Author Topic: Beta 5  (Read 6600 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 5
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 02:41:47 AM »
The TE does not display the ocean correctly when the angle of view is close to 90 degrees. At this sort of angle there is a band of ocean near the top or bottom of the display window that appears as if the Disable Ocean button was ticked.

For future reference, should editor bugs be reported in the Beta xx thread or the TE thread?

At first I didn't see this until I saw your image.

Here's a jpg showing it might be more extensive.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 03:23:21 AM »
GamePC got the patch fail terrseto1.res message after auto update. Reran the patch and it finished with no message. No problems testing FR.

Tested PC2, Win7 Ati 5870, and it wouldn't play any graphics except the text and clipboard. PC2 worked with beta 4 but hung on exit, also hangs on exit from beta 5. Renamed settings no difference.

That must be the Post Lighting / Shadow issue. Set either and get your screen back.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 03:42:09 AM »
Next one.
It's been reported before that after opening the Graphics Dialog, it isn't possible to quit and the game cursor is stuck over the Quit button.
I noticed that my cursor changes to reflect the desktop windows underneath. It changes to the icon for changing the width of a window etc.

Last one.
When I toggle the Graphic's Bump Mapping checkbox, I'm not sure if it's working properly. Two images attached. I see the side of the hanger circled change a lot as if Shadows or Reflections are taking priority. Also the clip portion (also circled) of the Clipboard seems to be reflecting when the Bump Mapping checkbox is unchecked and not when it is checked disabled. It just seems curious.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 07:27:03 AM »

The bug, grey plane below screen.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 08:34:20 AM »
For future reference, should editor bugs be reported in the Beta xx thread or the TE thread?

I prefer all bugs posted in this thread.

As to the bug one glance I and I know what debug statement I left in.

HiTech

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 10:48:48 AM »
In a F4U-1A ran the left wing tank dry and the engine sound didn't return after switching tanks. I only tried this in the 1A, but I did do it twice.

The machine gun sound diminishes during a long burst. I noticed this in both the 1A, and the 109G2.

<S>
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
I would not trust the game to not be corrupted after that.  I would really like to know what is interfering with the game on your computer.  You consistently have more problems than anyone.

The only scenario I can come up with to explain what you just said, is if the operating system did not flush the write cache to the drive and simply threw it away when you re-ran the patch.  I would call that a serious problem.

I don't see any problems with the game when I get the patch fail message for a file. It still runs the new version even if I don't reinstall the patch. The game plays the same as the updates where I don't get a patch fail message. The bugs I find are not unique to my system.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 12:32:51 PM »
Updated without issues, even Avast didn't interfere. Did the FPS test. Alt + F4'd out.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »
I don't see any problems with the game when I get the patch fail message for a file. It still runs the new version even if I don't reinstall the patch. The game plays the same as the updates where I don't get a patch fail message. The bugs I find are not unique to my system.

Just referring to the issues you have with the patch installations.  They are related to the computer.  Something is different, and I would like to get a handle on what it is.  Are you running the Beta on an SSD?

I understand what can cause the situation where a patch could be run back to back and not corrupt a file.  It is Windows not flushing the write cache.

I just want to make sure we are doing whatever we can to make sure nothing gets corrupted during the install/patch.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »
Yes it's an SSD.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »
Yes it's an SSD.

Could you try installing to the hard drive and see if the error follows it?

I am guessing the error will not follow to the hard drive.  I think it has to do with the way an SSD has to erase data before it can overwrite the data.  The delay might have allowed you to run the patch back-to-back without failure.  Just some speculation, at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:32:48 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »
Updated fine.  Unfortunately, I'm unlucky regarding frame rate.  Under the test conditions (lightly loaded, sliders default, EM=0, all boxes disabled) my rate went up (106 to 121), but under heavy load conditions (CraterMA tank area in heavy forest with zoom), using my normal settings of nearly everything maxed, I actually lost quite a bit of frame rate in Beta 5.  In deep forest my frame rate went from playable (can't remember, but say about 20 or 25) down to an unplayable 12.  (Of course my PC is ancient.)

Can't edit this post so: I thought of something else.  My 20 - 25 fps experience in the tank area of CraterMA is from awhile ago.  Perhaps my 12 fps problem comes from Greebo making changes to the tank area of CraterMA in the interim and not the change from Beta 4 to Beta5??

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 01:57:10 PM »
The flickering I reported when clouds are present results from making changes to the graphics settings. Turning on\off post lighting effects. I hope the FPS testing finds a happy solution here with Beta 5.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 02:23:30 PM »
Light issues.

Light still leaking out at the bottom of vertical faces.

Four cardinal points from the cockpit, color of the ocean at the horizon changes with a darker wedge of blue.

Banking wing down to water and the light effect from the terrain editor is in effect in the active arena.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 03:58:03 PM »
WoW!

Direct hit by the 16inch battery to a shore battery is a one shot destruction of the shore battery.

1 shot kills a CV or a Cruiser......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing