Author Topic: Help decide what the next scenario should be  (Read 6679 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Help decide what the next scenario should be
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 04:29:13 PM »
Thy not finish a conventional 4 frame scenario with 12 hour frame? Best of both worlds. D or E on the preferable setup
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 06:23:17 PM »
A and D for me. :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 06:23:49 PM »
I like the traditional 4 frame setup myself with 2 lives.  Maybe do away with the launch windows and just let me take my second life whenever I want.  As for the battle, I vote for PTO near some little island called Rabaul including a certain USN squadron detached from the carriers with certain blue planes.  :devil

Second. :D

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »
None of the above.

Interest is down and I feel design and structure needs to be new and different. This change is not only to keep old players interested, but also in an attempt to find what the newer players enjoy (or maybe even draw new players).
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 07:30:42 PM »
I feel design and structure needs to be new and different.

Such as?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 07:54:34 PM »
None of the above.

So, no Soviets vs. Luftwaffe, or US vs. Luftwaffe, or US/British vs. Luftwaffe, or US vs. Japan.

Some alternate-history matchups could be US vs. Soviets, Japan vs. Soviets, Japan vs. Germany (a Man in the High Castle scenario).  One day, I'd like to do one of those, but not as the next scenario.  They are interesting, but players have on average preferred historical match-ups when in the past we've discussed alternate-history scenarios, although we did run two less-aggressively-alternate histories with "The Final Battle" and "Operation Downfall".

Also, no 12-hour format or 4-frame format.

But the 12-hour format is new, having been done only once before.  Attendance for it was 316 players, so attendance seems to be one of the strong suits of the 12-hour format.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:35:17 PM by Brooke »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 08:09:36 PM »
12 hr BOB  :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

:joystick: :airplane:

FTW!!!!  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »
I will have to look later  but I think there was a indecent where P-51s attacked some Russian aircraft. That would be fun.
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »
I will have to look later  but I think there was a indecent where P-51s attacked some Russian aircraft. That would be fun.

Historically interesting, yes. But you can't base a scenario off of an atypical happenstance.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:31:49 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2016, 09:21:26 PM »
A and D   :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »
Since I work on Saturdays it's easier to do one event on one day rather than try to be there a whole month. With that said if we could an event at 7PM EST on Saturdays like BoG that would also be great, for me anyway.

A

I'd like to see an event where we the Tu-2's can participate or a 12 hour BoB.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 12:33:28 AM »

Some alternate-history matchups could be...

Screw alternate history... Finns vs. Russ!!!
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 12:58:28 AM »
Also you don't really need to count on my vote as I'm offline for a while (also for this kind of scenario I'll probably renew my account ;-) )

B & D (also A & D may be ok - I'm not big fun of 12h scenario)

And regarding D I strongly suggest to do some stuff with new planes we have in AH at Eastern front:

Early period 1941 and early 42, Barbarossa, defense of Moscow, Leningrad etc - I think it can be great setup with all the planes we get

- I-16, Yak-1b & IL-2, note at this point the lend-lease was very minimal - and it is critical I'd limit to some Hurricane I - but not many
- 109E, 109F-4, Ju-87, He-111, Bf-110c, limited Ju-88

Also Yak-1b is later model so F-4 - it would match each other

Very Late Eastern period (already in Europe)

- La-5, La-7 (lower numbers), Yak-9 and Yak-3 (limited), IL-2, Tu-2 (too shame we don't have Pe-2)
- 109G6, 190A8, 190F and limited 109G14/K + 190D, Ju-88, Ju-87

And of course there is always possibility to do some very cool 1948 stuff  :rock

That has significant portion of work done: http://cppcms.com/files/ah/1948/1948-ah2-event.pdf

This one can indeed be played in 12h format

For that one I'll defenatelly be back  :x
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:18:11 AM by artik »
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 07:32:12 AM »
An old AvA setup I was privileged to be part of:

Finally the combined Allied forces in the Pacific are ready to mount an assault deep into the Empire's backyard. It's been a long hard war with many losses and setbacks. The campaign in Europe has finally ground to a conclusion. All available resources have been sent to deal with the Japanese.

Situated only 360 miles from the Home Islands the Imperial Japanese Command has designated that Okinawa is to be a key component of the inner defensive ring around Japan. They have massed forces such as suicide boats and submarines all around the island in a last ditch effort to push back the Allied advance. Their best men and equipment stand ready.

For nearly 1 year the Allies have struggled to get to this point. This attack is to be the largest that the war has ever seen.

Allied Intelligence has told all air units to be on the lookout for unusual contacts. It is feared that the technology the Germans employed prior to their defeat may have been shared with the Japanese.

A flight of four U.S. Navy Corsairs confirmed that fear with a radio transmission prior to their loss:

"Henhouse this is Blue one, we have contacts ... high speed contrails ... holy .."

"Say again, Blue one"

"These contacts are amazingly fast. Like nothing I've ever seen ... Danny break!"

"Blue one ... say again. Are you engaged with the contacts?"

"Roger Henhouse. We are under attack."

"Say again your coordinates, Blue one .... "

(radio silence)

"Blue one are you there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Admiral Halsey sat back in his chair after reading the intelligence memo and closed his eyes.

"It's worse than we thought then, isn't it Bob?"

Halsey's chief of staff, Rear Admiral Robert Carney looked deadly serious.

