Author Topic: Beta 5  (Read 6597 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Beta 5
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2016, 11:08:14 AM »
Thanks HT, I figured it probably wasn't possible, but if you don't ask....

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »
Wish I could draw a diagram, Environment maps really can not have a power.

A vector is simply reflected off from the interpolated vertex normal and then  the pixel is looked up where the reflected vector is pointing at in the inside of a cube.

This color multiplied by the % in the environment map is then added to the total color of the pixel.

Unlike secular where the reflected vector is only interested  in what the angle to the light vector is.  And this angle can then be powered.

HiTech

Okay, so the reflection map needs to be blurred and the specular mapping subdued, unless you're after the factory fresh look.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
The AlliedBombing/Axis Defense mission ctd's when answering yes to "join in progress". I can only fly it if I pick the Me262 on the populate screen. The map shows aircraft flying off the map like in beta 4.

The flight paths on Splash also go off the map.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2016, 12:13:47 PM »
Okay, so the reflection map needs to be blurred and the specular mapping subdued, unless you're after the factory fresh look.

You would typically do this with second texture look up at a higher res that adds noise to the reflected vector. But then you need another channel input to define how much or what type of noise.

HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »
Yes, typically something that might be tiled and that is typical for aluminum. In the end the surface description would form a non-uniform substance.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Seighin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2016, 12:34:48 PM »
beta 5 Loaded okay. Game crashed 2 times while trying to up a corsair off a carrier. After a third restart it settled down.
Game loaded a lot faster.
Carrier bridge view position is off. Attached pics. ahss9.bmp ahss10.bmp
Ports in crater MA vanish in normal view above 7500 feet. ahss12.bmp
Clouds rotate/spin while looking around at the clouds above or below using track IR.
I know you guys are busting your butts on this, working on the environment, so will leave out cockpit view issues in planes.
Keep up the good work.
To be the best you have to fly with the best.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2016, 01:12:05 PM »
Cockpit views are part of the beta changes. What are the issues?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2016, 03:26:17 PM »
Yes it's an SSD.

curious as to what type of SSD you are using FLS

Could you try installing to the hard drive and see if the error follows it?

I am guessing the error will not follow to the hard drive.  I think it has to do with the way an SSD has to erase data before it can overwrite the data.  The delay might have allowed you to run the patch back-to-back without failure.  Just some speculation, at the moment.

could it possibly be due to needing a firmware update or perhaps his "TRIM" setting is toggled off?

I know awhile back I ran into issues on my Crucial m4 series SSD(s), to where I had to do a firmware update, which solved my problem perfectly

interesting discussion!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »
Minor Bug:
While flying F4U-1A with 75% fuel, burn left tank first; when left tank runs dry and engine dies, switch to main tank (SHFT-F?), engine restarts and runs but engine sound does not come back on. This was with throttle at 100% the entire time. Got engine sound to come back after several engine restarts (E). Reproduced this several times.
Elvis
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2016, 04:05:49 PM »
I know about the shadow issue buster, just havn't decided how to fix it.

HiTech

My bad, I slowed the clouds down to 10mph and the shadows were obvious.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2016, 05:27:32 PM »
Some bugs (or perhaps not bugs?).

In F3 mode (offline) your own vehicle sound dies off at very short distances, like < 200 ft; might adversely affect video production since at a normal camera distance there is no sound.

The sound is still flaky in vehicles.  Sometimes the tread sound will fade out or not come back after stopping.  Sometimes the engine sound will fade out and track only audible.  Sometimes when the track fades to faint levels it no longer changes when going over pavement or a bridge like it does when it's louder.  In one instance the engine became inaudible and the track was left channel only, stopped eng off and restarted engine still gone and track was faint and right channel only, stop start again and track is faint but center channel and engine is back.  I've tried to find a pattern on how to reproduce, but I could not.

Another player was in CraterMA online and was testing destruction of buildings at the city (using an LVT4) and I joined him.  He said he was going to post his findings, but I haven't seen it yet so I'll mention it.  Buildings in town took quite different amounts of HE to destroy, some 2 shots, some more, some 6 shots, and some would not go down with up to as many as 20 shots.  I tested the buildings at two other strats (fuel and AAA) and they all took 2 shots to destroy.  Also, the 88 mms on top of the flak tower are very hard to hit and to destroy.  One took a direct hit from my 85 mm T34 HE and didn't go down.  The second direct hit killed it.  No amount of indirect hits affected them and many shots seemed to pass right through.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »
I have been attempting to enter a running mission. Most of the time I get CTD'd as soon as I hit "Yes" to enter the mission and this happened on all four available missions. I was able to enter the mission Splash twice but was CTD'd both times after 5-10 minutes of flying. I've attached some event reports, the last one was one of the in-mission CTDs.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2016, 09:39:45 PM »
Apologies if this has already been reported and is known (I'm just starting to play around with this), but I'm unable to scroll down on the advanced sound volume screen, therefore I can't change the volume of all sliders.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2016, 02:25:16 AM »
ndisles offline

Came across some areas after spawning s from A15 and driving towards the city in a T-34.  Once down the hill, I was driving on the clutter layer with the ground layer a few feet below it.  In other areas, I was below the ground level.  There were also parts in the city where both of these situations were occurring.   The first location I noticed it was:

509195,65,-366773,0.0,0.1,173.4
ndisles
FOV = 50.5

Screen shot of me at this position is attached below.  Sorry for the digression from stability and sound testing, but I would forget about it otherwise.  I did like the cover it provided my GV though  :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:26:56 AM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
A few bugs
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
While on the Crater map I had some issues. The first was the cloud shadows flickering. The second was sound related. When I emptied the wing tank in P-47N the engine quit then the engine start sound played but after there was no engine sound. The engine was still running and responded to throttle input and changes to RPM but no sound. This was happening both inside and outside the aircraft. I have included films of both events. Thank you, HiVolt.