Author Topic: New computer questions  (Read 397 times)

Offline Alpha81

• Zinc Member
New computer questions
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »
Gentlemen, thank you in advance for any advice...I am in the market for a new computer, other than occasionally using it for work I take home (MS Office specific) I use the computer to fly on line exclusively on your product. With the new version forthcoming, I was wondering if you could advice me as to where I should pay attention regarding the systems in the computer. Should I spend the extra money on video card, ram, etc... I wish to run the new version at full capacity. Once again, thanks for any insight.

Ps. I am a proverbial plug and play guy and have no real desire to learn the intricacies of the inner workings of the computer...yes, self admitted ignorant in that realm.
"it's a fire mister, and every fire is dangerous"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: New computer questions
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 01:55:17 PM »
For the video card, if you want good performance with all the graphic options enabled, then you would be looking at an NVidia 970, or better. 

We have an NVidia 980 (not the Ti) in house and it is getting over 100 FPS, or so with default graphic settings.

Any modern CPU running at 2.8GHz, or faster, will be fine.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Alpha81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 07:07:37 PM »
Thanks very much for the info! Apologize for posting in the wrong forum
"it's a fire mister, and every fire is dangerous"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 03:14:38 AM »
Also, just as a point of reference, I have a $130 GeForce 750 Ti and a $150 GeForce GTX 950 that get about 55-60 fps in AH3 beta with the default settings at a base with drones flying around it.

So, if you are on a budget, the $130-$150 range for graphics card seems acceptable by my (lower than maximum) standards.