch is going out lol.
One day!
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 12:18:59 PM »
Honestly my ch flightstick was fine. It has a throttle wheel, so my hand jumped from their, to the a s d keys for rudder and the key pad for views since my hat switch is going out lol.
One day!

If you were using them CH pedals when I ran into you in the Beta yesterday I'd say you had the hang of them just fine!

:salute

BTW I use a full CH USB HOTAS as well (Combatstick 568, Pro Throttle & Pro Pedals).

FYI.
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 04:19:26 PM »
That was pre rudder pedals lol. Right now in trying to come up with a way to prevent them from being pushed forward when I use them heavily
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 04:29:10 PM »
A piece or two of velcro has kept mine where I put them for years. If on a carpet you only need the "hook" side on the pedals.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »
What Fugi said.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 11:52:23 PM »
A piece or two of velcro has kept mine where I put them for years. If on a carpet you only need the "hook" side on the pedals.
Was actually thinking about that otw home from running errands. Wife uses them for everything so why not my pedals lol
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2016, 02:55:39 AM »
If your using CH pedals on a carpet Velcro will not stop it moving.

When I got my CH pedals they came with 'stops' which slotted in to make them car sim pedals, I superglue them underneath the pedals which stopped them sliding
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »
Found them. When ever I have time I'm going to do the same. Gets anointing when your pedals have rotated 45 degrees to the left air right haha :rofl

Also thank you everyone for the tips and help.! :salute
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2016, 01:52:04 AM »
My computer desk is up against a wall.  I put a small sturdy cardboard box on either side of the cable on my CH pedals, between the base and the wall.  Then, the base can't move forward or rotate.