Author Topic: After all the Recent Discussion......  (Read 3863 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
After all the Recent Discussion......
« on: April 09, 2016, 12:05:25 AM »
Given the recent discussion on the topic of floating in a chute, I find it very hard to believe that anybody would have the stones or stupidity to blatantly violate that specific rule, but alas, stupidity cannot be predicted.  Tonight one of my squaddies was killed outright on the re arm pad by JK from the squadron CLAIM JUMPERS with his .45.  Another squaddie was forced to end his flight or be killed, and a third squaddie was vulched following an obvious call from JK that planes were on the re arm pad.  I can understand that a new pilot may not be familiar with the rules, or the current topic on the BBS, but JK has been around for a while.  On top of this there is ZERO reason for this kind of childish behavior to come from a squadron that has been active in FSO for as long as I can remember.  This behavior shows an obvious disrespect of the rules of FSO, and no desire or effort by the CLAIM JUMPERS leadership to hold the squadron to any standard approaching respectable. 

The fact that a vulching aircraft showed up within 3 minutes of JK's actions shows that he was in communication with inbound squad mates who were also aware of his rule violations, and instead of putting a stop to them, acted upon them to get more kills.  How easy would it have been for the C.O. or whomever was in command at the time to simply tell him that he was in violation of the FSO Rules and tower immediately? 

Not very often are FSO rules so blatantly violated by a single person much less an entire group.  For this action to go un-punished on the squadron level would be very disappointing, and damaging, in my eyes, to the reputation of the FSO staff. 

<S>
Branch37
VF-17 "Jolly Rogers" C.O. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: After all the Recent Discussion......
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 12:20:40 AM »
while I don't disagree with branch, I'd rather see the player punished, rather then the entire squad. Yes they have been around a long time, and yes they know better. Squads are a group of individual, who hopefully know right from wrong. These are not real military groups with military precision and military rankings, but rather a bunch of people who like to play something together.

Go after the individual and warn the group. again I know id be upset too, but in order to preserve the game, Id rather see the individual punished. better to lose one player, then an entire squad.

my 2 cents  <S>

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 12:32:46 AM »
If you have any film please send it to me. warloc1841@gmail.com I will also look at the logs and make some inquiries. Sorry that that happened  :(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:38:23 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 12:38:42 AM »
check your email from captgary1ma@gmail

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 12:41:39 AM »
@ Branch37

One of your squad mates contacted me on 202 and indicated that he will send me his film.  I have not received said film yet.  I sent him my email address.

Once I receive that film it will be reviewed by the CM Staff and handled accordingly.

I am waiting on that film...

Please feel free to send me your film if you have it.  The sooner we can review it, the sooner we can make a determination.

Thanks!

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 12:46:11 AM »
Film received so I have what I need. I do not require anything else. Leave it with me. Thanks guys.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 12:48:03 AM »
Slip has film of the incident.  While I kinda agree with Jaeger, It's up to the squad leaders to bring those in that will act responsibly.  After all, if you bring them in under your banner they are now representing your squad in FSO.  No different then if one of my mechanics screws something up while I'm at lunch or on vacation, as the manager, I'm still responsible for their actions and have to take responsibility for it.  If I'm directly involved in the incident or not.  Now this did involve a ride in another aircraft and I'm suspecting with another squad, so how deep this rabbit hole goes, I'm not for sure.  I'll leave it to the powers that be from here.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 01:10:01 AM »
@ Branch37

One of your squad mates contacted me on 202 and indicated that he will send me his film.  I have not received said film yet.  I sent him my email address.

Once I receive that film it will be reviewed by the CM Staff and handled accordingly.

I am waiting on that film...

Please feel free to send me your film if you have it.  The sooner we can review it, the sooner we can make a determination.

Thanks!

I have sent the film.  Please confirm receipt.

The film actually shows multiple violations of this rule and that two members of the same squad walked to the field together, which would indicate some kind of coordination and likely vox channel use, meaning the squad should have been aware of it.

I'm sorry that this is being addressed on the boards, but this rules violation by veteran FSO pilots ended the night of several players and affected the scores of the event.  This is also not good for FSO participation, as nobody wants to participate in events where the rules can be ignored without consequence.  Yes, mistakes are made, but this was not accidental.

