Author Topic: AH3 Vs AH2  (Read 10888 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH3 Vs AH2
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »
What did mean?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2016, 03:37:10 PM »
Does anyone know anyone who has been asked by Hitech to convert MA maps for AH3? Or is that another area Hitech has asked those players to not communicate about the work in progress?

So far we all know a whole lot about nothing when it comes to the AH3 go live and what the whole beast will look like. As is, you gents are projecting personal frustrations about AH2 onto AH3. None of us know squat what day 1 live AH3 will look like.

Does anyone remember an Iowa class battleship was tested back around the late alpha 80's patches? Anyone have a clue how it will be introduced as a combat resource? I still have it as part of my task groups in my offline gunnery terrain. Instead of the 6-8 salvos from the cruiser 8inch guns to drop the CV. It takes 3 salvos from the battleship to sink the CV with a reload time 2x that of the cruiser guns. The battleship also candles exactly like the CV to let you see the task force from a distance after combat with it starts.

Hitech to this day has told no one at any stage of testing since 2014 what AH3 will look like or play like.

Everyone has always been free to build their dream terrains as long as they follow the requirements for use in the MA. Fester is about the only furballer who ever got off his thoockus and created terrains instead of whining about them in the forums. It's a tad lame to whine about other's ideas of a good MA terrain when you can throw your own out there to be attacked by the community to your face if your ideas suck.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2016, 04:00:10 PM »
bustr, get off the high horse!

All the OP asked, or pointed out are the issues with AH2 and the lack of numbers and the relationship with the AH3. HTC COULD help things out by removing the large terrains for now. Nothing permanent, but until the numbers start to climb again.....hopefully.

The CM decision to run something in the beta, whether it was for testing or just to try something for themselves, on a weekend may not have been a good time for it, but I can see it may be the only time they could get a better turn out for themselves.

The point is many are just barely hanging on right now and what many believe could be little, easy changes, could help ease the issues.

Your tooting your horn and calling out others that complain doesn't help any. Basically your saying suck it up and enjoy it or leave. As I said there are many that are just hanging on waiting to see what AH3 will bring. Adding in the frustrations that many believe could be tweaked so easily and your looking at a good size group that may choose to just call it quits BEFORE AH3 goes live.

These broads are for people to voice opinions..... even you. There really isn't any need to jump down anyone's throat.     

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2016, 06:32:07 PM »
Does anyone know anyone who has been asked by Hitech to convert MA maps for AH3? Or is that another area Hitech has asked those players to not communicate about the work in progress?

So far we all know a whole lot about nothing when it comes to the AH3 go live and what the whole beast will look like. As is, you gents are projecting personal frustrations about AH2 onto AH3. None of us know squat what day 1 live AH3 will look like.

Does anyone remember an Iowa class battleship was tested back around the late alpha 80's patches? Anyone have a clue how it will be introduced as a combat resource? I still have it as part of my task groups in my offline gunnery terrain. Instead of the 6-8 salvos from the cruiser 8inch guns to drop the CV. It takes 3 salvos from the battleship to sink the CV with a reload time 2x that of the cruiser guns. The battleship also candles exactly like the CV to let you see the task force from a distance after combat with it starts.

Hitech to this day has told no one at any stage of testing since 2014 what AH3 will look like or play like.

Everyone has always been free to build their dream terrains as long as they follow the requirements for use in the MA. Fester is about the only furballer who ever got off his thoockus and created terrains instead of whining about them in the forums. It's a tad lame to whine about other's ideas of a good MA terrain when you can throw your own out there to be attacked by the community to your face if your ideas suck.
I shouldn't have to build terrains for $15 a month....that's a fact for any other game in the world, difference here we got a bit of a tighter community.

Does HTC give any incentive to submit an MA Terrain? Perks, a few free months play??? I've never heard of anything but if they did I'm sure you would see more Terrains being built.

Also with the current state can we submit MA terrains for AH3??? Like you said we dont know what we are going to see....maybe they drop the third country, can't build a AH3 terrain without knowing A LOT of questions
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »
The three country format is going to be retained from the looks of the beta forum and current beta play in the crater MA. I don't see why HT would wander from the basic format since it's proved a success thus far (though I did recommend, at one tome, a four country format based on card suits).

:cheers:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »
Contact Greebo and Easycor if you want to get started with an AH3 terrain for the AH3 MA. There are field spacing requirements that skuzzy will not budge on as far as I know. Both of the players names I've given can help you with the nuances of how to setup types of fields and placement patterns to achieve predictable outcomes toward funneling combat for different purposes.

The vast majority of our current maps were made to control the pre 2009 hoards. Lack of player numbers was not on anyone's mind back then.

HTC has never stated as long as I can remember that they were responsible for creating content. They just provide the sand box and we provide the imagination. That is at the heart of this game's success for so long.

The terrain editor is not very complicated, making a terrain is a time consuming labor of love. HTC will answer question about the editor if you find problems with it or advanced technical issue with terrains if the resident terrain builders are busy or stumped. Greebo, Easycor and the AvA and SEA terrain teams can answer all of the micro and macro questions of the first time terrain creator. Everything else is your creative abilities.

You could always wish list that HTC hire a content team for terrains.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:14:19 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2016, 09:56:45 AM »
the irony is that traveler doesnt understand that only 12 people went to the beta arena. while about 150 were in the MA.  I had a lot of fun that day.  not sure why traveler wasnt able to have fun.  sounds like a personal problem to me.

semp
Youre wasting your time with this one

Just leave it.  Apparently 12 people missing DOES break AH2
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2016, 10:43:44 AM »
We had 30 people in BETA Sea last Friday night. I will continue to run events on Saturday Night in BETA until the game is released.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2016, 11:06:06 AM »
We had 30 people in BETA Sea last Friday night. I will continue to run events on Saturday Night in BETA until the game is released.

you gonna give somebody a heart atack  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2016, 11:11:02 AM »
I will continue to do tank nights in AH3 AVA also! I had 12 guys in there the other night!!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »
Please stop reading into what I said your own likes, dislikes or wants or wishes.  Read what was actual written.  I have never said anything about “fun”.  Please guncrasher, please show me the quote.

I'm not semp, but

My squad logged early that night.  I got e-mails from more squad members that they will not be flying any more, our squad numbers have declined from a high of 20 to a new low of 3.

is a pretty strong insinuation of "lack of fun".  Or were they logging and quitting because they're enjoying themselves too much?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2016, 03:58:49 PM »
I'm not semp, but

is a pretty strong insinuation of "lack of fun".  Or were they logging and quitting because they're enjoying themselves too much?

Wiley.

He said...."Please stop reading into what I said your own likes, dislikes or wants or wishes.  Read what was actual written.  I have never said anything about “fun”.  Please guncrasher, please show me the quote."

"My squad logged early that night.  I got e-mails from more squad members that they will not be flying any more, our squad numbers have declined from a high of 20 to a new low of 3."

The FACTS are ...

1, his squad logged early
2, he has received emails stating that "more squad members will not be flying any more"
3, his squad member have gone from a high of 20 to a low now of 3.

Anything other than this is ALL insinuation, speculation and so on and isn't open to the conversation. Read what he type, and accept what he type as what he wanted to say. IF he wanted to say more, then Im sure he would have.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2016, 04:36:33 PM »
All I'm saying is, it's a pretty logical conclusion to come to based on the OP.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2016, 05:46:35 PM »
I have been flying in AH3 this last week and am having a absolute blast ..

I'll tell you why ... its the die hards that are there.  The people that appreciate good flying, tactics and will salute you whether they win or lose.  The AH3 arena at the moment anyway is like a massive DA to me. 

Great fun and a big salute to all who enjoy the game for the flying and not just base take at all cost type's.

NG

You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »
All I'm saying is, it's a pretty logical conclusion to come to based on the OP.

Wiley.

That's how I read it too.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!