Author Topic: AH3 Vs AH2  (Read 10880 times)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: AH3 Vs AH2
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 04:37:26 PM »
The cold hard truth is if people are unwilling, or unable to upgrade to play AH3 they will have to leave. AH2's days are numbered, when AH3 goes live AH2 will cease to exist. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,378826.0.html

Instead of threatening to leave maybe they should be working on how they can stay. You don't need a bleeding edge machine to play AH3, and it may not be that expensive for them to upgrade. I'm running an E8400, 4GB ram, GTX480 1.5GB vid card, win7 64, and I get playable frame rates.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 04:46:41 PM »
Delirium, which bases did you capture with all the hangers up?

No one ever reads my post, which is too bad, because all the information is pertinent to being successful in AH. I'll go ahead and tell you the secret strategy of base taking anyway.

1. Get 5-6 people. Go NOE. That's all you really need. More the marrier.
2. 5 people get heavy 110s, 1 person gets the M3 or C47
3. 1 person immediatly kills the VH. Another person kills the radar. These 2 then proceed to kill the AAA on the base. These 2 also cap the base from any uppers. Yayaua easy kills.
4. The 3 others attack the town. 3 people should be able to kill it quickly. Have 1 go for AAA, the other 2 bomb and shoot buildings.
5. You have a white flag, no VH, No AAA, and a cap over the base.
6.  Send in the C47 or M3. Easy capture.
7. Profit.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:50:05 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 05:34:47 PM »
Exactly!!! They figure it out too late? They been VIOLATED!!!lol
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 06:44:18 PM »
It's a good thing this isn't realistic war, because nobody would play. The bases are too far apart, people kill hangars and radar, people resupply fields, or don't. Nobody mentions a damned positive thing about this game, like how you can talk to people from all over the world and make friends, or what a challenge it is to learn all the planes and fly them well. No one mentions the honor some players exhibit, such as...out of gas? go home we'll fight another time. This has happened to me on both ends more than once. Or how about the guys that will go into the DA with you and kill you a million times until you learn how to fight. Thanks to Dolby, Latrobe, Barkhorn, RedBull, Mechanic, Simon...hell the list is endless. It's sickening to me that there are so many people in this forum who do nothing but complain and try to make other people play the way they want them too, or that they can't fly their low ENY planes, or yada yada yada. Appreciate what you have, encourage new players, and QUIT FREAKING COMPLAINING!!!!!

So what your saying is all of us should be happy playing the game YOUR way right?   :rolleyes:

You may enjoy playing the game a certain way and for you all is good. However many of us have seen the type of play we like disappear. Dolby and Snuggie have far fewer fight than they have before, heck even Bruv only lands 2 or 3 kills now adays.

Travelers and his crew use to attack a base in heavy 38s making the bombing and rocket runs the priority. Then came the fighting. I don't remember them flying goons but they did work with others for captures, but I don't think that was ever their point of the mission. I think they enjoyed upping as a group using typical radio chatter that fit the mission. Made there attack runs and try to cover their wingmen as they fought there way out trying to RTB all aircraft.

Now nobody defends so whats the point? Their missions get easy and boring. The only "team work" you see any more is a horde. Large maps make it worst, most players feel the only way to get anything done is build a horde.

5-6 people for a mission is great, but whats the point of hiding in an NOE? For me the mission is to use different tactics and routes to confuse the enemy as to what our plan is, then attack and fight it out. Taking the base is secondary, fighting for it is the main purpose. Running NOE, or not running into defenders just makes it another "porking" run, wheres the fun in that?

I hope when AH3 goes live that there will be other changes that will tweak game play. Running in the Beta I can see GVin is going to be a bit different. I also think we may see a lot more running on the deck/NOE crap as those trees make it hard to spot low targets, but we will see.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 07:30:24 PM »
No one ever reads my post, which is too bad, because all the information is pertinent to being successful in AH. I'll go ahead and tell you the secret strategy of base taking anyway.

1. Get 5-6 people. Go NOE. That's all you really need. More the marrier.
2. 5 people get heavy 110s, 1 person gets the M3 or C47
3. 1 person immediatly kills the VH. Another person kills the radar. These 2 then proceed to kill the AAA on the base. These 2 also cap the base from any uppers. Yayaua easy kills.
4. The 3 others attack the town. 3 people should be able to kill it quickly. Have 1 go for AAA, the other 2 bomb and shoot buildings.
5. You have a white flag, no VH, No AAA, and a cap over the base.
6.  Send in the C47 or M3. Easy capture.
7. Profit.

Well said Violator. :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 08:11:34 PM »
I was consistently landing 4-7 kills the other day just putzing around in a 262 killing buffs on single fuel/ammo loads.  Got 8 the other day in a Ki61 (though 3 were proxy), 4 in a G14 with only 65 rounds of ammo... all sorts of good stuff.

Are there less people? Yes.  Are the fights more sporadic?  Yes.  Is there a lack of things to kill?  No.

A lot of it comes down to anticipating where an attack is going to be.  Gone are the days of good furballs, for even if one appears there are fun police there to shut it down immediately from one side or another, mostly because people are furballing and not 'helping win the war'.

My searching for kills basically comes down to this -- Check the front, find out where they are attacking... look for something away from where they're attacking with an ord up base in range...  assume they're going to attack the undefended base because there are dar bars in the sector they just attacked...  fly in at low altitude and patrol the route between those bases.  There's a lot of times that you end up with nothing, or maybe 1 guy upping because he saw a dar bar...  but more often than not you run into a horde of low skill players willing to sacrifice themselves upon the altar of the Gods of the Tater...  and the Gods do smell the sacrifice and sup upon it's wretched fragrance of blood, steel and oil... and it is good.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2016, 10:15:31 PM »
Nvm.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:23:12 PM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 11:18:36 PM »
Wilbur, I'll agree that when a fight does start up there is plenty of people to kill....but I'm not waiting 2 hours in a tower to find that fight. I've resorted to posting my location and plane and letting enemy planes get more alt then me before moving to engage them...just to get a fight...

Have had some fun fights though lately...but it seems every time something fun like that starts up everyone leaves to go get M3s tell resupply, they sit in man guns or they go to the other front to hit amother area without any red guys.

Oh and the Yak 3s have truly started to invest the arena...I might actually say that the Yak 3 is easier to use in MA then the Spit 16 or LA7...

Oh and the HOs have spiked a lot...probably because of "big name" n1k pilots doing it makes everyone think it's the way it should be....which IMO is lame and requires 0 talent.

To be honest....it takes work to find fun in AH2, I hope AH3 brings more willingness to learn to fight instead of the case right now where a lot of people avoid combat at all costs for the war.....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 12:10:56 AM »
I will never play AHIIII :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 05:44:41 AM »

. . . dominate a base by killing hangers in preparation for capture. The current numbers just don't support that style of gameplay, you need to adapt to the changes. Try taking a field with the hangers up, or explore other dimensions of the game.

Not sure what time you play but base take by hanger destruction is live and well.  Do you ever do base defense?

Are you saying dive bombing is dead?  What about bombers. 

Your vulch method of base take is good for fighter scores.  Not much else.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 06:21:22 AM »
Not sure what time you play but base take by hanger destruction is live and well.  Do you ever do base defense?

What's more fun... Rolling with infinite lives off a base that is being capped in order to fight the hoard, oooor, not rolling at all and sitting in the tower watching your base get demolished. Does it suck to be at a huge disadvantage, and potentially be an easy kill? Sure... But if you just focus on having a good time and trying to fight back, that's fun and challenging. It also helps you get better with your SA skills and your defense skills. If you can get 4 or 5 guys to roll with you at the same time, you might prevent the cap.

I know it's tough in those situations, but I'm just saying. People need to not be so affraid of a death.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:06:20 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 07:04:05 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:32:30 AM by hitech »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2016, 07:20:33 AM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:32:45 AM by hitech »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2016, 07:58:58 AM »
Not sure what time you play but base take by hanger destruction is live and well.  Do you ever do base defense?.

A lot. I have noticed that many don't like to engage unless they have some kind of advantage. It is one of the reasons I try and fly lower and act like easy meat.

Opposition isn't something to be avoided! Worse yet, using 2500 lbs of ord on each fighter hanger at an airbase for a brief 15 minute window is a poor use of resources, unless the plan is to push the enemy back to his own field from your own.

As much as I don't enjoy it, I would be willing to be part of a team to show how it can be done if anyone is interested.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 08:17:06 AM »

I am starting to think Randy1 accuses anyone decent at this game of vulching,  only to make himself feel better about being terrible at it.