Author Topic: Couple of new Gun purchases  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Couple of new Gun purchases
« on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
Acquisition #1--This one for the wife , birthday present...a 1978 Bauer Stainless .25 ACP, faux pearl, never fired with case. A "Mouse" gun if you will. Cute though! And hopefully she'll never have to use it but she wanted convenience over size/caliber. I told her "You can always chuck the pistol when you run out of .25 ACP at the perp!" Basically a Browning knock off, except "well made".

Acquisition #2
S&W .357 magnum Model 66-3, pre-lock in SS, 6" barrel. Stole this in an auction so cheap you'd crap your pants if you knew for how much. The lack of a noticeable turn line on the cylinder would say that it's been fired very little, but it's not in my hands until tomorrow (Shipping from Maine)  I've always wanted a 357 magnum, bucket list #48 fulfilled!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:43:21 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Couple of new Gun purchases
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 09:48:12 PM »
Great shots; love last one; :aok

I remember reading somewhere  " all who draw the sword will die by the sword" .

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 10:02:50 PM »
Not these days Ghi. All who draw the sword will die by the gun. Ref: Indiana Jones.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:03:45 PM »
That's like both guns Sledge Hammer used in the tv series!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 06:50:21 AM »
Not these days Ghi. All who draw the sword will die by the gun. Ref: Indiana Jones.

Ha.   :aok

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 07:18:01 AM »
And hopefully she'll never have to use it but she wanted convenience over size/caliber.

- oldman

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 10:40:22 AM »
 :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 11:20:59 AM »
Nice S&W there Rip. Unless you have a thing for those so called magna grips, get a nice set of hogues. Keep the original grips, it helps with resale value later on should you decide to turn the gun.

The 66 is my favorite of the revolvers. Great balance and handling characteristics. Should stand up to a decent amount of magnums use. If you practice with 38's it will last longer than a couple lifetimes. Used a 4" version as my first duty gun and got a 2.5" for off duty many moons ago. Both more accurate than I am.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »
Oldman, LOL!!!!

Thanks Mav! My stepdads service revolver was a S&W .357 mag too but unsure if it was a 19 or a 66.

His was blued as well.

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 04:52:46 PM »
Handguns are definitely about shot placement.  Let me repeat: Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.  Even when it comes to shooting someone in the head, shot placement counts.  My mother worked for EMS for 30 years.  On 4 different occasions she talked about people getting shot in the head, and the bullet actually deflecting off the skull and not penetrating.  Fortunately, most of these survivors were gas station clerks.
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »
Why? Are you a gas station clerk?

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 05:20:15 PM »
In the 1990s, criminals would rob convenience stores and gas stations, then kill the clerk so that there would be not witnesses to the crime.  This would usually happen late at night when there were not any customers around.

But no, I am not a gas station clerk.
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 05:46:04 PM »
Acquisition #1--This one for the wife , birthday present...a 1978 Bauer Stainless .25 ACP, faux pearl, never fired with case. A "Mouse" gun if you will. Cute though! And hopefully she'll never have to use it but she wanted convenience over size/caliber. I told her "You can always chuck the pistol when you run out of .25 ACP at the perp!" Basically a Browning knock off, except "well made".

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)i have a similar magnum

Acquisition #2
S&W .357 magnum Model 66-3, pre-lock in SS, 6" barrel. Stole this in an auction so cheap you'd crap your pants if you knew for how much. The lack of a noticeable turn line on the cylinder would say that it's been fired very little, but it's not in my hands until tomorrow (Shipping from Maine)  I've always wanted a 357 magnum, bucket list #48 fulfilled!

CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 06:20:39 PM »
I'm in the market for a German Model 98k Carbine (short rifle). Not looking for some high-quality museum piece, but I don't want some cheap satellite produced replica/captured either. I already have some historical pieces including a soviet 1943 mosin-nagant, German 1942 walther p38, and a japanese type 99 arisaka short rifle that I picked up directly from local shops. Little leery about online dealers and auction websites, but I know there are some good deals out there to hunt up. Any particular suggestions?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:34:26 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 06:22:40 PM »
I'm not a fan of any self defense caliber under .38; as for the .357, you must watch for over penetration.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC