Author Topic: Mega Mission Experience  (Read 437 times)

Offline 49ZERO

• Zinc Member
Mega Mission Experience
« on: February 28, 2016, 09:40:27 AM »
What an eye opener to do a mega mission in the late war arena. The taste of what it would have been like to be part of a bomber crew was amazing. The experience of not likely coming back alive and seeing your fellow bomber crews going down in flames is sobering. The bravery and intensity of what our grandfathers faced is unmatched by today standards. I can only say they where our greatest generation and thank you for our freedom that we have today. Salute to our special heros of ww2.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Mega Mission Experience
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 04:00:31 PM »
 :bhead Missed this one... any after action reports with screens available?
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline czpilot

• Zinc Member
      • Letecké a pozemní online simulátory
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 02:26:41 AM »
I liked the mission although I was shot down quite early. Here are some pictures: http://forum.virtualfighters.cz/app.php/gallery/album/18

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:43:14 AM »
I liked the mission although I was shot down quite early. Here are some pictures: http://forum.virtualfighters.cz/app.php/gallery/album/18

Thanks for sharing these.  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 08:50:19 AM »
What an eye opener to do a mega mission in the late war arena. The taste of what it would have been like to be part of a bomber crew was amazing. The experience of not likely coming back alive and seeing your fellow bomber crews going down in flames is sobering. The bravery and intensity of what our grandfathers faced is unmatched by today standards. I can only say they where our greatest generation and thank you for our freedom that we have today. Salute to our special heros of ww2.

It is the same in the Scenarios Brooke puts on like the Southern Conquest.  Very intense in bombers, confusion,  vox traffic could be used in a movie,  who will be the next fighter target you wonder, got to calibrate and hit my target.  Hit the target, hit the target, trumps all other thoughts you have.