As a squad-oriented event, I hope stern action is taken at the squad level to demonstrate that intentionally violating rules puts your entire squad in jeopardy.  CO's and squadmates alike should be made aware that others will be penalized as a result of their intentionally breaking rules.  That is truly the only way to keep players from going rogue or claiming ignorance.

Again, I'm sorry to see this on the boards, Slipknot, but since it is out there, those are my comments on it.

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 01:11:42 AM »
I have it. Thanks.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 08:25:27 AM »
Tonight one of my squaddies was killed outright on the re arm pad by JK from the squadron CLAIM JUMPERS with his .45. 
Indefensible. No argument.

... and no desire or effort by the CLAIM JUMPERS leadership to hold the squadron to any standard approaching respectable. 
Subjective and just plain wrong. And, who is the arbiter of "respectable?"

The fact that a vulching aircraft showed up within 3 minutes of JK's actions shows that he was in communication with inbound squad mates who were also aware of his rule violations, and instead of putting a stop to them, acted upon them to get more kills.  How easy would it have been for the C.O. or whomever was in command at the time to simply tell him that he was in violation of the FSO Rules and tower immediately? 
Now to the purpose of this response:

I was unaware of any discussion of restricting people from floating down in chutes. I don't come to this forum on a regular basis. I have bailed, floated and reported what I saw many times. Usually the fight goes out of range quickly, and there is little material effect.

To communicate with incoming planes from a chute is "gamey" to be certain, but it was not a conspiracy.

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 08:33:23 AM »
From the FSO rules page:

"...
- Pilots are expected to do their "fighting" from the AC or GV's that they have been assigned to by their CiC. Once you have been shot down you should be heading to your tower. Shooting at the enemy with your .45 or drawing anti-aircraft fire with your pilot is not allowed. You may be suspended for doing so.
..."

"...
- Squad C.O.'s and X.O.'s are required to keep up with FSO via the Friday Squad Operations forum and ahevents email.
..."

"...
- Personal behavior of the pilots in the arena (including the text buffer) will be put to highest standard of honor and good sportsmanship. CO's will have to deal with the disruptive pilots from their squadrons.
..."

See this link for more detail:  http://www.ahevents.org/fso-rules.html
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:35:09 AM by Bino »

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 09:11:35 AM »
Guys if this is the way it's gonna be you have to factor in people. That's why we have rules. It's not this hard! If idjits are gonna bail and play around then, I said it in last month's thread abs I'll say it again - - - - NO BAILING!

There is no reason to bail out >IN FSO<. Other events assign points for bailed/ditched, but in FSO you either make it back in time alive or your plane is lost.

No bailing!

Simple.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 09:31:05 AM »
I know the film is on the way, but I just wanted to corroborate the sighting...

I observed a chute SE of A54 moving through the trees toward the base.  The fight was at treetops at this point in the Russian attack.  I had no idea what the end game would be.  Astonishing.

I'm going to agree with Drano.  It's the KISS method for us, I think, which isn't a bad thing.

Sad.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 10:07:30 AM »
I know the film is on the way, but I just wanted to corroborate the sighting...
No one is denying anything.

On the issue of idiot proofing, is there anyway to disable the hand gun? Though, I vaguely recall having a shootout with another pilot. It was fun, and had no effect on anything.

Reporting from the chute is in the same category as reporting from a sunken TG or having neutral airfields flashing publicly. All game exploits that have marginal effect.

Let's keep some perspective. FSO is about fun. We all share an appreciation of history and aviation. Let's keep it fun.

From the FSO rules page:

See this link for more detail:  http://www.ahevents.org/fso-rules.html

I confess to never having read the rules. I'll read them.

In terms of squad "leadership," I never aspired to any such thing. It is just that I enjoy FSO, and have been around for so long. :banana:
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 10:33:02 AM »
Guys if this is the way it's gonna be you have to factor in people. That's why we have rules. It's not this hard! If idjits are gonna bail and play around then, I said it in last month's thread abs I'll say it again - - - - NO BAILING!

There is no reason to bail out >IN FSO<. Other events assign points for bailed/ditched, but in FSO you either make it back in time alive or your plane is lost.

No bailing!

Simple.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have no problem with bailing. In fact, I use it in how i score VF-17's FSO sorties.  The way I understand the rule is that once you bail, you tower immediately.  Not much room for screwing around on the ground there.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.