Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12020 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »
Also, a clean install of Beta 15 on my i3 NotePad with no video card works! The OE as well as the TE and Game. Now I'm good for my road trip.
Frame rates are also up on that machine, not playable, but 50% better then they were at the defaults and good enough to shoot down a drone with mouse control inputs. Viewing terrain details should be possible with a joystick.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 12:52:34 PM »
Cannot see the flight time/weight of the plane or the white convergence slider in the hangar with shadows turned off.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 01:35:23 PM »
note to hitech:

i just flew the beta for the first time in a while.  flew my pony which i have done for a couple of years now.  the sound and visual cues are different so it looked to me like the flight model had changed, because that's what it looked like to me. other players also noticed that.

get ready for the whine from those who have never tried the beta.  btw advise players to turn shadows off.  i get 60 fps above 2k but only 17 or so at tree level.  with shadows off I go back to 59 fps.

but i can see the planes better in the beta at 17 fps than at 60 fps in ah2.  good job.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »
the skins on the planes are always at defaul no matter which skin you choose.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 01:42:26 PM »
Tankland: Took a tank from hangar, ran into the closest trees in MG position #3. Apparently the tank flipped. While doing that it disappeared. The landscape just rolled past my eyes endlessly no matter which F button I pushed, the view just changed a little from frog perspective to birds, mostly horizontal.

-5200,1033,893,-4.0,11.2,150.1
tankland
FOV = 7.0

Another field, spawned. Tried to reproduce the same but didn't seem to find similar trees. On the last attempt I managed to get stuck in a small forest. While backing I flipped again into an endless verticall loop partially in the netherworld.

-21216,1034,-3174,71.8,2.4,33.8
tankland
FOV = 64.0

A common feature in these two was that despite of being unable to see any vehicle I still could change between the MG and the Main Gun positions and fire rounds. In the MG position I only could hear one single shot, the rest of the rounds only showing as a diminishing number. Turning my "head" with the hat switch I could occasionally be able to hear another shot, or rather a "ziiingg".

The image doesn't somehow show everything that I wanted. On the left there should be water, on the right grass. However it shows the positions available and where I was.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 01:45:58 PM »
Icons are very transparent -- almost unreadable.  The "frame rate" info text is normal by comparison.

Popeye,

There is a GUI option under preferences, that allows you to change the color of icons.  Yes, the icons on planes now are somewhat transparent and even disappear when flying through a thick enough cloud.  I give applause for that.  I have always found that changing the color of the icons, depending upon terrain, and clipboard maps has been necessary in some instances.

I just hope that HTC continues to allow for the icons to slip behind clouds......... cannot wait to try that with low level clouds in WWI....  hint, hint!

Heya Semp,

They have not done conversions for skins yet, but I agree, it did seem that at one point we were able to choose skins of the non converted .......  Probably, before all of the environment map and shadows were added.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
Chilli,

I know about the GUI controls.  It's not the color of the icons -- my settings work just fine in AH2 -- it's that the icons are transparent and very hard to read compared to AH2.  I have no problem with clouds affecting the visibility of icons, but they are hard (for me) to read in clear sky.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 05:52:18 PM »
Odd lack of sounds in bomber.  films attached
Uncle Fred

Offline neodad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 06:28:48 PM »
Just downloaded the Beta for the first time.  Very smooth, no issues.

When loading the game I get "No active speakers found.  Sounds are disabled."  In Game Settings, Sounds I see that the game has identified the speakers and headset as "Plantronics".

Ideas?
~~~ The Unforgiven ~~~

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 06:34:45 PM »
PT Boats

This may have been posted already. I did not read everything.
The water is very calm but the boat is going up and down like there are large swells. Would it be
possible to add a trim command to PT Boats? It will be impossible or very difficult to shoot down
enemy airplanes regardless if the engine is running full speed or at a complete stop.

Otherwise, the PT Boats are very lifelike. 

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 09:03:28 PM »
Popeye,

My vision is pretty bad, and I take posts like your post to heart.  First thing that I noticed from your screenshot, is that you either have a very large monitor/ s, or you are using dynamic screen resolution.  I could see the contrast between the two fonts but both were a lot more legible than a lot of setups for my 32" screen.

Try a lower resolution and see if that helps.  There are also options to change the size of the fonts, both from the video settings (splash screen option) and from the GUI option.  HiTech has gone a good ways to make these things customizable. 

Again, if you haven't tried this yet, darkening or lightening GUI colors do make them pop better (depending on what colors and what gamma / brightness settings you are using).

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 09:41:40 PM »
The TE is Exporting a 32 bit splattype.bmp but on my FE the Import is not working unless that splattype.bmp is 24 bit. It took me a couple of hours to figure out what was happening.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:43:26 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline neodad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2016, 10:32:22 PM »
I am a dumb****.

Unplugged / plugged it back in and all is good.

Sorry

Just downloaded the Beta for the first time.  Very smooth, no issues.

When loading the game I get "No active speakers found.  Sounds are disabled."  In Game Settings, Sounds I see that the game has identified the speakers and headset as "Plantronics".

Ideas?
~~~ The Unforgiven ~~~

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 02:30:29 AM »
I can't believe that I am the only one getting motion sickness from the AH3 Beta. I have played many games, most of the COD titles all the Farcry titles and many more as well as AH2 for the last 8 years without a hint of motion sickness. But the minute I go into AH3 beta I sense the difference, It's almost instant. It's much worse if I fly but it's there from the orderly room on. Changing the view does nothing to alleviate the problem.

Looking on the net I find this has been a problem for years with some games. Having a point of focus helps in some cases but AH3 has the inside of the planes for that so that's not the problem. I thought the FPS might be the might be the problem but with the slider fixed I'm getting 60fps and the feeling is even worse. I fear that it's similar to what some see, me included, with Gopro videos and the way the framing is done.

Here is an article for you to read, http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/26/4862474/video-games-and-motion-sickness-dying-light-techland-fps

I only hope that the AH staff can figure out a fix for this because as it is now it's unplayable for me. 

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 03:42:05 AM »
qbert, have you eliminated the factors of your surrounding environment mentioned in the article you linked to, and those they're only referring to without exactly telling what they are?

Techland's testing turned up some factors not directly tied to development, such as how close players are sitting to the screen and poor illumination in players' surrounding environment, such as dim lightning or too bright of a television screen.

Things you can try:
https://hownottogame.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/how-to-prevent-motion-sickness-from-video-games/
http://xbox.about.com/od/buyersguide/a/vgmosick.htm
http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/simulator-sickness.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/10344914/Five-cures-for-digital-motion-sickness.html
http://motioneaze.com/2013/08/avoiding-motion-sickness-while-playing-video-games/

One thing that was repeatedly mentioned was adjusting FOV. Note that AH3 has a tighter FOV than AH2. It could be just that. Very easy to change.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni