Author Topic: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4390 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2016, 12:04:31 PM »
Il2 engine sounds cut out...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2016, 12:05:37 PM »
When clicking the "Default" button in the graphics settings, game goes into a massive amount of graphics errors that completely fill text buffer and continue, FPS drops to 4, and view is that of just the clipboard and of blank blue background.  Clicking any of the settings in the graphics area again stops error.  Same error occurred after copying the settings folder from AH2 to AH3.

Clicking "Quit" out of M/A does not go back to game menu, program crashes to desktop.  It does play the music while it does it though.

Current background/lighting in hangar when setting convergence makes the white unreadable against the concrete/background out to about 450 yards.  Tried changing gamma settings, but even at full dark, it's not visible against the background.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2016, 12:43:32 PM »
Also when randomly shooting at the ground in any plane you can see the ground strikes until you zoom in...this could be my system as its old and I haven't seen anyone mention this before

Floor of hanger also washes out convergence and loadouts
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2016, 12:58:03 PM »
When clicking the "Default" button in the graphics settings, game goes into a massive amount of graphics errors that completely fill text buffer and continue, FPS drops to 4, and view is that of just the clipboard and of blank blue background.  Clicking any of the settings in the graphics area again stops error.  Same error occurred after copying the settings folder from AH2 to AH3.

Clicking "Quit" out of M/A does not go back to game menu, program crashes to desktop.  It does play the music while it does it though.

Current background/lighting in hangar when setting convergence makes the white unreadable against the concrete/background out to about 450 yards.  Tried changing gamma settings, but even at full dark, it's not visible against the background.

If you simply copied over the settings file, you committed a cardinal beta sin  :devil  There are only certain files that should be copied over, other files like any *.cfg files will corrupt beta, or visa versa.  Your best bet, if this was done is to download the full beta install, and remove the corrupted beta folder, then install the beta from scratch.  After that follow carefully the instructions from Skuzzy:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,373697.0.html

The files with the following extensions may be copied over, from the current game "settings" folder.
------------------------------------
*.JSM
*.KMP
*.HPS

The "planes" folder may also be copied over.

"Skins" are not supported yet.

Please do not copy any of the *.CFG files over.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:34:47 AM by Skuzzy »

I hope this helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2016, 01:14:24 PM »
When using Shift_H mouse view mode, either in zoom mode or default mode. Planes, GV, guns. If you pull your view away from the default forward position, then toggle the "Z" key to change the mode. Your view is snapped back to the default starting position forcing you to pan back to where you wanted to be when you toggled zoom.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »
Not a bug, per se, but a wish.  While online you said you were thinking of possibly putting the terrain LOD setting on a user controlled slider.  +1 to that (if the slider allows extending the range).  It is disconcerting to fly towards mountains and have them morph in front of you at relatively short range.  Also it would reduce the "bug" of visible trees floating above a hill top that has yet to morph into place.  I would guess that extending the range would not really seriously impact frame rate on good systems as the many trees visible probably have way more polygons that the visible ground surface at full 4K res.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2016, 01:57:32 PM »
Hitech,

When doing a psave the values saved include an fov. I've noticed this changes with the FoV you set from the video setup at the splash screen. When we psave why is our fov not 80, 100, 106 or higher as we have set at the video settings? I noticed the fov in the psave stays constant between texture modes but changes with custom FoV changes.

FoV   80 - psave fov 50.5
FoV 100 - psave fov 67.7
FoV 106 -  psave fov 73.5
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2016, 03:05:04 PM »
Hordetardvulching seems to be working perfectly in the beta.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2016, 04:08:01 PM »
Not a bug, per se, but a wish.  While online you said you were thinking of possibly putting the terrain LOD setting on a user controlled slider.  +1 to that (if the slider allows extending the range).  It is disconcerting to fly towards mountains and have them morph in front of you at relatively short range.  Also it would reduce the "bug" of visible trees floating above a hill top that has yet to morph into place.  I would guess that extending the range would not really seriously impact frame rate on good systems as the many trees visible probably have way more polygons that the visible ground surface at full 4K res.

The float issue I should simply fix by adjusting the range with zoom.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2016, 04:09:22 PM »
Hitech,

When doing a psave the values saved include an fov. I've noticed this changes with the FoV you set from the video setup at the splash screen. When we psave why is our fov not 80, 100, 106 or higher as we have set at the video settings? I noticed the fov in the psave stays constant between texture modes but changes with custom FoV changes.

FoV   80 - psave fov 50.5
FoV 100 - psave fov 67.7
FoV 106 -  psave fov 73.5

You are zoomed in when you issued the .psave zoom and FOV are simply different terms for the same thing.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2016, 05:24:05 PM »
I was spawned on the runway at the default pilot view position never touching the zoom mapped key when I tested this by then using a psave.

Is it possible to have some way while in the game for players to pull up a clipboard page or input a dot command that also saves the info to a text file to know the following:

PC\Laptop CPU and RAM
Graphic Card type and RAM.
Monitor
Texture mode.
Default or custom fov setting.

I think many only know to look in the game for the information they try to communicate, let alone how to get a dixdiag screen or find this information on their PC\Laptop. Then if further info is needed, someone can walk them through getting at it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2016, 05:25:09 PM »
Perk rides are enabled to piddle away the gameplay  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
I want more smaller my plane icon on clipboad, or changeable size icon.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2016, 10:18:01 PM »
Tanks sight is broken or no hit mark?

I wish Sdkfz251 carry german troops, not Screaming Eagles if you can.
Who Dares Wins
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2016, 10:24:50 PM »

If you quit, change the FoV, then come back in offline, the auto ack is disabled against the flying drones. If you change the FoV, then exit from the game and start it back up. Offline the ack will be firing at the drones.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing