Author Topic: Can aircraft and ground vehicles be put into terrain as objects?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Can aircraft and ground vehicles be put into terrain as objects?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 05:26:38 PM »
Yes it is possible and we have done it before on some SEA terrains. However, it depends on what you mean as skinnable. If you mean can you say put down a P47D11 as a static ground object (park on a tarmac) and then have a way to change its skin from one to another available skins for it when you load up the terrain I don't believe so. But would have to double check. If you want to just put planes and tanks down you can place them as objects. Or you can always build a new custom object and insert into the terrain. That is how Hawaii had the actualy Arizona battleship on battleship row. I think we might also have had a PBY or two on Ford Island.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:35:04 PM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 08:20:04 PM »
When you place the P-47D11, can you choose the skin or it?  Or is it automatically the default skin?

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »
You can place it but there is no option for changing / selecting skins AH3. However, back in AH2 we used to be able to embed a default skin for planes to use -instead- of the default. That is how we reskinned several lend lease planes to Russian markings for example. Not sure if embedded a different skin in the terrain for the P47D11 if that would be used then by default or not since I have not tried that in AH2. I have not tried embedding skins for planes at all AH3 yet.

X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team