Author Topic: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"  (Read 15873 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2016, 12:19:38 AM »
Except for those times you up as a squad and attack a base from which only 2 defenders up and an M3 is already rolling when you arrive?  Hey, JunkyII said it, not me.  Now, what I explained earlier is perfectly great as base capture approaches go... unless you aren't looking to capture, and if not, then why is resup a problem?  If you do what you say you do, as a squad, (upping as a squad and heading to the biggest horde you can find), then again... how is resup a problem?  JunkyII's initial post leaves little to the imagination... a squad heads to a base to capture it and it didn't work out, and JunkyII wants to make it easier.  I could be wrong <shrug>

I DON"T CARE ABOUT THE FIELD....I'm here for the fights that are spawned from the "war" not the war itself....the M3 resupply makes it so they don't have to actually engage enemies in order to keep fields...they are more interested in the war then the fights spawned from the war....which is the wrong mindset because to my understanding this game is a combat simulator and the war is just part of it to spawn combat....(And please don't say M3 resupply is combat..because sorry it's not....a whirb fighting it's way into town, killing trrops and locking down a map room....THAT's combat.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2016, 12:23:56 AM »
I have tried to explain to you why that is a bad idea and will not achieve the effect you want.

You can't tell this just like I can't tell if changing those times would make for better fights....so I will say your entitled to that opinion...I disagree....I think there is a middle ground where a field can be resupped after taking it or after a horde left that won't take too long but also wont be too fast that makes people more inclined to re supply a field to defend instead of upping fighters or tanks to engage in actual combat.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2016, 12:25:18 AM »
The train has derailed.   Adios on this one.
I'll just start a new one in the wishlist section   :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2016, 06:34:22 AM »
I've got a better idea. Triple the number of auto ack guns on airfields (only) and double their range. Town ack stays the same. Move the towns out of field ack range as necessary.

No. That is how we ended up with people who attack you from alt  and speed advantage, and when they miss, they then dive on down daring you to follow them to their ack so they can circle around and collect the proxie
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2016, 06:55:18 AM »
. . .If you do what you say you do, as a squad, (upping as a squad and heading to the biggest horde you can find), then again... how is resup a problem?  JunkyII's initial post leaves little to the imagination... a squad heads to a base to capture it and it didn't work out, and JunkyII wants to make it easier.  I could be wrong <shrug>

Tumor you are not wrong.  It is so interesting the supporter's of this pant load are so similar players.

Semp the resupply perks are nice for sure but they are not  motivational during a base attack yet they are for upping a town after a base capture.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2016, 07:22:34 AM »
  I'm in full agreement with Junky on the current state of "gameplay" in the LWA.
  As I see it,  the fact that currently more than half of AH's play base thinks hiding in field and/or town ack,
dragging low flying enemy fighters over wirbelwinds, and racing M3s to a town or field to get the
auto-ack and/or buildings back up constitutes a "defense". Sadly, given the current dynamics of the
game and the ridiculous lethality of wirbels, this actually works.
  It also works as a great "fun suck" to pilots looking to have some fun with a coordinated attack
or just plain furballing.
  It may merely be my perception, but I feel that a good number of the changes that those of us
who've been around for a long while have seen are to the detriment of "fighter" action.
  I've seen the numbers of ack increased at airfields. I've seen their height raised. I've seen the
introduction of "88s". I've seen the M16s supplanted by wirbelwinds. I've seen downed ack
almost instantaneously brought back into action with a cadre of M3 "pilots" resupplying a field
or town.
  People will -always- "game the game", there's no getting around that. However, there are
a number of things which could be done to bring back "the good old days". And yes, they
really were "good".
  Some minor tinkering makes a HUGE difference in gameplay. Hell, the "flag" implementation
in towns was pure genius and afforded pilots involved in coordinated attacks on fields
a much greater feel for their impact/contributions toward a base capture.
One single, minor change and look at how much excitement it generated (and continues to do so).
"White Flag!" gets screamed out on local constantly these days. It's an adrenaline rush at times.
  Anyway, bottom line is I personally would like to see some "tinkering" down. If a change doesn't
"work", then fine, revert to the original and try something else.

Odd

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »

I DON"T CARE ABOUT THE FIELD....I'm here for the fights that are spawned from the "war" not the war itself....the M3 resupply makes it so they don't have to actually engage enemies in order to keep fields...they are more interested in the war then the fights spawned from the war....which is the wrong mindset because to my understanding this game is a combat simulator and the war is just part of it to spawn combat....(And please don't say M3 resupply is combat..because sorry it's not....a whirb fighting it's way into town, killing trrops and locking down a map room....THAT's combat.

Ok look dude, I'm not being sarcastic or trying to insult you or anyone else, but you just defined your own dilema.  The war itself IS the GAME, which is considered a "combined arms" combat simulation GAME.  You are doing what people have been doing since the beginning of AH Time, and that is to change the game to better fit your personal liking.  Hey, I would just love it if HiTech would make pilots heads snap off, like they should, when they pull some of the ridiculous maneuvers we see as standard flight in Aces High.  ~I~ think it would make the GAME a whole hell of a lot more like a WW2 combat simulation... but it ain't gonna happen, too many people would whine and leave.  ~I~ think suicide-tards & bomb-n-bailers SHOULD have SOME kind of penalty for... heck what, acting like petulant children?  Ain't gonna happen... they need their game too, and HTC needs their subscription.

And I would add Randy1 or whoever... semp is not a "pant load" and neither is JunkyII.  Most of the REST of the POTW pretty much are but not these guys. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:33:25 AM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2016, 07:47:43 AM »
  I'm in full agreement with Junky on the current state of "gameplay" in the LWA.
  As I see it,  the fact that currently more than half of AH's play base thinks hiding in field and/or town ack,
dragging low flying enemy fighters over wirbelwinds, and racing M3s to a town or field to get the
auto-ack and/or buildings back up constitutes a "defense". Sadly, given the current dynamics of the
game and the ridiculous lethality of wirbels, this actually works.
  It also works as a great "fun suck" to pilots looking to have some fun with a coordinated attack
or just plain furballing.
  It may merely be my perception, but I feel that a good number of the changes that those of us
who've been around for a long while have seen are to the detriment of "fighter" action.
  I've seen the numbers of ack increased at airfields. I've seen their height raised. I've seen the
introduction of "88s". I've seen the M16s supplanted by wirbelwinds. I've seen downed ack
almost instantaneously brought back into action with a cadre of M3 "pilots" resupplying a field
or town.
  People will -always- "game the game", there's no getting around that. However, there are
a number of things which could be done to bring back "the good old days". And yes, they
really were "good".
  Some minor tinkering makes a HUGE difference in gameplay. Hell, the "flag" implementation
in towns was pure genius and afforded pilots involved in coordinated attacks on fields
a much greater feel for their impact/contributions toward a base capture.
One single, minor change and look at how much excitement it generated (and continues to do so).
"White Flag!" gets screamed out on local constantly these days. It's an adrenaline rush at times.
  Anyway, bottom line is I personally would like to see some "tinkering" down. If a change doesn't
"work", then fine, revert to the original and try something else.

Odd

I agree with your overall assessment Odd, but.... the simple answer to JunkyII's position is to take out the VH's or supplies.  It's not hard and dumbing down the game (more) isn't going to help.  Although, yes... The Wirble, that old failure that was replaced by the Ostwind for lack of effectiveness in real life... is beyond ridiculous.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2016, 08:08:28 AM »
If you roll 6-7 people at one time from a base they can't vulch you all. That's how you beat the hoard off the ground. It takes a small team effort. The other best way to kill a hoard is to bring your temp or 262 from another base. It kills me on some maps when the closest base around is 40 miles away and there is nothing you can do to combat the hoard from a back base. This is how you get kills! And have a lot of fun.

When you capture a base, simply kill the VH, the ack at the field and get 2 Lancaster's to kill the town, finish it with your 110s. Sneak the M3/C47 in. If you cant keep a cap on the base you won't take it. There is no need to kill the entire field. Then you can resup the base after you take it.

It's unfortunate that so many players have to hide in tanks in this game, but most are just too affraid of dying and actually getting better. I personally just think it's a cop out. You don't really need tanks to be successful in this game, but I guess some people enjoy being parked under a tree for 2 hours pushing a trigger.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2016, 08:31:18 AM »
This one is cooked.

Wish NOT granted.

HiTech