"Yes sir. The Japanese are much farther along in jet aircraft production than was previously estimated."

"Dammit to hell! Intel really screwed the pooch on this one. We've got Japanese jets flying all over Okinawa! Any word on our own? What have we got to meet them head on?"

"We just don't have the strips to operate our P-80s off of ... nor the British Meteors for that matter. Besides, even if we did, those "Shooting Stars" have short legs and are maintenance nightmares ... hell, most of the Air Corps pilots call it a death trap anyhow. The Fireball project fell behind when funding was transferred after ..."

"Yes, I know ... after we damned near blew up New Mexico. I wish those politicians and scientists eager to build big bombs we can't even deliver would stop taking money from the projects that WOULD help end this war, dammit!

So we're going to have to fight jet aircraft with prop planes. Well get ComAirSouthPac on the horn and apprise him of the situation. See if he can have something for me ASAP. If we can't fly as fast as the enemy we damned well better have him surrounded. I don't want any more scouting patrols jumped. From now on we operate in force."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
The planeset for both sides
Japan
Me 262 (reskinned to represent Karyu) Perked to 10 points and limited bases
Me 163 (reskinned to represent J8M) Perked to 5 points and limited bases
Ar 234 (reskinned ) NO PERKS but limited bases
N1K 2J George
Ki 61 Tony
A6M2 Zeke
A6M5 Zero
Val
Kate
Ki 67 Peggy
C47 for troop and supply

Here is the airbase layout for the Karyu (Me-262). Base locations of 10,18,24,26,29,30,32,34,37. The last four bases are all in the North of the map and on 2-3 islands.

Here is the airbase layout for the Nitaka (Ar-234). Base locations of 10,13,18,24,29,30,32,34,37. Again the last four bases are all in the northern most area of the map.

Here is the airbase layout for the J8M (Me-163). Base locations of 10,12,13,18,20,26,32,34,37. Simply because it would have been a "simpler" aircraft to build and put in place easier than the more complicated jet aircraft.

All other Imperial Japanese aircraft are placed at all available bases on the map and the vehicles are available at all bases as well.

Allies
C47 for troop and supply

U.S.N.
F4U-4
F4U-C
F6F-5
TBM

U.S.A.A.C
P-51D
P-47D-30
P-38L
B-17G

The Royals
Tempest
Spitfire 14

All US and RAF aircraft are available from the single US base that is controlled to the west of Okinawa. USN aircraft and RN are available on carriers.

Vehicles Available:
Both sides will have all M class vehicles available
Tigers ARE NOT AVAILABLE!
Fleets 1,3,4 and 5 are active the others are bugged and will be moved to locations far away as Rook. Japanese Fleet is ok for the setup.
Fuel Burn Rate of .5[/COLOR]
Following settings from Bradys previous Okinawa setups:

Fleat hardness will by 50% of MA standard, 4k for a Cv and 750 pounds for any other ship.

All bases have SB's they will be set to 5k, as apposed to 4k which is their default setting.

The Ack gun hardenss will be increased to 50KG.

Ack is set at .7 as is normal in the CT.

Dot dar will be at 20 miles for enemy and unlimited for friendly.

500 foot height for dar.

Thanks to Slash27 for the initial idea; Arlo for the write up and the website (I wish I hadn't dismantled it); Dux for the new skins; Brady for the ideas on perks and opposition thinking; Squire and TheBug for being opposition and helping us rethink some stuff; Rafe35 for some information and links. (Geez what kind of grammar is that.)

This was truly a joint work of many people digging up information and I appreciate having had the chance to work with all of them on this; since it was the first true collaboration within the CT Development Group.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,108016.0.html

It was before the intro if the 29s.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 09:19:11 AM »
Its August 1940...

The Battle of Britain is fixing to get nasty...

And the Germans are growing impatient...

The next Aces High Scenario....Adlerangriff ("Eagle Attack") The Battle of Britain will be decided now....

This will be a 12 hour scenario, broken down into 4, 3 hour Frames...

Frame 1 - Aldertag     The assault on radar sites and airfields (We will allow 109 Es to carry bombs like the real battle) Epro 210 also big factor the first 3 hour run...

Frame 2 -  The Greatest Day     Massive bombing runs by the Huns....

Frame 3 - The Hardest Day       More massive bombing....

Frame 4 - Endgame        Raid on London....Followed by the huge furball we had after the last BOB scenario  :rock :rock :rock

Now just like Target for Today there would be a general objective to each frame that must be hit or rather obliterated within the 3 hour frame but that doesn't stop the CO from upping a raid for the next Frame during the prior Frame (see what happened in Target for Today).  There will be a flight window at every hour (cause that's the way it worked best...keeps everyone in action and if your shot down right after an hour window closes it gives you time to eat and stretch your legs)

AND Roc (who will come out of retirement for this one) promised us that after this last scenario (sorry I didn't fly in it...I'm just so sick of Italy) we would get our 12 hour BOB...

This will be the BIG ONE everyone has been waiting for....the OOB and almost everything else is already set up...small logistical things must be worked through but this will be an easy one to set up...

Also I would like to be the first one to call a 109 squadron (called one in another thread...but that doesn't matter now  :devil)

So...I suggest we hurry up and put this one out there...at least by the end of March...give us time (real time) to drum up support for it...

Adlerangriff

The Battle of Britain

An Aces High Scenario....Coming to a Saturday in June near you!!!!  :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde