Author Topic: AH3 Vs AH2  (Read 10881 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
AH3 Vs AH2
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:17:47 AM »
Saturday night during prime time,  I joined up with my squad only to discover that the LWA was far from it's normal numbers for prime time on a Saturday night.  During the evening I noticed text messages from CM's running an event in AH3 drawing even more people away from AH2.  That left the subscriber base still in AH2 at a lose for numbers.   At one point less than 150 players and of course on a large map.  My squad logged early that night.  I got e-mails from more squad members that they will not be flying any more, our squad numbers have declined from a high of 20 to a new low of 3.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: AH3 Vs AH2
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:22:50 AM »
 :eek:
Top Gun

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »
So instead of going to the AH3 event they quit.... :rofl
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:10:25 AM »
Seeing as it was the fester map I can see those numbers even without something going on in AH3.

I agree we need to remove the large maps for now to concentrate the numbers we do have. Once AH3 is launched the numbers should be up to what we have been running for the past few months anyway.

Why you squad is leaving is because they are bored. A lot of the game play has changed  and most of it not for the better. Hopefully when AH3 comes out HTC will have made some tweaks to adjust game play some what.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
Saturday night during prime time,  I joined up with my squad only to discover that the LWA was far from it's normal numbers for prime time on a Saturday night.  During the evening I noticed text messages from CM's running an event in AH3 drawing even more people away from AH2.  That left the subscriber base still in AH2 at a lose for numbers.

Yeah.  Those twelve guys in there really would've made a huge difference in the MA.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good doomsaying screed.  :aok

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »
Yeah.  Those twelve guys in there really would've made a huge difference in the MA.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good doomsaying screed.  :aok

Wiley.

:aok

From another thread....
It was raining yesterday...I logged on there was 48 people on...I tanked for awhile...was tons of fun, though I died many many times...

I upped a fighter flew to a base with no dar bar...was met by 5 guys...I killed 2 and summarily died...was great fun...
Upped another fighter, flew back to the same base with a single con dar bar showing...met 4 guys...killed 1, ran out of ammo trying to kill another and died...was great fun....

THERE WERE LESS THAN 50 PLAYERS ON...I HAD TONS OF FUN!!!!!
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »
When there is 150 ppl on you have to really hide not to get into a fight...would have put this in last post but the BBS doesn't like my phone... :noid
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 09:53:01 AM »
Honestly, non primetime air to air play is less than stellar lately.  The last few weekends when I logged in during the afternoon, both nit fronts generally had around 4 to 6 enemy aircraft on them with around 80-90 people on.  Occasionally there would be a flareup and there'd be a base take attempt, but it seems a lot rarer lately.

I hope AH3 will bring in more aircraft centric players.  Only time will tell.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »
Honestly, non primetime air to air play is less than stellar lately.  The last few weekends when I logged in during the afternoon, both nit fronts generally had around 4 to 6 enemy aircraft on them with around 80-90 people on.  Occasionally there would be a flareup and there'd be a base take attempt, but it seems a lot rarer lately.

I hope AH3 will bring in more aircraft centric players.  Only time will tell.

Wiley.

I haven't been in the MA but for maybe an hour at most this month.  Since the Beta is out there is nothing quite frankly in the MA that intrigues me.

There are a few things in Beta that need some minor work.  Other then that I consider AHII a dead horse.  Nothing to see or do in AHII that I haven't seen or done before.

I do wish that more were in Beta on a consistent basis.  When there are 20 there fighting it is fun.  When less it can be boring.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
I had a very hard time finding a fight last night. It is frustrating to have your free time eaten up just flying around, I literally burned over 2,000lbs of fuel and found two aircraft.

As disappointed as I was, I stayed online and made it abundantly clear that I was willing to be ganged, picked, and I would not fly over 3k. Guess what? I had a blast! I want to do this every night and I am eagerly looking forward to playing tonight.

Traveler, I think your biggest problem is the fact your squad likes to dominate a base by killing hangers in preparation for capture. The current numbers just don't support that style of gameplay, you need to adapt to the changes. Try taking a field with the hangers up, or explore other dimensions of the game.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 12:19:46 PM »
At least lets hope that Traveler or his squad mates will be able to join us in AH3 when it goes live and AH2 is retired.

After alpha testing and now the beta, sometimes I get mental terrain monotony and boredom from AH2 flying for any long period of time to get some place. The best way to compare it would be AW3 versus AH2. Or Aw for DOS versus Aw3. The saving grace in AH has always been the detail of the rides and the action when you get to your destination. But, now with AH3, it is both the detail of the terrain and the rides along with the sun and stars and the action.

Because of the trees in the beta, the new spotting plane will be a lanc with 14 1000lb bombs. Lining up shots with the tank attacker rides now feeds you directly into the tank commander's gun because of those trees. Only a really new noob GV driver will move in the open now.

If players are choosing to migrate to the beta for events, that is a good thing. They are voting confidence in AH3 by enjoying the beta in the face of any current issues and known bugs.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 12:24:26 PM »
It's difficult to test the new special events arena without running a couple of events in it...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 12:26:30 PM »
I've said before that this game is a blast with only 8 players on. It's all about the type of game play you are looking for and the types of aircraft you are fighting agaisnt.

Want to fly P51Ds and 190Ds at 30k and then run from any site of loss advantage, you will be bored, and so will the players you come across. You want to destroy CVs and Fighter hangers every time someone rolls, you will make the game boring.

I'm not saying that it's not part of the game, but when you realize that you are practically creating an environment where no enemies can take off, you thus create a smaller fight, and thus make it boring. When people don't want to roll or can't roll, they will find something else to do.

If you want action you simply cannot fly timidly or fly the easiest planes at the highest alts. You have fly low and play defensively (pretty much like delirium said). You have to fly planes that can create a good fight. Fly planes that are challenging. The harder slower planes really make the game a lot more exciting for everyone. If you fly low and aggressive the game really is exciting.

The only other incentive I can say to have better fights, and I've said before, is for the new map makers of Beta to make the bases closer together. Try 18 miles instead of 25. I think it would make a huge difference in the excitement of fights, the maps should be a bit smaller also.

Also, I really think the Radars need to be harder to kill. New players just do not understand the Dar Bars. They don't know where to go to find people to fight. I think if Dot dars stayed up people would be able to find action much easier. At least making the Dar harder to kill would allow players to find the action rather than sitting in the tower contemplating wether to roll or not.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:34:15 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
I would like to see Beta night once a week say Wednesday.  That is one night when all arenas are closed except for Beta.  Each week would get a different map.  No scoring if that makes it easier for HTC.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 12:36:14 PM »
It's a good thing this isn't realistic war, because nobody would play. The bases are too far apart, people kill hangars and radar, people resupply fields, or don't. Nobody mentions a damned positive thing about this game, like how you can talk to people from all over the world and make friends, or what a challenge it is to learn all the planes and fly them well. No one mentions the honor some players exhibit, such as...out of gas? go home we'll fight another time. This has happened to me on both ends more than once. Or how about the guys that will go into the DA with you and kill you a million times until you learn how to fight. Thanks to Dolby, Latrobe, Barkhorn, RedBull, Mechanic, Simon...hell the list is endless. It's sickening to me that there are so many people in this forum who do nothing but complain and try to make other people play the way they want them too, or that they can't fly their low ENY planes, or yada yada yada. Appreciate what you have, encourage new players, and QUIT FREAKING COMPLAINING!!!!!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"