Author Topic: Dogfight : F35 vs F16  (Read 79267 times)

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
Re: Dogfight : F35 vs F16
« Reply #990 on: September 18, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »
How will frequency hopping help? All you need to look for is a signal on the Ku band. You don't care what the signal content is.

Stop with your logic! We are building this overpriced, under-performing monstrosity whether you like it or not.  It's got sensors.  Sure, they don't *actually* work, but one day in the future all this whizz-bang stuff will come together and we will have the technology reliable enough to fight the Soviets....errrm, wait, do terrorists have fighter jets?
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #991 on: September 18, 2016, 10:22:19 AM »
So if a F35 runs out of ATA missiles there will be other land, sea, air assets networked into it that will be able to launch in defense of it. Or a million other possibilities because everything is going to be networked together.

Its that sort of predicting the future battlefield in those rosy, antiseptic RAND study terms that makes me nervous.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #992 on: September 18, 2016, 11:28:49 AM »
One thing that is interesting to me is the politics and/or orders given for test pilots and current military pilots to squawk only what they are told.  That video above with Billie Flynn.  Do you realize that he worked for the Eurofighter before Lockheed Martin as their chief test pilot, and had NOTHING but bad things to say about the F35 prior to working for LM?  I'll link some of the videos and articles he's quoted in while working with the Eurofighter team, and how much he trashed the JSF program in favor of the plane he was currently working with (Typhoon at that time).  Now, in that video, since his paycheck has LM at the top instead of the Eurofighter consortium, what, surprise, all of a sudden the F35 is the greatest thing since bread was sliced?  Hilarious.

Makes me wonder about the infamous Dolby and all of his praise, Dolby this Dobly that, Dolby Dolby Dolby.  What tune would Dolby sing if Norway had bought the Eurofighter instead of the F35?

In Billie Flynn's case - a friend flew with him as a newly promoted Captain when Flynn was CO of the old 441 CF18 squadron here - he's worked for many aerospace companies in his post RCAF career.  He's flown a lot of fighters too, almost as many as my friend has flown as CO of our test/eval squadron, Tornado, F16, Typhoon, F18 and of course the F35.  Yet, it seems he jumps ship to whomever is writing the checks.  When he worked for the Eurofighter team, he went on at great length how it would dominate every other fighter yet created or on the drawing board.  Then when he was hired by Lockheed Martin, he said the following, and was called out by other test pilots he had worked with while at Eurofighter -
Bill Flynn, Lockheed test pilot responsible for flight envelope expansion activities for the F-35 claimed that all three variants of the Joint Strike Fighter will have better kinematic performance than any fourth-generation fighter plane with combat payload, including the Eurofighter Typhoon (that during last year’s Red Flag Alaska achieved several simulated kills against the F-22 Raptor) and the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.

“In terms of instantaneous and sustained turn rates and just about every other performance metric, the F-35 variants match or considerably exceed the capabilities of every fourth-generation fighter,” Flyinn said.

According to the Lockheed pilot, (besides its stealthiness) the F-35 features better transonic acceleration and high AOA (angle-of-attack) flight performance than an armed Typhoon or Super Hornet.

Which was complete bunk, and proven to be so by other test pilots.

https://theaviationist.com/2013/02/11/typhoon-aerial-combat/#.UmKzzhZLLHg

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/in-focus-lockheed-claims-f-35-kinematics-better-than-or-equal-to-typhoon-or-super-hornet-382078/

Typhoon with a loadout that the F35 will never match, and is very unlikely to be able to perform in a similar manner with a loadout even close to this -  2 IR AAM, 4 MRM AAM, 2 fuel tanks, 2 Paveway bombs, 6 ATG Brimstone...load the F35 up with all of that and let's see it run some of these maneuvers.  I'm not saying the F35 due to fusion/stealth won't be more capable on the battlefield, but Flynn is obviously full of crap based on his claims regarding the F35s straight performance capabilities vs the Eurofighter. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl70X64n3xg
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:48:59 AM by Gman »

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #993 on: September 18, 2016, 12:45:40 PM »
I have a buddy in school with an iq in excess of 200 and yes he has been tested he is a military air combat genuis wanna know what he said about the f35? its designed to be flown by a computer by ai not a human being thats why its lacklustre performance does not make sense in the now but it will in the future be flying completely unmanned.

Some of the conversations I have with this guy leave me in cold sweats honestly the future is not a good one for us. He also says a lot of flights are at this very moment unmanned and there is a life like dummy sat in the flight seat the government is not telling the pubic anything about this recently there was an incident were due to a screw up in the program it actually ejected the fake pilot (it has no forearms or legs accordin to eyewitnesses) shortly after take off and members of the pubic did see this

the poor guy in the f16 does not stand a chance against the ai f35 no way could his body handle even some of the gs this thing can do with his fake pilot. someone should rent these jerks a copy of termintor 1 & 2 really dumb idea if you ask me  :rolleyes:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #994 on: September 18, 2016, 02:12:48 PM »
I have a buddy in school with an iq in excess of 200 and yes he has been tested

Bloody hell, that's the same IQ as a hundred Brewster pilots*

*WMaker excluded

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #995 on: September 18, 2016, 02:57:20 PM »
I have a buddy in school with an iq in excess of 200 and yes he has been tested he is a military air combat genuis wanna know what he said about the f35? its designed to be flown by a computer by ai not a human being thats why its lacklustre performance does not make sense in the now but it will in the future be flying completely unmanned.

Some of the conversations I have with this guy leave me in cold sweats honestly the future is not a good one for us. He also says a lot of flights are at this very moment unmanned and there is a life like dummy sat in the flight seat the government is not telling the pubic anything about this recently there was an incident were due to a screw up in the program it actually ejected the fake pilot (it has no forearms or legs accordin to eyewitnesses) shortly after take off and members of the pubic did see this

the poor guy in the f16 does not stand a chance against the ai f35 no way could his body handle even some of the gs this thing can do with his fake pilot. someone should rent these jerks a copy of termintor 1 & 2 really dumb idea if you ask me  :rolleyes:

It'd have to be flown by AI.  The drones that are flown from Nevada have to be flown via autopilot due to the 2 second delay in radio transmissions.
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #996 on: September 18, 2016, 04:31:20 PM »
Bloody hell, that's the same IQ as a hundred Brewster pilots*

*WMaker excluded

''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #998 on: September 19, 2016, 09:55:06 PM »
I have a buddy in school with an iq in excess of 200 and yes he has been tested he is a military air combat genuis wanna know what he said about the f35?

No, because no such person exists.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #999 on: September 19, 2016, 11:51:41 PM »
No, because no such person exists.

Why don't you try a Brewster?

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #1000 on: September 20, 2016, 06:56:35 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:09:47 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #1001 on: September 20, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »
Well...some "great" conversations here...and some rubbish.

Advantage of F-35 is stealth, avionics, and sensor intergration.  Does it have growing pains....yep, just like every other fighter has had. 

Sensor fusion came to be in the 22 and 35.... As far as Piloted by Ai...tell your buddy to put down his doobie and pay attention.  Ai piloted aircraft will not have cockpits and all the weight and expense that go with them.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #1002 on: September 20, 2016, 01:43:22 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:10:21 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1003 on: September 20, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:10:58 PM by Skuzzy »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #1004 on: September 20, 2016, 03:01:55 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:11:07 PM by Skuzzy »