Author Topic: AH3 Vs AH2  (Read 10872 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: AH3 Vs AH2
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:03 AM »
A lot. I have noticed that many don't like to engage unless they have some kind of advantage. It is one of the reasons I try and fly lower and act like easy meat.

Opposition isn't something to be avoided! Worse yet, using 2500 lbs of ord on each fighter hanger at an airbase for a brief 15 minute window is a poor use of resources, unless the plan is to push the enemy back to his own field from your own.

As much as I don't enjoy it, I would be willing to be part of a team to show how it can be done if anyone is interested.
Next time I see you on I'll group up with you...heck I'll even bring the troops. A lot forget that a lot of the so called "furballers" actually have done the land grab game...we just found more challenge in the ACM portion of the game.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:45 AM »
Randy, jf you're interested I would be willing to work with you if you would like to hone your P38 skills. In the past you have attended one or two of my P38 clinics, and I hope they helped.  While. I may not be a Trainer anymore due to time constraints, I am more than willing to help you out.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2016, 11:55:23 AM »
Randy, you were doing a pretty good job defending the base last night. You were in a tough spot obviously, and your team wasn't doing much to fight the hoard from a base 13 miles away. But, you can either be apart of it like your were, or sit in the tower. Which is more fun? Just because you get jumped, think of all the skills you are working on having to avoid 20 planes shooting at you.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2016, 11:58:34 AM »
think of all the skills you are working on having to avoid 20 planes shooting at you.

Also known as the 'Latrobe Effect', I really miss that guy.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2016, 12:26:37 PM »
I am starting to think Randy1 accuses anyone decent at this game of vulching,  only to make himself feel better about being terrible at it.

To take a base without taking down the hangers you have to kill all uppers on the runway or very soon after lifting off the runway.  Most consider that vulching. Is that a wrong definition as commonly used in AH?

A successful vulch cap can lead to a base capture although I would say 50% of caped, deack'ed runways, are score oriented often leaving the town untouched.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:39:11 PM by Randy1 »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2016, 01:03:16 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:54:11 PM by hitech »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2016, 02:34:15 PM »
I've watched and been part of knights vulching one field to have their home field or a nearby field taken by one guy in bombers and a few in M3. Or we knights happily keep upping to defend a field as long as the fighter hangers or VH is up to loose it because we get ADHD over the micro fight furball in progress. We almost never launch a rescue mission from a close by airfield to CAP out the attackers and kill the bombers. We might run in with tanks and maybe some M3 with supplies.

But, when the moon is blue and enough none furball guys suddenly realize they have deacked and gotten control of an enemy field. More often we circle around until we give the field back, visa the rebuild timer, or M3 energizer bunnys running unopposed to the town and field, single finger saluting the knights. Knights loose more guys to the ack vulching than they would by killing the ack. Everyone wants to save their ammo for the single upper while a rescue force with alt is dropping down on them pushing them into the ack. And then we are stuck running in the grass back to safer territory just to turn around to try and furball in the grass again.<<<---definition of insanity.......

And the lord forbid the knight who drops the field and town thinking the knights will logically take the base. He might as well be a bish or rook based on the things yelled at him on range.

If the bish and rook furballed at low alt like the knights no matter what kind of field the knights try to take, the knights will usually mop them up and maybe take the field. And if the bish and rook didn't come back with rescue forces at alt and furballed in the grass with the knights, they would get mopped up. The knights are stuck in a rut of doing everything as a low alt furball. So it's easy for the bish and rooks to beat the knights by taking their fields instead of furballing with them. And the bish and rook learned they can stay alive by coming in high, "HO and running", to fight another day while our bases are captured behind us.

Makes me wonder if the babyboomers are mostly knights, with millennial's and genxers distributed across the bish and rooks.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
Randy, you were doing a pretty good job defending the base last night. You were in a tough spot obviously, and your team wasn't doing much to fight the hoard from a base 13 miles away. But, you can either be apart of it like your were, or sit in the tower. Which is more fun? Just because you get jumped, think of all the skills you are working on having to avoid 20 planes shooting at you.

I appreciate your kind words.  That was a tough one for sure.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2016, 03:22:56 PM »
75% of the time I have to basically give someone my six o'clock to get them to fight! EVEN then sometimes they will still end up running away! It is mind blowing to me.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2016, 03:27:27 PM »
Hey Traveler, are you going to be able to migrate with us to AH3?
Yes, I tried the Bata for a few hours, when they asked everyone to a few weeks ago.  I ran it with everything turned up full blase and it ran fine.  I uninstalled it and will wait for the actual go live of AH III to run it again.  Not sure that what's left of my squad will be as lucky, however, they have the resources to upgrade if they so chose.  We been flying together since AW, came over to AH when AW went belly up.  I and several members of my squad think the graphic's of AH2 are just fine and wish that more would be done to improve the game.  Would love to see Engineer troops added to the mix for the town and base rebuilding,  Would love to see realistic road system and river system with bridges that could be used as choke points to slow enemy advance.  Destroy a bridge and have to bring in troops to recapture the bridge and hold so engineer troops can be brought in with supplies to rebuild the bridge.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2016, 03:42:45 PM »
Yes, I tried the Bata for a few hours, when they asked everyone to a few weeks ago.  I ran it with everything turned up full blase and it ran fine.  I uninstalled it and will wait for the actual go live of AH III to run it again.  Not sure that what's left of my squad will be as lucky, however, they have the resources to upgrade if they so chose.  We been flying together since AW, came over to AH when AW went belly up.  I and several members of my squad think the graphic's of AH2 are just fine and wish that more would be done to improve the game.  Would love to see Engineer troops added to the mix for the town and base rebuilding,  Would love to see realistic road system and river system with bridges that could be used as choke points to slow enemy advance.  Destroy a bridge and have to bring in troops to recapture the bridge and hold so engineer troops can be brought in with supplies to rebuild the bridge.

This isn't the America's Army forum, this is Aces High.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2016, 03:46:52 PM »
They're going to have to since AH2 will be going bye-bye when AH3 is out of beta.  Or do you expect HTC to keep a AH2 server just for you and your squadron?
No, they may not be able to afford to upgrade.  I don't expect HTC to do anything for his customers that can't make the transaction to AH3, whenever it is that  AH3 goes live.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2016, 03:51:37 PM »

:rofl
Top Gun

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »

Didn't say it was, but providing more elements to fight over can only improve the game play and perhaps attract more players.  With AH2's fantastic flight models that no other flight sim can hold a candle to, one has to wonder how is it that the customer base continues to decline, It's the best WWII flight model out there, right,  perhaps more people would like more than just furballing or capture the flag. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2016, 04:45:43 PM »
I ran it with everything turned up full blase and it ran fine. I uninstalled it and will wait for the actual go live of AH III to run it again.  Not sure that what's left of my squad will be as lucky, however, they have the resources to upgrade if they so chose. We been flying together since AW, came over to AH when AW went belly up.  I and several members of my squad think the graphic's of AH2 are just fine and wish that more would be done to improve the game.

I was never on the 'improved graphics will save the game' bandwagon, either ... but I had to upgrade when coming over from AW. I noticed you ran AHIII with all its bells and whistles. It can be run with reduced settings and still be quite enjoyable (it's what I gotta do right now). Eventually, I'll upgrade ... but until then, the system I have will do. Perhaps the same holds for your squadies. If they can hold 60 fps in AHII I'll wager they can hold 30 or more in AHIII with the right settings. I'm just saying this because I want all of you to make the transition (which is inevitable).