Author Topic: Beta 8: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 6867 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: more films
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 04:48:03 PM »
I am not sure what is meant by bomber drift, but could it be?  Either:

a)  You were in the bomber sight before it had been calibrated?  An uncalibrated F6 view would account for drift

or

b)  Your were at 21k feet altitude and subjected to cross winds.  If you right click on your clipboard map and enable "wind" a ledger item will appear, and show wind speed and direction, at differing altitudes.  I cannot tell from the film what map or if wind was enabled.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
Re: Beta 8: Issues/Bug Reports - Prison camps?
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 06:21:26 PM »
Not sure what to say.  I'm a bit flabbergasted.  prison barracks?  I've got uncles and fathers who died in german prison camps and some of this looks too similar to what I would imagine.  not sure how I feel about this.  but, as I look at this it's becoming quite dark and ominous in my view. 

Beta 8, patch 2.  not feeling too good about this game about now.  might be making a whole lot of nothing out of nothing, but this is sure creepy and makes me want to go somewhere else.

I take it you never visited the Ft Huachuca barracks in the 60's which were barely renovated from the calvary days.
Talk about looking like a camp you describe, but I doubt HT had any POW camp in mind designing 1940's buildings.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 8: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 12:10:30 PM »
Updated without issues, went to Greebo's CraterMA.

Noticed that I can hit the Target with a Dora and even see the hits.  :aok A funny thing I noticed was that the clipboard slid between the window frames when minimized, image attached. Another obscurity I noticed was that after Alt-Tabbing to the Desktop, the engine started again (engstart) when I returned to the game, although the plane had been on Autopilot all the time.

Changed country to try to bomb the fleet. Upped three Mossies with 4000 lbs. Lined up, calibrated and dropped - and saw the bombs splash way behind the CV. Turned home to get another load and then I crashed to Desktop. Logged back in, the game said that AI had just bailed me. So I was back in the tower sooner than expected... Didn't go to the Hangar, instead I just upped to the same direction as before. Noticed my drones were missing which I vaguely remember being a feature of the automatic disco rescue system. I soon was high and close enough to calibrate, but to my surprise I couldn't get into the calibrating mode! Back to the cockpit, back to the bomb site. No calibration mode whatsoever. So I decided to try dive bombing. Oh, no bomb bay door either??? Still diving and CTD... Again back to the game, this time I was still airborne and noticed that actually I had no bombs either. And then the meatball ack got me. End of the story.

Location info taken while free falling after the first CTD:

-652809,211,-4850,-180.0,-90.0,37.9
craterma
FOV = 50.5

CTD error reports attached.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 12:23:10 PM »
Launched V59 SE in a tank.   Tank rolled over immediately after start up, which I have had happen before near a tree.

Funny thing is I could drive around upside down.   May be worth looking at.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »
Not sure if this is a known bug or not, but while shooting at a player controlled bomber formation, sometimes the players aircraft will take the damage even though you are shooting at one of the drones. Other times the correct aircraft you are shooting at will take the damage.

Offline tboy1972

• Zinc Member
Re: Beta 8: Issues/Bug Reports - Prison camps?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 09:01:09 PM »
Not sure what to say.  I'm a bit flabbergasted.  prison barracks?  I've got uncles and fathers who died in german prison camps and some of this looks too similar to what I would imagine.  not sure how I feel about this.  but, as I look at this it's becoming quite dark and ominous in my view. 

Beta 8, patch 2.  not feeling too good about this game about now.  might be making a whole lot of nothing out of nothing, but this is sure creepy and makes me want to go somewhere else.

this is a world war 2 combat flight simulator game. world war two was dark, and evil, and millions died. This is what war is.  This is what combat is.  If it is a simulation game, then I would want as close of a simulation as possible.  The word simulation comes from the word similar.  If your looking for a feel good happy game, this may not be it. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, or insult you.  I am just pointing out the facts.  If the creators of this game can simulate an environment that resembles a world war, to the point that it triggers some dark feelings, then they have done their job well.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 09:11:28 PM »
Looks like the radar factory.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »
Tankland is wonderful.  :aok

Bug report:

I selected Rook and drove to Bishop base v2
The autogun next to the tower cannot be destroyed.
My pintle does not show sprites if I shoot at.
Also, it is not solid. You drive right through it.

You can drive through the fence and the ammo bunker next to the tower as well.

Also, if you raise the barrel to high on the panther it will not fire smoke. You get an error message.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:51:05 PM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 08:14:02 PM »
When firing guns, and then switching to f3, and back to f1, guns won't make a sound. Did it with the 262, La7, P40E, and 109g14
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 01:02:31 AM »
I selected Rook and drove to Bishop base v2
The autogun next to the tower cannot be destroyed.
My pintle does not show sprites if I shoot at.
Also, it is not solid. You drive right through it.

You can drive through the fence and the ammo bunker next to the tower as well.

I can confirm that the autogun next to the tower at V2 as well as the maproom cannot be hit and both can be driven through.  At V18 the other autogun cannot be hit or collided with, but the maproom is OK.  Both of these fields have a seam running E-W right through the base.  In V2's case it runs near the maproom and tower autogun (i.e. the ones with problems), at V18 it runs near the other autogun (also the one with problems).  Perhaps a solution would be to slightly move those two bases away from the seam.  (None of the other central vehicle bases have this problem.)

Ground clutter at some bases (V4, V34, V37 maybe others) is not on the ground but floating a bit above it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 11:34:43 AM »
When firing guns, and then switching to f3, and back to f1, guns won't make a sound. Did it with the 262, La7, P40E, and 109g14

I can not duplicate this.
Any more info would be appreciated.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 11:58:48 AM »
For the F4U's, F6F, P-40's, P-47's and P-51's, firing guns in the cockpit view, the smoke trails aren't showing for the right wing guns. They show from the external views.

The F4U's do not show the 3rd smoke trail on the right side machineguns in the cockpit view until you move the pilot's head to the right. They show from the external views.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 04:20:52 PM »
I can not duplicate this.
Any more info would be appreciated.

HiTech
What other information is needed?
I'm not really sure? :salute
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**