Author Topic: Beta 5  (Read 6601 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Beta 5
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 04:41:48 PM »
I know about the shadow issue buster, just havn't decided how to fix it.

HiTech

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 06:47:56 PM »
Noticed too, that the guns quite making a sound if the trigger is held for more than a few seconds.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 08:26:11 PM »
still cant use the mouse cursor says  to press the none key
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »
Yeah... I was looking for the none key last night. Guess we need to get one of those heavy duty vintage keyboards hitech has....lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2016, 12:49:34 PM »
I did two updates last nght to get to the current version and that worked fine. I use SSD's on my computer. Win 8.1.

I created a custom arena last night and used craterma. Three GV'ers came in with me to help test it out.

We could not get range or vox to work. We fiddled with the various settings but used the text buffer instead.

We noticed right away you don't hear a  Gv comng until it is in the range of 500-1000 yards or feet. In Ah2 we hear Gv's comng at 3.5k. I had my engine volume set to zero with other
engines set at 100 per cent. I can hear other Gv's with my engine on. That is a different feature than AH2. Not a bug, just a setting is my guess.

I fired smoke from a Tiger 2. I got an error message in bright orange letters each time. The smoke seemed normal. Probably that one is already known. I did not read every post on bugs.

I upped a storch to find a hiding M-8.  I could see his icon at 6k. :(

I also noticed at field v79 there are trees right outside of the hangar. I was able to up by turning right and following the road to the right to take off.

Question: will we be able to blow up bridges in a later version?

<S>

It is coming along......very nice. The cornfield I drove through is a nice touch.

:aok

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2016, 02:50:50 PM »
Entered Alpha Mission twice. First time it stated this mission in progress 9 minutes remaining would you like to join, clicked on yes and "ahbeta.exe has stopped working". Second time same message put with 7 minutes left. Both times computer locked up and had to use task manger to shut down ahbeta.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:52:45 PM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 08:27:27 PM »
When setting your convergence, the yard indicators trigger a lens flare when increasing/decreasing the distance. I'm noticing this happen when the arena is at night.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
Tower objects have their shadows falling out of position.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 12:12:58 AM »
Updated with no problems flew around for a while with my new card I am having fun in the beta again and my Frames were high 60+ with vsync off even in the nighttime and clouds new Card is MSI R7 370 4g

Mols
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2016, 05:20:43 AM »
Tower objects have their shadows falling out of position.

There's also a typo on the JackBox: LIASION instead of LIAISON.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 08:14:45 AM »
To my eye the skin environment effect can look a bit odd when its ramped up on bare metal aircraft. The effect has a very high power giving it a chrome-like appearance. Filtering the environment map through the power map would be likely be a real resource hog but I was wondering if there some way the environment map's overall power could be reduced to give the reflections an out of focus appearance.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 09:20:49 AM »
Blurring the map would work.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »
Blurring the environment map would not not blur the reflections the map is producing, it would just blur the borders between shiny areas and dull areas.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2016, 11:04:38 AM »
I don't know what you're going on about. Reflectivity of a hand-polished surface usually results in darker, faint reflections rather than sharp, bright, mirror-like finishes. When I create environment maps I create the image that I want to be reflected. Yes, that should be blurred.

The reflectivity of the surface itself needs to be reduced. Usually reflectivity is represented by minimum and maximum values with a falloff value, as well. That is computational too complex for a GPU to do in a video game I believe.

I'll stick to my answer.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2016, 11:05:56 AM »
To my eye the skin environment effect can look a bit odd when its ramped up on bare metal aircraft. The effect has a very high power giving it a chrome-like appearance. Filtering the environment map through the power map would be likely be a real resource hog but I was wondering if there some way the environment map's overall power could be reduced to give the reflections an out of focus appearance.

Wish I could draw a diagram, Environment maps really can not have a power.

A vector is simply reflected off from the interpolated vertex normal and then  the pixel is looked up where the reflected vector is pointing at in the inside of a cube.

This color multiplied by the % in the environment map is then added to the total color of the pixel.

Unlike secular where the reflected vector is only interested  in what the angle to the light vector is.  And this angle can then be powered.

HiTech