Author Topic: Good fights and what not in the Beta  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Good fights and what not in the Beta
« on: March 25, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »
More and more people in Beta every evening.  Nice fights, no score, practice if you wish.

If you can fly Beta you owe yourself the time in there to get used to it and maybe fine tune your PC.

Many have already started their MA squads in Beta already.

HT said himself AHIII is coming very soon.  Unfortunately that will be the end of AHII.

Get to the Beta and see what's up!  You owe that to yourself if you continue to play on.

Just a thought.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Good fights and what not in the Beta
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »
Brand new Patch just out!!!  Mizzou, lazydog and I took turns in the 1 v 1 arena.  If you haven't tried it yet .... it's your loss... especially for any of the "....just ruined a perfectly good 1 v 1 fight" in the MA crowd.  Just log in while anyone else is in the arena.  When two of you are in the O'Club, it will air spawn you into a fight!!  Be ready the action is immediate!!   WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOoooooooooo.. ......  :joystick:

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 05:22:03 PM »
I hear you Hajo!

However I plan to hold down the old TA until the door closes.

Now if they open a TA in the beta I might move house sooner.... :noid

:salute

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
Brand new Patch just out!!!  Mizzou, lazydog and I took turns in the 1 v 1 arena.  If you haven't tried it yet .... it's your loss... especially for any of the "....just ruined a perfectly good 1 v 1 fight" in the MA crowd.  Just log in while anyone else is in the arena.  When two of you are in the O'Club, it will air spawn you into a fight!!  Be ready the action is immediate!!   WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOoooooooooo.. ......  :joystick:

Chilli, I have yet to try that arena out yet............while you are waiting for another to show up, how do you go about selecting the aircraft type...............does it give you time, or does it place you both in the same plane type/fuel load out?

give us some details.......sounds interesting,

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »
I just went in there.was launched..
Never saw anyone to fight...
Ratsass was in arena..suppose he was my adversary but I never saw him

Also looks like there is a practice arena...TA maybe
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 05:36:06 PM »
Morfiend!!  My friend...... please, set up a time that you and I can go to the 1 v 1 beta arena.  I have been in game way too long ... not to have a clue at what I am doing.....

In my opinion, AH beta gives me more control, and what I expected but never achieved with AH2.  You can help me to put some of that control to use in the "hopefully" near future.

TC,

Hey there my brother!  Yes, it is fantastic!  It either spawns you in a P51D or a Ki84.  As far as I can tell it is random which.  Ki84 seems to have a clear advantage.  No worries, because as I found, you start with enough altitude to turn some of that into speed to extend and pick your chances flying the pony.  If you are a pony gawd, (I clearly am not) you are able to turn the tables in other ways.

Pretty much you just go to the O'Club and the only prior settings that you have control over are you Field of View and convergence settings.  I do recommend that you have those set up before you go into the O'Club.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 11:37:17 PM »
and lets not forget Thursday night tank fights in the AH3 AVA. also too much fun!!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 12:41:47 AM »
Had a most excellent fight against Snakeiis this night, and then another with JB11.  Both of them have painted new oldman kill symbols (crossed crutches) under their cockpit rails.

Everything seems to be working very well in Beta, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were released soon.  I'm getting better TrackIR and frame rates than I do in AH2.  Come give it a try.  Whether you want to eat it now, or eat it later, you're going to eat it eventually.

- oldman (my mother taught me that)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 07:32:04 AM »
I'm downloading beta now. We'll see.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 07:55:37 AM »
Had a most excellent fight against Snakeiis this night, and then another with JB11.  Both of them have painted new oldman kill symbols (crossed crutches) under their cockpit rails.

Everything seems to be working very well in Beta, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were released soon.  I'm getting better TrackIR and frame rates than I do in AH2.  Come give it a try.  Whether you want to eat it now, or eat it later, you're going to eat it eventually.

- oldman (my mother taught me that)

"So that's how it is in their family."
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 09:19:56 AM »
I've been in there the past few afternoons. I like it but can be hard to find a fight even when putting out my location and alt over 200 begging for someone to fight. Did get Trogdor to take me up on it when he logged on, great couple fights too <S>. Had a few good fights last night with JunkyII, Oboe and others <S>.
Tried 1v1 arena, merged then put a couple rounds into a pony, and he dove away, ran and never looked back, WTH? Why join the 1v1 dueling arena to run away from a fight?
Elvis
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 11:27:08 AM »
Had some great fights with Trogdor the other day, very back and forth and ending up in extreme low E stall fighting both jockying for shots.  Good times!

:aok :airplane: :salute
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:42 AM »
Default FOV should be 120 IMO....one of the hardest things for new guys is SA and if your that "close" it makes it hard even for a veteran to track a plane.

Gunnery is a lot easier now IMO new tracers look awesome...the whirbs shooting from a field look legit.

Flight model seems easier, noticed it a lot in the 152s flat spin....it recovers a lot easier.

Milky way looks like a volcano exploded in the distance but the night in general is cool.

Clip board icons of planes and tanks are huge....is there a way to make those a lot smaller???

The scratch marks on the canopy sometimes stop very sharply so it goes from being a lot of scratches on it to none at all, this could be how HTC wants it.

Reflection from the moon off the canopy to the ground lights up a big area on ground instead of glaring the pilot so you can't see as well.

Just some things I noticed, pretty good fights...would like to see some sort of side balancing in the final product for sure...right now it's like early war with 10 on one side 5 on another and 2 on the last.

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 08:45:36 AM »
I couldn't get it to load.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 11:35:38 AM »
Default FOV should be 120 IMO....one of the hardest things for new guys is SA and if your that "close" it makes it hard even for a veteran to track a plane.

Gunnery is a lot easier now IMO new tracers look awesome...the whirbs shooting from a field look legit.

Flight model seems easier, noticed it a lot in the 152s flat spin....it recovers a lot easier.

Milky way looks like a volcano exploded in the distance but the night in general is cool.

Clip board icons of planes and tanks are huge....is there a way to make those a lot smaller???

The scratch marks on the canopy sometimes stop very sharply so it goes from being a lot of scratches on it to none at all, this could be how HTC wants it.

Reflection from the moon off the canopy to the ground lights up a big area on ground instead of glaring the pilot so you can't see as well.

Just some things I noticed, pretty good fights...would like to see some sort of side balancing in the final product for sure...right now it's like early war with 10 on one side 5 on another and 2 on the last.

I feel like some planes also had slight adjustments such as the f4u-1a
When your at the bottom of a stall she doesn't want to do anything.

That 152 is unforgiving th lol
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle